Thread: Suprised... No posts on

Hall Of Fame
    I figured this would have been a hot topic on here by now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, that and Jay Rockefeller's treasonous abuse of his position on the Intelligence committee, as evidenced by the shameful memo that blatantly exposed the Democratic party as a bunch of scheming, self-serving scumbags.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Nov 7 2003, 02:27 PM
    [b] Yeah, that and Jay Rockefeller's treasonous abuse of his position on the Intelligence committee, as evidenced by the shameful memo that blatantly exposed the Democratic party as a bunch of scheming, self-serving scumbags. [/b][/quote]
    The democ[b]Rats[/b] avoid the obvious and hope for the worst!

hey ill step up to the plate. The new job numbers are truly the best news this country has seen for months. Its a positive development and should it continue, the incumbant will have earned another term. Good job and congrats.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 8 2003, 05:28 PM
    [b] hey ill step up to the plate. The new job numbers are truly the best news this country has seen for months. Its a positive development and should it continue, the incumbant will have earned another term. Good job and congrats. [/b][/quote]
    Not bad for a "monkey", eh bit?

All League
    You know what really gets me about all this talk about how the economy's bouncing back will insure President Bush gets re-elected.

I really don't believe the president deserves the credit for all the good economic indicators we've recently had.

I believe the tax cut was a good thing and all but as long as taxes weren't raised I think we would've had the recovery anyway because the economy to me is kind of like a pendulum, it's gonna swing one way, then reverse course a little and swing back the other way and so on and so on.

Sure, there will be times when the pendulum swings to the right and stays there a little longer than it normally would and then swings quickly back left for a short time and then back right for an extended period and visa-versa, but overall I believe all presidents get too much blame when the economy goes south and too much credit when things go well.

To me, Clinton was the greatest example of this theory, he presided over some of the best economic times in modern history and certainly tried { every chance he got } to claim his policies caused all the good times but to me, in reality, he did nothing other than watch the tech sector lead the way towards great markets and a booming economy, he couldn't have screwed it up { although he tried to by raising taxes } if he tried because the economy is just too big and complex for any presidential policy or program to try to handle.

I certainly hope this recovery continues for a variety of reasons but if that's the reason President Bush gets re-elected as opposed to the many good reasons he's provided voters over the last 3 years then I think alot of voters are misguided.