Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Will a Republican have the guts to challange Bush

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    CAP Bush has lead America into the abyss. Is the Republican Party just going to stand by and let this continue? Is the "Party of Lincoln" dead and thrown by the wayside? Or will Republican men of principle step forward?

    Sure Bush has a huge amount of dollars in his warchest, but there's got to be a Republican who'll take a principled stand and challenge him.

    Senator McCain your country is calling you to service again.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Desperation calling...

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 04:59 PM
    [b] Desperation calling... [/b][/quote]
    Yep, We're a desperate nation indeed.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not really, here in Kingston NY the other night the democratic Mayor won re-election by a 4-1 margin and we took 8 of 9 seats on the city council only losing the 9th seat by 10 votes.

    I'd say we're doing pretty well, Thank you!

    Here's a link.
    [url=http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10462080&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8]http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=8[/url]

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 6 2003, 05:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 6 2003, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not really, here in Kingston NY the other night the democratic Mayor won re-election by a 4-1 margin and we took 8 of 9 seats on the city council only losing the 9th seat by 10 votes.

    I&#39;d say we&#39;re doing pretty well, Thank you&#33;

    Here&#39;s a link.
    [url=http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10462080&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8]http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=8[/url] [/b][/quote]
    3 new Republican governors and all you get is 2 mayors, a city council and a handful of NJ and VA lawmakers.

    If you&#39;re happy, that&#39;s all that counts&#33;

    If you vote for Bush, maybe all of Rhode Island will switch over to democrat...

    By the way, did democrats ever have the guts to challange President BJ?

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Nov 6 2003, 05:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Nov 6 2003, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Nov 6 2003, 05:17 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not really, here in Kingston NY the other night the democratic Mayor won re-election by a 4-1 margin and we took 8 of 9 seats on the city council only losing the 9th seat by 10 votes.

    I&#39;d say we&#39;re doing pretty well, Thank you&#33;

    Here&#39;s a link.
    [url=http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10462080&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8]http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=8[/url] [/b][/quote]
    3 new Republican governors and all you get is 2 mayors, a city council and a handful of NJ and VA lawmakers.

    If you&#39;re happy, that&#39;s all that counts&#33;

    If you vote for Bush, maybe all of Rhode Island will switch over to democrat...

    By the way, did democrats ever have the guts to challange President BJ? [/b][/quote]
    Weeb...its&#39; the little things, that&#39;s all they got. Look at the topic he posted and his first comment; it shows what a pathetic state the Rats are in. I&#39;ll say this; I Love Terry McCauliffe&#33;&#33;&#33; Now that&#39;s leadership&#33;

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Terry McAwful and BJ Clinton...no two better friends could Republicans have.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Dean actually wised up and rejected government matching funds for the primaries today. Funny, the Dems were calling Bush the Devil for not taking taxpayer dollars, but have nary a peep when Dean(to his credit, even if he&#39;s again changed his mind) decided to have his own supporters pay his freight.

  10. #10
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 6 2003, 07:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 6 2003, 07:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not really, here in Kingston NY the other night the democratic Mayor won re-election by a 4-1 margin and we took 8 of 9 seats on the city council only losing the 9th seat by 10 votes.

    I&#39;d say we&#39;re doing pretty well, Thank you&#33;

    Here&#39;s a link.
    [url=http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10462080&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8]http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=8[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah....I can feel the nation&#39;s political tide turning as Kingston NY&#39;s election results lead the way&#33;&#33; :lol: You can&#39;t really be serious tail....

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    He does have a point.

    The Republicans in my town lost their seats on the county&#39;s Mosquito Commision to democrats.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gmogmo+Nov 10 2003, 08:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gmogmo @ Nov 10 2003, 08:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Nov 6 2003, 07:17 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 6 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Right. A nation filled with desperate democrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not really, here in Kingston NY the other night the democratic Mayor won re-election by a 4-1 margin and we took 8 of 9 seats on the city council only losing the 9th seat by 10 votes.

    I&#39;d say we&#39;re doing pretty well, Thank you&#33;

    Here&#39;s a link.
    [url=http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10462080&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=8]http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=8[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah....I can feel the nation&#39;s political tide turning as Kingston NY&#39;s election results lead the way&#33;&#33; :lol: You can&#39;t really be serious tail.... [/b][/quote]
    I was merely responding to Weeb&#39;s blanket declaration.

    BTW, do you think its sheer coincidence that in [b]MY[/b] hometown that the Democrats are the dominant party? Especially, since we&#39;re smack dab in the middle of a VERY Republican region of Upstate NY.

    I wonder who might have something to do with it?

    Try and guess.

  13. #13
    Personally I&#39;d take John McCain in heartbeat. He&#39;s against porkbarrel spending (which is currently going on at a record rate) and he served honorably in the military (been a while since we had a prez who could say that)

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AirForceJetFan[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 10:47 AM
    [b] Personally I&#39;d take John McCain in heartbeat. He&#39;s against porkbarrel spending (which is currently going on at a record rate) and he served honorably in the military (been a while since we had a prez who could say that) [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s also against domestic exploration/drilling for oil, but he would have been better than the goreturnative.

    Also, as we all get older and past the age of conscription, you are not going to find too many candidates that served in the military. Which means some President down the road is going to commit men to action and never served a day in his life, whether regular military or reserve.

    Oh, wait, that&#39;s already happened -- and guess what, it was never made an issue.

    No politician is perfect, so when you step into that booth, you have to choose the guy closest to your ideals.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 06:30 PM
    [b] Also, as we all get older and past the age of conscription, you are not going to find too many candidates that served in the military. Which means some President down the road is going to commit men to action and never served a day in his life, whether regular military or reserve.

    Oh, wait, that&#39;s already happened -- and guess what, it was never made an issue.

    No politician is perfect, so when you step into that booth, you have to choose the guy closest to your ideals. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah thats right Ronald Reagan never served in the armed forces.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 11 2003, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 11 2003, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 06:30 PM
    [b] Also, as we all get older and past the age of conscription, you are not going to find too many candidates that served in the military. Which means some President down the road is going to commit men to action and never served a day in his life, whether regular military or reserve.

    Oh, wait, that&#39;s already happened -- and guess what, it was never made an issue.

    No politician is perfect, so when you step into that booth, you have to choose the guy closest to your ideals. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah thats right Ronald Reagan never served in the armed forces. [/b][/quote]
    And guess who else.

    Hint: he protested Vietnam in Red Square. He sent soldiers to die, without support in Mogadishu. He also sent soldiers to Serbia/Kosovo/Bosnia and Haiti.

    Now, take the gum out of your mouth, stop typing and concentrate&#33;

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Reagan may have never left Hollywood, but he was commissioned in the Army during WWII and was discharged honorably as a captain in 1945. He mostly worked on training films.

    GW Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard a dn could have been activated but never was. The jet he flew was being phased out at the time his service expired.

    But as usual, to cover for POS Clinton, you mock these guys. Classy.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 08:08 PM
    [b] But as usual, to cover for POS Clinton, you mock these guys. Classy. [/b][/quote]
    Didn&#39;t know that about RR, but it doesn&#39;t matter.

    The liberal premise for this is attack against conservatives is weak. As are their ideals. As are their candidates. As is their character.

    But throw enough dung at a wall and something is bound to stick...

  19. #19
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 12:08 AM
    [b] GW Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard a dn could have been activated but never was. The jet he flew was being phased out at the time his service expired.

    But as usual, to cover for POS Clinton, you mock these guys. Classy. [/b][/quote]
    This statement is a perfect example of why I stopped following politics as closely as I used to. I came to the realization that EVERY politician is going to lie/cheat/steal or something of that nature along the way and when you have the blind faith that exists here, you have to make weak excuses to defend your guy. Here are 2 undeniable, undisputable facts. If you&#39;re a Dem or Rep TOO BAD....between Bush and Clinton there was never any legit military service.

    --Clinton didn&#39;t approve of Viet Nam so instead of serving his country he bailed and protested (not what you look for in a commander in chief)

    --Bush was in the ANG in a unit that housed him and the sons of 3 other senators as non-volunteers for overseas (war) duty. Bush then went AWOL for a year and a half. Nobody from the Bush camp has ever denied this and his supporters simply use the old "who cares that was a long time ago" line when asked about it in an interview.

    BUSH did not serve honorably and broke military law but was given a pass
    CLINTON did not serve at all

    Neither one is the least bit desirable as a commander in chief. That can not be said of McCain. He is a person/leader that the military could be proud to call a commander in chief.

  20. #20
    As long as it&#39;s not a DEMOCRAT, I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us