Thread: Republican Record, these zero's have had

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As you may or may not recall in last November's mid-term election the Republicans held onto the House of Representatives and won control of the US Senate. As a result the Federal Government has now been totally controlled by the Republican party for almost one full year. So I think its fair to ask, what have thay accomplished in this year?

As I see it not much of anything.

We're a nation bogged down in the quagmire of Iraq where our youth is getting murdered at a rate of almost three a day, and judging by the latest statements from one of the wars architects we're liable to be there for ten years or so at a cost of trillions of dollars and untold lives.

Here at home the economy is in ruins. As a direct result of a tax cut that mostly benefits only the top one half of one percent of the American people, our nation that only three years ago was poised to be debt free, is now sodden with debt that our grandchildren will likely be required to pay.

So now that we have this debt have the Republicans done anything to control spending? No, instead they've applied (to themselves) for a higher debt ceiling and kept on spending like drunken sailors.

Perhaps some of our "Defenders of the Faith" will step forward and shine some light on some of the Republican achievements?

Keep in mind though, this time the Republicans have no one but themselves to blame. Anyway, I thought Republicans were supposed to be good at handling money? :huh:

I guess that's another myth shattered. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Oct 23 2003, 01:03 PM
    [b] As you may or may not recall in last November's mid-term election the Republicans held onto the House of Representatives and won control of the US Senate. As a result the Federal Government has now been totally controlled by the Republican party for almost one full year. So I think its fair to ask, what have thay accomplished in this year?

As I see it not much of anything.

We're a nation bogged down in the quagmire of Iraq where our youth is getting murdered at a rate of almost three a day, and judging by the latest statements from one of the wars architects we're liable to be there for ten years or so at a cost of trillions of dollars and untold lives.

Here at home the economy is in ruins. As a direct result of a tax cut that mostly benefits only the top one half of one percent of the American people, our nation that only three years ago was poised to be debt free, is now sodden with debt that our grandchildren will likely be required to pay.

So now that we have this debt have the Republicans done anything to control spending? No, instead they've applied (to themselves) for a higher debt ceiling and kept on spending like drunken sailors.

Perhaps some of our "Defenders of the Faith" will step forward and shine some light on some of the Republican achievements?

Keep in mind though, this time the Republicans have no one but themselves to blame. Anyway, I thought Republicans were supposed to be good at handling money? :huh:

I guess that's another myth shattered. :D [/b][/quote]
    It's not even worth addressing the dozens of falsehoods you just typed. I've decided to find your ribbing charming and jovial, because I am convinced that no one can seriously be this dim. I really do hope (for your sake) that you aren't nearly as stupid as you appear to be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 23 2003, 02:08 PM
    [b] It's not even worth addressing the dozens of falsehoods you just typed. [/b][/quote]
    Falsehoods? You mean the Rebublicans haven't had control of the White House, the US Senate and the House of Representatives for almost a year now?

Instead of always resorting to name calling and personal attacks, as a "Defender of the Faith" why don't you make a case for the "wonderful job" the Republicans have done over the last year.

Everything is going great now that they're in charge, right!! :rolleyes: