• Mike Mussina

3 27.27%
  • Mariano Rivera

6 54.55%

Thread: Who's you're choice for ALCS Game 7 MVP

Banned
    My choice is Mike Mussina.

Hall Of Fame
    All very worthy, but Mariano Rivera is the best at what he does in baseball history.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You should add one more name to the list, and it's someone who had everything to do with all four of those players being in this poll: Joe Torre. Now that I think about it, he wins the MVP of game 7 hands down. Why?

1. Before the game, he decides to move the lineup around and move Giambi into the 7 spot. Result? Jason hits two dingers.

2. Fourth inning, Clemens struggling, Joe sees it, gets him out of there and brings on Mussina, the MVP PLAYER of the game, keeping the team in it. Were you watching this Grady???

3. 9th inning. Joe brings in Mariano. 10th inning Joe sticks with Mariano. 11th inning, unprecedently Joe sticks with Mariano for a third consecutive inning, unheard of before, knowing full well that the Sox would probably get to any other relief pitcher that they might bring in afterwards. Thus, Joe needs to get as much out of Rivera as he can. End result? Boone leads off with a home run to win the game.

Again, like I said in another thread, the better team did not win this series. The series was won by the team with the better manager.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by scott dierking II@Oct 17 2003, 03:18 PM

Again, like I said in another thread, the better team did not win this series. The series was won by the team with the better manager.
    The Better

Team
    Players
    Manager
    Town
    City
    Organization
    GM
    Coach
    Fans

won this series!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Plain and simple. If the manager's were reversed, the Red Sox win this series, hands down. Grady Little lost this series. He was afraid to hurt Pedro's ego, which is a scary thought. You manage with your mind, not with your heart. If Pedro would've been that upset, he could've shown it to Grady IN THE FREAKING WORLD SERIES!!!

Grady Little lost this game. 'Nuff said.

Hall Of Fame
    Why isn't Grady Little listed?

Riveria is the MVP of the series, hands down. I also pick him over Mussina because he went the extra inning, and hung in there, cappin g off a solid series for him. Mussina came through in his 3 innings, but coming through in extra innings is more stressful. Mussina was down 4 when he worked.