Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Disgusting shamless self-promotion

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Regardless of whether or not you were for the war I'm sure we can all agree on this: the men and women of our Armed Forces are hero's, period.

    That is why, late in the fourth quarter I wanted to vomit when Gus Johnson read a shameless CBS promotion that went something like:

    "Many people question whether or not Jessica Lynch is a hero but there's no doubting Elizabeth Smart was a hero....watch the Elizabeth Smart movie tonight"

    I belong to a website, FreeRepublic.com, and we were in large part responsible for having the Regan mini-series removed from CBS with a huge e-mail & snail-mail campaign. They (CBS) can expect much the same after this!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    3,975
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 9 2003, 09:22 PM
    [b] I belong to a website, FreeRepublic.com, and we were in large part responsible for having the Regan mini-series removed from CBS with a huge e-mail & snail-mail campaign. They (CBS) can expect much the same after this! [/b][/quote]
    Reagan its Reagan!!

    I hate to pick on spelling errors, but you ought to at least get this one right.

    BTW...your dumbass website had nothing to do with the decision by CBS to put the Reagan mini-series on Showtime. Viacom the parent company of CBS had the program pulled because their looking to gain ownership of 26 stations and need the Bush administration to veto any change the Congress is making to the recently passed FCC regulations regarding station ownership.

    Personally, I loath these stupid mini-series' but I don't see any reason to get so worked up about it. My god how many of these dumb series' have been done about the Kennedy's?

    Why are conservatives so thin skinned anyway?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Nov 9 2003, 10:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Nov 9 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 9 2003, 09:22 PM
    [b] I belong to a website, FreeRepublic.com, and we were in large part responsible for having the Regan mini-series removed from CBS with a huge e-mail & snail-mail campaign. They (CBS) can expect much the same after this&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Reagan its Reagan&#33;&#33;

    I hate to pick on spelling errors, but you ought to at least get this one right.

    BTW...your dumbass website had nothing to do with the decision by CBS to put the Reagan mini-series on Showtime. Viacom the parent company of CBS had the program pulled because their looking to gain ownership of 26 stations and need the Bush administration to veto any change the Congress is making to the recently passed FCC regulations regarding station ownership.

    Personally, I loath these stupid mini-series&#39; but I don&#39;t see any reason to get so worked up about it. My god how many of these dumb series&#39; have been done about the Kennedy&#39;s?

    Why are conservatives so thin skinned anyway?[/b][/quote]
    Our "dumbass website" is ruffling the feathers of a lot off liberals like yourself&#33;&#33; (when the silent majority speaks the earth rumbles&#33;&#33;).

    And your theory of why Viacom pulled the mini-series is total horse-sh&#33;t&#33; They still plan to broadcast that piece of crap on showtime&#33;

    Why get worked up about it....hmm, let&#39;s see now. The producer and directors are all liberal scum and the lead actor is married to the biggest liberal cvnt out there...but let&#39;s forget about that for a minute.

    When a biased-liberal paper like the NY Times comes out and states that the mini-series is full of ridiculous lies against a conservative President....well you know there are problems&#33;

    You really show how pathetic you are and do nothing but justify my previous posts that democ[b]RATS[/b] like yourself have one hope to get back in power; the deaths of American&#39;s in Iraq.

    Want proof?

    I notice nowhere in your response to my original post did you address the topic I was elluding to&#33;&#33;&#33;

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    In a twisted way, it might have been even better for CBS to run this; have everyone boycott it&#39;s advertisers; and put a stake through the heart of these crappy made-for-TV movies once and for all. Most of them are just for gossipy storylines rather than history. The Kennedys, what ever you think of them(and my opinion of them, other than war hero Joseph Jr. and JFK Jr., is pretty low) have had their lives splayed all over TV for no reason other than ratings in crappy movies just like this. Plus, I want to be spared the spectacle of the CLinton family saga, which will require a "MA" warning. That would make "The Sopranos" look like "Barney".

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 9 2003, 10:53 PM
    [b] In a twisted way, it might have been even better for CBS to run this; have everyone boycott it&#39;s advertisers; and put a stake through the heart of these crappy made-for-TV movies once and for all. Most of them are just for gossipy storylines rather than history. The Kennedys, what ever you think of them(and my opinion of them, other than war hero Joseph Jr. and JFK Jr., is pretty low) have had their lives splayed all over TV for no reason other than ratings in crappy movies just like this. Plus, I want to be spared the spectacle of the CLinton family saga, which will require a "MA" warning. That would make "The Sopranos" look like "Barney". [/b][/quote]
    Bugg...we got an early list of the advertisers and also e-mailed/snail mailed them two weeks ago.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    I&#39;m sure you Freepers did. My thought is people should read about history or watch the History Channel or Discovery to learn such things. Occasionally, you get a well-made movie that is accurate and teaches you some things, like"Gandhi" "Gallipoli" or "Patton". Most of these cookie cutter crappy TV flicks don&#39;t care about history. The fact that Reagan was instrumental in bringing an end to the Soviet Union probably won&#39;t even be a subplot. The chances of him saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall&#33;" are nil. If it had broadcast, the backlash would have been enormous and forceful that such movies would be dead once and for all, since no advertiser would touch it.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 9 2003, 11:01 PM
    [b] I&#39;m sure you Freepers did. My thought is people should read about history or watch the History Channel or Discovery to learn such things. Occasionally, you get a well-made movie that is accurate and teaches you some things, like"Gandhi" "Gallipoli" or "Patton". Most of these cookie cutter crappy TV flicks don&#39;t care about history. The fact that Reagan was instrumental in bringing an end to the Soviet Union probably won&#39;t even be a subplot. The chances of him saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall&#33;" are nil. If it had broadcast, the backlash would have been enormous and forceful that such movies would be dead once and for all, since no advertiser would touch it. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you...the alphabet networks, except for a few comedies to my mind, produce trash as far as made for TV broadcasting.

  8. #8
    I am no liberal...i tend to be a moderate...but I think that boycotting a show is kind of diluting the marketplace of ideas..if the show was a falsehood then people watching it would agree and state that. There is no need to have something pulled...by the way with all this conservative free PR I am sure showtime will pull fantastic ratings on this miniseries.

    The only crap that i will boycott is sexually explicit stuff that can be seen by kids and racist/ bigoted shows.

    By t he way, the astrologer bit..is true..Nancy admitted as much..I admired ronald...he had a statesman like quality that was comparable to Teddy Roosevelt and FDR.

    LL

    GWB is no FDR or TEDDY Roosevelt..we lack a true statesman...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us