Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jessica Lynch

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey chicken hawks it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what is real and what is bull****. I don't need an AM radio guru to figure out if my country is in REAL danger.

face the facts that you long have denied - this war is complete bull****

never in a million billion years would Saddam Hussain's crumbling empire threaten the UNITED STATES.

Would he threaten Saudi? Israel? Kuwait? maybe but i don't give a f**k about that. Last i checked those places were 8000 miles away from the home of the free and the brave. Even if their was an Iraq-911 connection (there wasn't) - you don't fight suicide bombers with conventional warfare. Its idiotic and doomed to failure. You haven't believed this from the beginning, but the current conditions are bearing the truth out as we all said it would.

[b]The real story about me (like you give a s**t)[/b] is that both my grandfathers were in WWII, european theatre. One was a paratrooper in the 101st and the other was in the push from Anzio to Berlin. Even was among the first troops to break the chains at Dackou.

anyway Upon their return they made their kids swear that they would never let another one of us go to war. This is two seperate families, mind you, that weren't in contact with each other. 1 kid from each family rebelled and went off to Nam. Neither came back completely whole, and the eventual fall of Soviet communism 20 years later hasn't justified the price.

I've seen the horrors of war, not first hand but in the eyes of those who went.

By not enlisting in the war machine im honoring the wishes of those who sacrificed before me, so i didn't have to go through what they went through.

And to be completely honest it was the right move. Vets and current soldiers are being treated like absolute s**t. People say support the troops, support the president but the reality is the president doesn't support the troops, he is just using them to foward his flawed agenda and maybe help out some fatcat friends along the way. I support the troops by sending packages. I support them in prayer. I support them by goinging AGAINST the president.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 04:23 PM
    [b] By not enlisting in the war machine im honoring the wishes of those who sacrificed before me, so i didn't have to go through what they went through.

And to be completely honest it was the right move. Vets and current soldiers are being treated like absolute s**t. People say support the troops, support the president but the reality is the president doesn't support the troops, he is just using them to foward his flawed agenda and maybe help out some fatcat friends along the way. I support the troops by sending packages. I support them in prayer. I support them by goinging AGAINST the president. [/b][/quote]
    Cue violin music...

Fellow Chicken-Hawks meet bitonti, the Chicken-Dove.

(Two can play the name calling game, you know)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 04:23 PM
    [b] Upon their return they made their kids swear that they would never let another one of us go to war. [/b][/quote]
    Not that it really matters but I'm a little confused ?

Which post was correct ....the one where you you said " if the country was in danger you'd be there in a heartbeat"...or...the family reference you made that basically says your gonna honor the wishes of those who sacrificed before you by not enlisting ?.

Maybe it's just me but they seem a little contradictory.

Oh yeah....one more thing...if you feel it's noble and honorable to have a family credo that basically states we're done fighting for this country cause we've seen the horrors of war personally I think your family priorities are misguided at best.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Nov 12 2003, 12:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Nov 12 2003, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 11:55 AM
    [b] if this country was in danger i would there in a heartbeat. [/b][/quote]
    Would you? How would you know the country is in danger especially with your attitude about both these wars after you watched a horrific attack against it.

I guess waiting until millions of your fellow Americans were laying in a smoldering pile of ashes and waiting for 100% confirmation about who did it before you jump into action is commendable in liberal circles. [/b][/quote]
    He forget to frame it by letting everyone know the only time he&#39;ll ever think the "country is in danger" is when Al Queda is at his front doorstep&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 08:51 PM
    [b] Which post was correct ....the one where you you said " if the country was in danger you&#39;d be there in a heartbeat"...or...the family reference you made that basically says your gonna honor the wishes of those who sacrificed before you by not enlisting ?.

Maybe it&#39;s just me but they seem a little contradictory.

Oh yeah....one more thing...if you feel it&#39;s noble and honorable to have a family credo that basically states we&#39;re done fighting for this country cause we&#39;ve seen the horrors of war personally I think your family priorities are misguided at best. [/b][/quote]
    well honestly both. I wouldn&#39;t enlist to be career and fight in some godforsaken sandpit (with great energy resources), but if the tanks were rolling down flatbush ave i would be there sandbaging the bus shelters and tossing grenades you can bet the house on that.

I&#39;ve heard it said that we are in Iraq to protect America, but to date, we haven&#39;t found one logical piece of evidence to support that claim. Not a single damn one.

Fighting terrorism with conventional warfare is like going after an anthill with your shoe. you might get a couple but you won&#39;t get em all. And the effort you expend won&#39;t be worth the results.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 11:55 AM
    [b] there&#39;s a good reason why i didn&#39;t serve.

[/b][/quote]
    And you wonder why liberals are considered unpatriotic or anti-American; there is never a good reason not to serve America.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 13 2003, 11:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 13 2003, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 12 2003, 08:51 PM
    [b] Which post was correct ....the one where you you said " if the country was in danger you&#39;d be there in a heartbeat"...or...the family reference you made that basically says your gonna honor the wishes of those who sacrificed before you by not enlisting ?.

Maybe it&#39;s just me but they seem a little contradictory.

Oh yeah....one more thing...if you feel it&#39;s noble and honorable to have a family credo that basically states we&#39;re done fighting for this country cause we&#39;ve seen the horrors of war personally I think your family priorities are misguided at best. [/b][/quote]
    well honestly both. I wouldn&#39;t enlist to be career and fight in some godforsaken sandpit (with great energy resources), but if the tanks were rolling down flatbush ave i would be there sandbaging the bus shelters and tossing grenades you can bet the house on that.

I&#39;ve heard it said that we are in Iraq to protect America, but to date, we haven&#39;t found one logical piece of evidence to support that claim. Not a single damn one.

Fighting terrorism with conventional warfare is like going after an anthill with your shoe. you might get a couple but you won&#39;t get em all. And the effort you expend won&#39;t be worth the results. [/b][/quote]
    O.K.....fair enough.....I don&#39;t agree with your philosophies but then again you don&#39;t live your life have people approve or disapprove of you anyway so it&#39;s no big deal.

But I wonder.....I know you wouldn&#39;t enlist and that&#39;s a personal choice you have every right to make.....but.....what if it weren&#39;t a question of enlisting, hypothetically, lets say the U.S needed to implement a draft and you drew the short straw and was assigned to go to Iraq.....what would you do ?.....would you honor your families wishes in that case and refuse to go...or...would you do your duty even though you felt it was misguided.

I realize your probably past the draft eligable age but this is a hypothetical so just for arguments sake try to imagine yourself in that situation and let us know how you&#39;d handle the dilemna.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 13 2003, 03:28 PM
    [b] But I wonder.....I know you wouldn&#39;t enlist and that&#39;s a personal choice you have every right to make.....but.....what if it weren&#39;t a question of enlisting, hypothetically, lets say the U.S needed to implement a draft and you drew the short straw and was assigned to go to Iraq.....what would you do ?.....would you honor your families wishes in that case and refuse to go...or...would you do your duty even though you felt it was misguided.

I realize your probably past the draft eligable age but this is a hypothetical so just for arguments sake try to imagine yourself in that situation and let us know how you&#39;d handle the dilemna. [/b][/quote]
    Maryland...You ought to state what you&#39;d do first before you ask others to do so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 13 2003, 03:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 13 2003, 03:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 13 2003, 03:28 PM
    [b] But I wonder.....I know you wouldn&#39;t enlist and that&#39;s a personal choice you have every right to make.....but.....what if it weren&#39;t a question of enlisting, hypothetically, lets say the U.S needed to implement a draft and you drew the short straw and was assigned to go to Iraq.....what would you do ?.....would you honor your families wishes in that case and refuse to go...or...would you do your duty even though you felt it was misguided.

I realize your probably past the draft eligable age but this is a hypothetical so just for arguments sake try to imagine yourself in that situation and let us know how you&#39;d handle the dilemna. [/b][/quote]
    Maryland...You ought to state what you&#39;d do first before you ask others to do so. [/b][/quote]
    O.K.....First off....I did enlist when I was 18 and served 4 yrs in the U.S.A.F.....I already did my time for this country and thankfully never had to be involved in bloodshed.

But.....I realize it&#39;s easy to say...but...if I got a phone call right now and my country said they needed me to go over there and serve I wouldn&#39;t be happy about it or look foward to it but I&#39;d have to go regardless of what I would fear could happen to me or what it would do to my wife and my 2 small children because if I didn&#39;t I believe it would be a slap in the face to all those who sacrificed their lives so I could live mine freely...and...if I refused to go when asked then someone else would have to go in my place that would not have had to and I think it&#39;s incredably selfish to ask someone to lay their life on the line for you to protect your freedoms when you are unwilling to do the same.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect that Maryland Jet, I honestly do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Nov 13 2003, 04:45 PM
    [b] I respect that Maryland Jet, I honestly do. [/b][/quote]
    Thank You.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 13 2003, 03:28 PM
    [b] But I wonder.....I know you wouldn&#39;t enlist and that&#39;s a personal choice you have every right to make.....but.....what if it weren&#39;t a question of enlisting, hypothetically, lets say the U.S needed to implement a draft and you drew the short straw and was assigned to go to Iraq.....what would you do ? [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;ve given that scenerio much thought. Actually its funny you mention that cause my family members asked me that last xmas. I am still in the selective service and anything iss possible. The answer i gave them was not met with great satisfaction.

If i got a low draft number where it was pretty much a certainty i would be drafted, [b]i would enlist[/b]. I have a college degree and an estabilished skill set. If im going in, im not gonna be peeling potatoes.

My family said no, you can&#39;t if you get drafted you are going to Canada. But i told them that&#39;s not the right thing to do. Despite all the ways i disagree with my country&#39;s policies, im not a coward. This country has been nothing but good to me and my family and if it REALLY needed me i would be there. Even if it meant going to Iraq indefinately and whatever nastiness that entailed. believe it or not that&#39;s the truth. I love this country.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 13 2003, 05:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 13 2003, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MARYLAND JET[/i]@Nov 13 2003, 03:28 PM
    [b] But I wonder.....I know you wouldn&#39;t enlist and that&#39;s a personal choice you have every right to make.....but.....what if it weren&#39;t a question of enlisting, hypothetically, lets say the U.S needed to implement a draft and you drew the short straw and was assigned to go to Iraq.....what would you do ? [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;ve given that scenerio much thought. Actually its funny you mention that cause my family members asked me that last xmas. I am still in the selective service and anything iss possible. The answer i gave them was not met with great satisfaction.

If i got a low draft number where it was pretty much a certainty i would be drafted, [b]i would enlist[/b]. I have a college degree and an estabilished skill set. If im going in, im not gonna be peeling potatoes.

My family said no, you can&#39;t if you get drafted you are going to Canada. But i told them that&#39;s not the right thing to do. Despite all the ways i disagree with my country&#39;s policies, im not a coward. This country has been nothing but good to me and my family and if it REALLY needed me i would be there. Even if it meant going to Iraq indefinately and whatever nastiness that entailed. believe it or not that&#39;s the truth. I love this country. [/b][/quote]
    I respect that &#33;.