Thread: Let's Play

You know, You hated him. you even laughed at him.

It is time to play

Famous Jet/Bosox fan quotes !!!!

Let's start off with this gem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6/12/03 After the Yankees are no-hit by 6 Houston Astros

question of the day:

How many teams have won the World Series or even made the playoffs afer being no-hit in the same season?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Answer: 1

The 2003 New York Yankees !!!!!!!!

Bwhahahahha :lol:

one of you stat...uhhh...geniuses must know the answer

Heres a quote referring to Rivera posted on July 12th:

I dont care if he is on the shelf with gonorreah...his health is still his downfall. Arms, legs, groins...he still isnt on the hill closing games because he is ON THE DOWNSIDE of his career. Instead of being grateful for what you Yankee marks HAD and looking to the future...you all seem to be burying your heads in the sand like ostriches concerning this guy.

Lets stay tuned...shall we? Its a long, boring season...he probably has 2 or 3 more DL trips in his future, especially if he is now responsible for the 8th inning too

And here is a JBF quote from Aug 19th. Sadly I do agree with some of #4:

Here is why I am encouraged by the outlook of this season:

1. The Jankees have proven they can easily beat up on the Baltimores, Tampa Bays, and Tigers of the MLB...and we're all very impressed considering their combined payrolls do not exceed ONE FIFTEENTH of fat george's. However, the Yankees simply cannot beat the better MLB teams this season . They have lost 4 straight series to playoff contenders, Boston , Oakland, Seattle, Kansas City respectively!!! That's scary stuff, even for the most ardent Yankee mark on here....cough...Maxman...cough...!!!

2. Contrary to what the marks are saying, Mariano Rivera is far from automatic this year...and the rest of the once vaunted NYY bullpen is a high-wire act to say the least.

3. Their geriatric pitching staff is the best 5 in baseball...which assures them a playoff spot, but many other contenders have significantly better studs (Pedro, Zito, Mulder, Hudson, Moyer, Garcia, Meche) who NYY cannot realistically counter in a 5 game series.

4. Opposing pitchers seemed to have figured out Alphonso Soriano, whose prolonged slump has now officially become a "disappointing year." Without him getting on base, NYY is DONE!!!

5. Now that Joe Torre has to actually manage instead of sitting on the bench for 6 straight years and picking his HUGE nose, we are all seeing that he may not have a Midas touch at all...in fact, he may be detrimental to NYY

And lastly, here are JBF's feelings on Jeter:

It sorta gets lost in the unrelenting hatred that some of these loser posters have for me though...

I never said Jeter wasnt a great ball player...but Nomar and many others are much better than him...as it is incredibly easy to prove (see above posts by PFSIKH)

However, he gets so much publicity, it is as if he is the second coming of Mickey Mantle, and that is far from the case as we all know. He is an above average singles hitter with pretty good range in the field...and THAT IS IT!!! Put him on Detroit or Tampa Bay, and those teams would still lose 100+ games

He is to baseball what Justin Timberlake is to music...the most publicized but far from the most deserving. I might tone all this down a bit if Albert Pujols gets to host SNL sometime soon, but I dont see that happening anytime soon

My favorite of all time, by far without a doubt...

80% of MLB GMs would take Brandon Lyon over Mariano Rivera

Too bad you banned him, you'd be having some fun at his expense now.

Originally posted by AirForceJetFan@Oct 17 2003, 11:58 AM
    My favorite of all time, by far without a doubt...

80% of MLB GMs would take Brandon Lyon over Mariano Rivera
    Mariano Rivera = Panamanian Pipsqueak !!!! :lol:

Classic Jet/Bosox.

Would be fun to hear his spin now... He is probably under suicide watch - the fact that Mariano pitched 3 scoreless innings must be killing him.

All League
    Charter JI Member

If I know Zippy, it's more like denial. There will be SOME lame excuse.

Banned
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Oct 17 2003, 01:28 PM
    If I know Zippy, it's more like denial. There will be SOME lame excuse.
    Yeah, Probably like some of the payroll whining we've seen here today.

He's probably spent all weekend ranting about Grady Little. Too bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by shawn306@Oct 17 2003, 10:59 AM
    You know, You hated him. you even laughed at him.

It is time to play

Famous Jet/Bosox fan quotes !!!!

Let's start off with this gem.

question of the day:

How many teams have won the World Series or even made the playoffs afer being no-hit in the same season?

The Answer: 1

The 2003 New York Yankees !!!!!!!!

Bwhahahahha
    Jet/BosoxFan...HEY, I KNOW THAT GUY!!!

behind the thinky veiled mask...IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY Jet-Bosox-muthaf'n-Fan!!!

YAN-KEES SUCK! YAN-KEES SUCK!! YAN-KEES SUCK!!!

BWA-HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by NY SackExchange@Oct 26 2003, 01:25 AM

Bwhahahahha

Jet/BosoxFan...HEY, I KNOW THAT GUY!!!

behind the thinky veiled mask...IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY Jet-Bosox-muthaf'n-Fan!!!

YAN-KEES SUCK! YAN-KEES SUCK!! YAN-KEES SUCK!!!

BWA-HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
    [/quote]
    Bastard!! :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey JetsBoSox............I can't believe I missed your coming out party!!!!!!!!!

I missed you!!!!!! :wub:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetgirl@Oct 26 2003, 08:40 AM
    Hey JetsBoSox............I can't believe I missed your coming out party!!!!!!!!!

I missed you!!!!!! :wub:
    <_<

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JonEJet+Oct 26 2003, 08:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Oct 26 2003, 08:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl@Oct 26 2003, 08:40 AM
    Hey JetsBoSox............I can&#39;t believe I missed your coming out party&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I missed you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:
    <_< [/b][/quote]
    Well, maybe now that the YankMees lost I can start missing you too JonE.......

Originally posted by jetgirl@Oct 26 2003, 08:40 AM
    Hey JetsBoSox............I can&#39;t believe I missed your coming out party&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Don&#39;t worry jetgirl...something tells me there will be many more Jet/BosoxFan coming-out-of-retirement parties in the near future

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by NY SackExchange+Oct 26 2003, 09:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NY SackExchange @ Oct 26 2003, 09:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl@Oct 26 2003, 08:40 AM

Don&#39;t worry jetgirl...something tells me there will be many more Jet/BosoxFan coming-out-of-retirement parties in the near future [/b][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Got to give the guy credit.....had everyone, including myself fooled for a few months&#33;&#33;

Wish you had the balls to come out after the greatest series ever played.....Yanks vs Sawx 2003~

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 26 2003, 09:20 AM
    Got to give the guy credit.....had everyone, including myself fooled for a few months&#33;&#33;

Wish you had the balls to come out after the greatest series ever played.....Yanks vs Sawx 2003~
    hehehehehe........not me..........