Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Lynch

must be nice to have complete faith in one's government and the things it tells you.

Its like being an 8 year old looking up the chimminey on xmas eve

aww you guys are so cute

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 8 2003, 05:24 PM
    [b] must be nice to have complete faith in one's government and the things it tells you.

aww you guys are so cute [/b][/quote]
    It doesn't take " complete faith in ones government " to realize that there's absolutely no friggin way in hell those soldiers went into the Lynch rescue with a " wag the dog " mentality.

All it takes is a little common sense to come to the realization that soldiers would never allow themselves to be put in a situation in the middle of a friggin war where they could be exposed to enemy gunfire { no matter how minimal the risk } while they're standing there with blanks unable to defend themselves, their superiors would never allow their troops to be put in such a precarious position and the troops would never stand for it because it's totally ludicrous.

What's ridiculous to me is people would even suggest that garbage, that just shows complete ignorance to me on their part about what our military is all about and also shows a desperation on some peoples parts that they will repeat any mistruth uttered by a couple of liberal's no matter how unfounded and ridiculous it may be simply to try to put this administration in a bad light.

All Pro
    [b] must be nice to have complete faith in one's government and the things it tells you.

It's kinda like how three plus years ago all you lefty louies were plugging your ears about how the Clintonesta's were selling our military (and us) down the river to our Asian communist counterparts for a few political donations. Our government would [i]never[/i] lie to us when a liberal is running the show, but now that a Republican is...

The UN, the French, Russian and Germans are all so honest, and your own government isn't.

As far as Jessica Lynch goes, she can critize the pentagon all she wants. But, as you read this, her own father is going back to Iraq to serve his "propagandist" country. How could a father betray his own daughter like that? And I didn't see Pvt. Lynch turn back that lucrative book or TV movie deal, both of which definately propagandize the whole event. Only the nameless, faceless, guys that risked their lives to save hers, the soldier that taped it and the Pentagon who made it available disgusts her? C'mon, give me a break.

Its funny how the few soldiers that critize are heroes to the left and the other 10's of thousands who believe in what they do and have positive things to say are ignored or deemed brainwashed.

I guess a "Chickenhawk" is a person that supports people who risk their lives everyday to keep them safe. Aren't we all chickenhawks? Aren't most of us dependant on the military, nation guard, policemen, firemen, the FBI and CIA/NSA spies that risk their lives to keep them, their families and their way of life safe?

So anyone that isn't a chickenhawk, risks their lives daily to save the lives of others or is just a hypocrit or an anarchist? Which one are you?

Merry Christmas.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Yes...many were guilty in believing the facade of blowjob bill clinton's fraudulent presidency; we had a strong economy (built on dot-com's and computer purchase) and a strong defense....what a joke!

Listen up, we all know Bill Clinton's watergate was a setup...as well as the whole blowjob thing with that intern..who gives a rat's ass if he was getting some sucking action in the white house...do you really blame him..from all accounts Hillary is a non sexual being....

Now, please dont give me "a president has to be a moral pillar" crap...GWB was a freaking alcoholic and a louse..his wife put her foot down and she was the one to straighten him up. I love my country but to spend american tax dollars searching the back woods of Arkansas for some real estate scam is complete bs. Talk about witch hunt. I loved the Clinton years....we were a prosperous nation...

I voted for Giuliani as mayor because i thought he would do a good job. I voted for Gore because i thought he would do a good job. I accept GWB as prez....i respect him because he is prez..but please dont start with that demo rat crap...repubs have been in the mud too....no political party is exempt from being called out...

LL

P.S. Lets all get off our high moral horse...

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Nov 10 2003, 06:38 PM
    [b] Listen up, we all know Bill Clinton's watergate was a setup...as well as the whole blowjob thing with that intern..who gives a rat's ass if he was getting some sucking action in the white house...do you really blame him..from all accounts Hillary is a non sexual being....

Now, please dont give me "a president has to be a moral pillar" crap...GWB was a freaking alcoholic and a louse..his wife put her foot down and she was the one to straighten him up. I love my country but to spend american tax dollars searching the back woods of Arkansas for some real estate scam is complete bs. Talk about witch hunt. I loved the Clinton years....we were a prosperous nation...

I voted for Giuliani as mayor because i thought he would do a good job. I voted for Gore because i thought he would do a good job. I accept GWB as prez....i respect him because he is prez..but please dont start with that demo rat crap...repubs have been in the mud too....no political party is exempt from being called out...

LL

P.S. Lets all get off our high moral horse... [/b][/quote]
    So a [b]reformed[/b] alcholic is a louse, but not a guy that cheats on his wife and was PROVEN to have lied under oath, in a court of law and to his country is not.

Forget the bj. Forget trumping up criminal charges to fire innocent civil servants in favor of your cronies. Forget hiring PIs to dig up dirt on regular citizens. Forget using the IRS to retaliate against political opponents. Forget not capturing terrorists when handed to us on a silver platter.

I'll tell you what my biggest problem with Clinton was when the Communist Chinese start lobbing nukes our way. Maybe you'll change your tune.

Believe it or not, I was once like you, a registered Democrat and a moderate leaning toward the left. Then, I watched the lawyers of a very famous football player/wife murderer twist the law with ease based on many of the premises that the left has fought so hard to preserve. I watched the president of my country, who had so much disrepect for the troops he commanded, shirk his constitutional duty and send them to every corner of the world at the whim of the United Nations. All this while Osama bin Laden and his merry band of terrorists, killed and maimed those very same soldiers. I watched a truly clueless man exact his revenge by sending some cruise missiles thru an aspirin factory and pay hush money to the nuclear-less North Koreans using my HARD EARNED TAX MONEY. Oh, but our portfolios were riding high and a huge farce know as the DOT com bubble.

Moral high horse. I think not. Selling my family's security away for a few lousy campaign dollars -- now that's a louse!

[img]http://workingforchange.speedera.net/www.workingforchange.com/webgraphics/wfc/TMW11-12-03.gif[/img]

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 01:45 PM
    [b] [img]http://workingforchange.speedera.net/www.workingforchange.com/webgraphics/wfc/TMW11-12-03.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Oh MY GOD!!!!

This is too F-ing funny!!!

Shakin, 5-ever, Come Back and Weeb you've all just been called out!!!

Hall Of Fame
    SO, by this logic, the ONLY REASON why guys like Bit, Tail and Jet Set are NOT currently in the military is because they oppose the Iraq War? Yeah - that makes sense.

You can't have it both ways, regardless of how often and intensely you try to do so.

I support policemen and fireman and can certainaly do so legitimately without becoming one of them.

Why the hell am I even bothering with this ridiculousness.....?

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 04:56 PM
    [b] SO, by this logic, the ONLY REASON why guys like Bit, Tail and Jet Set are NOT currently in the military is because they oppose the Iraq War? Yeah - that makes sense.

You can't have it both ways, regardless of how often and intensely you try to do so.

I support policemen and fireman and can certainaly do so legitimately without becoming one of them.

[/b][/quote]
    I did my part in my early twenties. Now I'm 41.

All Pro
    [img]http://www.centralindiana.com/cartoons/images/042003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cnsnews.com/cartoon/Nowakimages/2003/peace.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/{2C4E9C02-A727-4B85-81F2-217D79EEE297}.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/{3538317B-3E03-480F-A0D9-8E7C59B29998}.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 11 2003, 03:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 11 2003, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 04:56 PM
    [b] SO, by this logic, the ONLY REASON why guys like Bit, Tail and Jet Set are NOT currently in the military is because they oppose the Iraq War? Yeah - that makes sense.

You can&#39;t have it both ways, regardless of how often and intensely you try to do so.

[/b][/quote]
    I did my part in my early twenties. Now I&#39;m 41. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s great that you did, I appreciate it.

I am quite sure, however, that opposition to the Iraq War is not the reason why Bitonti and Jet Set are not currently in the military.

Some drunk driver took away my health when I was 21 and I missed out on a lot of things because of it, however. I do not know if I would joined the Navy after college. I cannot truthfully say I definitely would have. My father was encouraging me to do so and I was turthfully considering it. However, it ceased to be an option after I got hurt.

But if belittling people like me makes Bitonti feels any better about himself, then I am all for it. However, he knows damn well the Iraq War and politics in general have nothing at all to do with why he didn&#39;t join the military. There&#39;s nothing to be ashamed about if you don&#39;t serve. It&#39;s a choice and thankfully there are enough people who DO choose to serve that we do not require compulsory enlistment anymore and I thank all of those people from the bottom of my heart, including you Tail.

Sure it&#39;s a cartoon and perhaps its all tongue-in-cheek, but I am willing to bet big money that if you asked Bitonti or Jet Set why they haven&#39;t served the response you&#39;d get would be some long sermon about how they don&#39;t trust the government and that people are corrupt and they they don&#39;t want to be a part of the engine of evil or some such nonsense. They would hide from the simple, true fact that they just didn&#39;t choose to serve because it wasn&#39;t in their interest to do so, period.

This is all a red herring and is Michael Moore-ish clap-trap nonsense.

Banned
    Weeb...Did you Mommy run out of Cheetos?:lol:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 04:59 PM
    [b] I did my part in my early twenties. Now I&#39;m 41. [/b][/quote]
    And we respect you for it.

Who was your commander -- Capt. Crunch, Capt. Kangaroo?

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 05:16 PM
    [b] Who was your commander -- Capt. Crunch, Capt. Kangaroo? [/b][/quote]
    Does your mommy keep those in the house for you too? :lol:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Nov 11 2003, 05:15 PM
    [b] Weeb...Did you Mommy run out of Cheetos?:lol: [/b][/quote]
    Your material just keeps getting better and better.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Just finished watching the Jessica Lynch interview....to say she "comdemned the Pentagon" or that she felt "she was being used" to exploit the war was a bit of a reach to say the least (though the libs will continually run with it).

She came out and said what everyone (but libs that is) realize; the Americans did not use excessive force to save her as they did not know what they would be encountering. (Of course if the Americans had gone in to save her and left their guns at home but instead bought a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the Iraqi&#39;s then God forbid got shot up, hypocritical libs like tailgators and bionti would say [i]See...they have no plan&#33;[/i])

Funny but even Diane Sawyer hinted that if the administration really wanted to exploit the situation for their benefit they would&#39;ve come right out and said the Private Lynch had been raped to show the brutal evil of the liberals...er I mean Iraqis.

there&#39;s a good reason why i didn&#39;t serve.

so i wouldn&#39;t end up 8000 miles away from home indefinately deployed in a sandpit wasteland, breathing in god knows what that&#39;s probably gonna manifest into some syndrome, risking death and generally treated like s**t by my Country in waging war that was unneccessary and foolish.

if this country was in danger i would there in a heartbeat. Killing people in the name of Halliburton and Bechtel isn&#39;t my cup of tea.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 11:55 AM
    [b] if this country was in danger i would there in a heartbeat. [/b][/quote]
    Would you? How would you know the country is in danger especially with your attitude about both these wars after you watched a horrific attack against it.

I guess waiting until millions of your fellow Americans were laying in a smoldering pile of ashes and waiting for 100% confirmation about who did it before you jump into action is commendable in liberal circles.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 10:55 AM
    [b] there&#39;s a good reason why i didn&#39;t serve.

so i wouldn&#39;t end up 8000 miles away from home indefinately deployed in a sandpit wasteland, breathing in god knows what that&#39;s probably gonna manifest into some syndrome, risking death and generally treated like s**t by my Country in waging war that was unneccessary and foolish.

if this country was in danger i would there in a heartbeat. Killing people in the name of Halliburton and Bechtel isn&#39;t my cup of tea. [/b][/quote]

YOU DON&#39;T SERVE BECAUSE YOU DON&#39;T WANT TO&#33; It has NOTHING to do with politics, Iraq or anything else. Save the sermons and be honest for a change&#33;&#33;&#33;

It doesn&#39;t make you a bad person, just stop the sermons and the lecturing...you have far more practical and less philosophical reasons for not serving.

"If the country was in danger I&#39;d be there, I will just put so many conditions and stipulations as to what exactly contitutes being &#39;in danger&#39; that I&#39;ll never have to serve, but get credit for wanting to do so."

When my uncle retired he talked all about how he was going to volunteer to soup kitchens and charities and what-not. But he put so many conditions and criteria on each potential charity; they had to be Catholic, they had to be the RIGHT kind of Catholic, they had to be open on certain days, etc. He never lifted a finger but would always tell people that he was "active" in that regard.