Thread: Captain Overrated!!!

CAN WE ONCE AND FOR ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS PUNK AS IF HE IS SOMETHING MORE THAN A SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE SINGLES HITTER???

Do you think he is going to change his number from "2" to "E6?"

bwa-hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey di*khead..the Mess had their chance in 2000!!

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 26 2003, 02:03 AM
    Hey di*khead..the Mess had their chance in 2000!!
    Hey Jon...stop crying into your warm PBR and wake the hell up!

Its the originator of the "JonEJinx" tag...your brutha from another mutha...

J...B...muthaf'n...F

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hey NyBlowSawx....you are a deuchebag!!

Originally posted by NY SackExchange@Oct 26 2003, 01:46 AM
    CAN WE ONCE AND FOR ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS PUNK AS IF HE IS SOMETHING MORE THAN A SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE SINGLES HITTER???

Do you think he is going to change his number from "2" to "E6?"

bwa-hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
    Good ole Captain Intangibles.

Love how the fox announcers give him oral sex every time he fields a routine grounder.

THE most overrated player in baseball.

16 million a year? Right. Sure. Great use of resources.

It's overinflated contracts like that which hurt the Yankees.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 26 2003, 03:00 AM

THE most overrated player in baseball.

It's overinflated contracts like that which hurt the Yankees.
    Absolutely!!!

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AND THERE NEVER WILL BE A MORE OVER-RATED PLAYER IN ALL OF SPORTS!

We always talk about how he would fare as a member of Kansas City or Tampa Bay, and we all know he would suck like a Hoover. Because of that massive contract of his, we will never know. The Yankees cannot even contemplate moving that kind of money for a glorified 2-out singles hitter. Too bad there isn't a stat for supposed "intangibles."

Is that really Jet/Bosox ? Wow

Here I have a xmas card for you.

Enjoy.

Off-season Misery Club huh? With all these Cubbie and Red Sox fans...you think there is enough room for the Yankee fans too?

Luckily, many NYY "diehards" were seen in line this morning at Modell's, waiting for the doors to open so they can purchase Florida Marlins merchandise.

It's sad that you losers wait till Jeter finally has a hiccup to call him overrated. When he is batting over .360 and starting come back rallies against Pedro martinez in game 7, or going 3 for 4 in game 4 off beckette you guys are hushed up.

Jeter's play on Mike Lowell was an "overrated" play too right? Yea.

You guys are just jealous, bittter fans.

We'll be back next year. I cant say the same for the Mets or ReD Sox.

Originally posted by JetsMan57@Oct 26 2003, 09:38 AM

Jeter's play on Mike Lowell was an "overrated" play too right? Yea.

Yeah, it kinda was. Didnt the guy just have knee surgery and heroically come back to play in the postseason?

I could have beat out that throw myself...backpedalling to first

All League
    Charter JI Member

Zippy thinks Nosemar, who slowed down the ALCS by a day and a half but didn't get any hits, is better than Jeter.

That should give you an idea how much credibility the clown has.

Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Oct 26 2003, 10:41 AM
    Zippy thinks Nosemar, who slowed down the ALCS by a day and a half but didn't get any hits, is better than Jeter.

That should give you an idea how much credibility the clown has.
    Thats a good point Bob, Nomar has been a better hitter than Derek Jeter for 7 years...Jeter has been a better hitter for 7 ALCS games (6 actually) so they are about even. Sure Nomar was brutal in September and October, but he will still win the AL MVP in all likelihood.

In all seriousness, I have been misquoted here for a prolonged period of time. I maintain that Nomar is the better hitter while Jeter is the better fielder. I maintain that I would rather have Nomar. Any Yankee realistic fan would concur

Hey SackExhange, Get your facts straight. Lowell broke his hand, thats why he missed a lot of time. Not his knee.

It was still a great catch and throw by Jeter. YOu would have to be the biggest Yankee/Jeter hater int he world to not admit that much.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Yankees lost the series....but not because of what Derek jeter brought to the table!!

The playoffs reaffirmed to me....there is NO SS in baseball I would rather have than DJ

NOT ONE

NOT NOSEMAR
    NOT AROD
    NO ONE!!

Originally posted by JetsMan57@Oct 26 2003, 10:51 AM
    It was still a great catch and throw by Jeter. YOu would have to be the biggest Yankee/Jeter hater int he world to not admit that much.
    Jman57, I think he is actually being nominated at this point for that title. That statement isn't too far off. Hey JBF when is the Player Hatin' Award ceremony again?

Undrafted Free Agent
    First things first. Outside of last night, the guy is almost an automatic hit in the clutch. And, Please with Nomar.......I'd take Jeter anyday. Rooting against the Yankees, Nomar made me friggin' sick. Trying to be objective here.

With all that being said, however, after 3 years of hearing about this guys "best baseball play ever" against Oakland (Vs. Steroid Giambi's 'lil bro),
    I think it's time the guy gets his just criticism. He failed to run out a double play. He should have already been at third base when Enrique Wilson threw the ball away. Last nights bunt play-watch it closely, Jeter was surprised Pettitte threw the ball to him-his feeling for 2nd cost them the DP. (Oh yeah the run that scored got on base on his error) We've heard all the gushing over how great this guy is, and most of it is true. But Sorry Derek, no victorious fist pump this year buddy! Good thing you've got that Visa card for the off-season!!!!