Thread: LETS go RANGERS

Brenjetsfan
    its ice off time.....although I was born in S.Carolina...GO RANGERS :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers are going to make the playoffs this year-nothing like seeing a game at The garden when Rangers are winning-unlike the morgue at the Meadowlands for the Devils

Brenjetsfan
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Oct 30 2003, 08:29 PM
    [b] The Rangers are going to make the playoffs this year-nothing like seeing a game at The garden when Rangers are winning-unlike the morgue at the Meadowlands for the Devils [/b][/quote]
    YEA BABE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to finally get a powerplay goal. Now let's keep going.

Gotta love the way Dunham is playing in net now. He's hot. Nedved looks sharp this year. I think he missed Halvich the past 2 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Mike? This Glenn. I'm tired of whipping these fatcats into shape. Want a job?

ESPN.com news services
    Mike Keenan, who had been the leader in victories among all active NHL coaches, has been fired by the Florida Panthers, ESPN has learned.

Team sources say that GM Rick Dudley will be the interim coach. An announcement from the team is expected at a 3 p.m. ET news conference on Sunday.

The Panthers are 5-8-2-0 this year, tied for third in the Southeast Division. In what turned out to be Keenan's final game, Florida lost to St. Louis 2-0 Saturday night.

Keenan has coached six other NHL teams -- the Flyers (1984-88), the Blackhawks (1988-92), the Rangers (1993-94), the Blues (1994-96), the Canucks (1997-98) and the Bruins (2000-01).

Keenan led the Rangers to the Stanley Cup title in 1994, the team's first championship in 54 years. The Rangers went 52-24-8 under Keenan, going from a non-playoff team to the President's Trophy winner and Stanley Cup champ in just one year. It was Keenan's only season with the Rangers.

Keenan became the sixth coach in Panthers history in December of 2001.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should have fired Iron Mike sooner if last night's 4-0 drubbing of the erstwhile conference top dogs Tampa Bay is any indication. :D

Was anyone present on Saturday for the wonderful win by my Flyers? Good game, actually. So many NHL games are boring these days, and that one reminded me of the great late 80's battles between those two teams.

Then last night it got even better; two great fights in the Isles game (Brashear-Godard, Fedoruk-Cairns) en route to another victory.

Any chance the refs are letting these guys play more this year and not be so quick on the stupid "instigator" or "roughing" penalties?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 12:41 PM
    [b] They should have fired Iron Mike sooner if last night's 4-0 drubbing of the erstwhile conference top dogs Tampa Bay is any indication. :D

Was anyone present on Saturday for the wonderful win by my Flyers? Good game, actually. So many NHL games are boring these days, and that one reminded me of the great late 80's battles between those two teams.

Then last night it got even better; two great fights in the Isles game (Brashear-Godard, Fedoruk-Cairns) en route to another victory.

Any chance the refs are letting these guys play more this year and not be so quick on the stupid "instigator" or "roughing" penalties? [/b][/quote]
    Islander fan here....who won the fights....Godard's an animal