Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all Yankees Fans on this board

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and please make your checks payable to Grady &%^$^$ Little. :lol:

Great Series. It was fun while it lasted. The ending sucked.

Go Pats!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the bright side. This was a total classic. Probably will go down in history as greater than the one game playoff in 78

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Garb.......the Sawx have nothing to be ashamed of....great team!!

The only problem is Theo said last night "this proves there is no curse"

If there isn't one....then don't talk about it!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Beantown hasn't seen this much action since 2001 when the Pats brought home the SB win.

It was fun while it lasted that NY/Boston rivalry and even though I'm a Met fan, the sister team in the Bronx has my support - Go Yankees! :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice of you to step up Garb. Thanks.

You guys really thought you had it didn't ya?

The Curse Lives!!

1918!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to the Yankees, this was as good a baseball series as you'll ever see. F the curse, this was won and lost on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense Tail, but you are what people describe as the the typical Yankees fan. You accept the handshake ....then rub dirt in it. Why so arrogant and mean? There are no curses, and quite frankly I don't really care about 1918. What "cursed" this team is Grady Little's decision-making.

Hat's off to the Yankees for capitalizing on the error of Grady's ways and showing true grit and resilience. Rivera is God on the mound.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As a Red Sox fan, let me tip my cap to the Yankees. But in my heart, and I don't mean this in a bitter way, but the better team did not win last night. The better MANAGER won the game last night. Torre saw quickly that Clemens didn't have his stuff, so he took him out. Little must've been the only person alive who didn't see Martinez losing it. With the way the Red Sox bullpen has been pitching in the postseason, he should've pulled the trigger. Instead, we have to live with another heartbreak and an offseason of "What if?' I'm dying today, for this Red Sox team, aside from Pedro and Manny, has been my favorite team that I've ever rooted for. Great guys, great clubhouse atmosphere, huge heart, big spirit. I'm devastated. This IS worse than 86.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM
    No offense Tail, but you are what people describe as the the typical Yankees fan. You accept the handshake ....then rub dirt in it. Why so arrogant and mean?
    Garb, You're congrats were backhanded at best. Instead of just acknowledging that the better team won, you came here whining about your manager.

Now answer this question please. You really did think you had it last night, didn't ya?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am one yankee fan with a whole new respect for the whole red sox orginazation. Congratulations guys. Yankees truly dodged a bullet last night. while I'm happy with the result, my heart aches for the red sox nation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tail -

I always congratulate the winner. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I just do the right thing. My Daddy taught me well. Does it sting a little? Sure does, cause the win was there for the taking. Plus....I was trying to be a little funny. I'm kind of a wise-guy sometimes in case you haven't noticed.

And honest to God, for you to think that me, the fatalistic Red Sox fan, went into last night thinking we would win, well....I got some lovely property in the FLA Everglades I can sell yah for real cheap. As a true Sox fan, I never believe. Years of heartbreaking losses does that to a gal. Even last night, with a 4-1 lead......I was "cautiuously" optimistic with an emphasis on cautious.

Enjoy the World Series, Tail. Should be a great week, week and a half for you. Do I want the Yanks to win, however? Hell no!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 17 2003, 09:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 17 2003, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza@Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM
    No offense Tail, but you are what people describe as the the typical Yankees fan. You accept the handshake ....then rub dirt in it. Why so arrogant and mean?
    Garb, You&#39;re congrats were backhanded at best. Instead of just acknowledging that the better team won, you came here whining about your manager.

Now answer this question please. You really did think you had it last night, didn&#39;t ya? [/b][/quote]
    First of all Tail, she didn&#39;t have to come here and say anything, that takes a big person to do that..........and I didn&#39;t detect anything backhanded about her statement................so she added a "little" humor to her disappointment, what&#39;s wrong with that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 17 2003, 10:46 AM
    And honest to God, for you to think that me, the fatalistic Red Sox fan, went into last night thinking we would win, well....I got some lovely property in the FLA Everglades I can sell yah for real cheap. As a true Sox fan, I never believe. Years of heartbreaking losses does that to a gal. Even last night, with a 4-1 lead......I was "cautiuously" optimistic with an emphasis on cautious.

Garb, apply that thinking to football - and welcome to the strange and wonderful world of being a Jets fan&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 17 2003, 08:54 AM
    ...and please make your checks payable to Grady &%^&#036;^&#036; Little. :lol:

Go Pats&#33;
    you are absoulutly right. If Grady would of pulled Pedro and put in Wakefield at the begining of the 8th, the party still would be going on in Boston. Great series though

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 17 2003, 08:54 AM
    ...and please make your checks payable to Grady &%^&#036;^&#036; Little. :lol:

Go Pats&#33;
    Thanks a lot Garb. I know how I felt going into the eighth inning...and it wasn&#39;t good. So I can imagine how it feels today up there in Sox nation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on a great win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Oct 17 2003, 10:15 AM
    Congrats on a great win.
    Thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Oct 17 2003, 02:15 PM
    Congrats on a great win.
    Way to show some class PatsFan....I&#39;m glad to see many of you guys had the guts to come on here. I actually made the decision last night that if the Yanks lost I&#39;d log on to the board and hear what the Red Sox fans had to say and I wasn&#39;t liking it one bit. Not all fans have the guts to come out after a game like this. If JetsBlowsox fan hadn&#39;t been banned I doubt he&#39;d be on the board after the 8th inning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 17 2003, 10:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 17 2003, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PatsFanTX@Oct 17 2003, 10:15 AM
    Congrats on a great win.
    Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    tailgators I think your an a**hole.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CurtisSquared+Oct 17 2003, 01:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CurtisSquared @ Oct 17 2003, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -tailgators@Oct 17 2003, 10:18 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--PatsFanTX
    @Oct 17 2003, 10:15 AM
    Congrats on a great win.

Thanks.
    tailgators I think [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t have an opinion about you because you don&#39;t matter.