Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: for you conservatives

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sitting here reading some of your crap and I wonder if you were spoon fed apple pie while your writing this garbage..
    Praise to Bush for showing up in Iraq..Please! gimme a break..It's about time that moron showed up and thanked the 150,000 soldiers he put a red x on for absolutely no reason. You think that takes balls..spending two hours on a military base! How about spending two hours with an Iraqui family in bagdad and ask them about their so called great new lives..Real balls would have been going to Kabul and showing up at a place where war was justified.
    I'm so sick of these conservatives who argue that libearls should be thankful that we live in a country where we can voice our opinion..so you mean to tell me that in order for me to have freedoms I have to go to war..Total BS..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 11:07 AM
    [b] I'm sitting here reading some of your crap and I wonder if you were spoon fed apple pie while your writing this garbage..
    Praise to Bush for showing up in Iraq..Please! gimme a break..It's about time that moron showed up and thanked the 150,000 soldiers he put a red x on for absolutely no reason. You think that takes balls..spending two hours on a military base! How about spending two hours with an Iraqui family in bagdad and ask them about their so called great new lives..Real balls would have been going to Kabul and showing up at a place where war was justified.
    I'm so sick of these conservatives who argue that libearls should be thankful that we live in a country where we can voice our opinion..so you mean to tell me that in order for me to have freedoms I have to go to war..Total BS.. [/b][/quote]
    Who says [i]you [/i]have to go to war? Is there a rational thought underneath any of that emotion?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i came to talk about the jets and saw all this at the bottom!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 11:20 AM
    [b] i came to talk about the jets and saw all this at the bottom! [/b][/quote]
    I can understand your anger towards Bush. I don't agree, but I can understand it.

Ditto-heads on BOTH sides are annoying...and there are a lot of dumb conservatives as there are a lot of dumb liberals.

But, considering your apparent hatred of Bush, you really mean to tell me that you'd have applauded him if he visited Kabul and not Baghdad? I suspect you would have just said he was "afraid" to go to Baghdad or something. You don't like him, so you are pre-disposed to viewing what he does skeptically. Other do like him, and are pre-disposed the opposite way.

We all have our biases....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't like Bush, then vote for Al Shapton or one of the other mental midgets in 2004.

Bush is not perfect, but compared to his predecessor, he's Abraham Lincoln.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 12:07 PM
    [b] I'm sitting here reading some of your crap and I wonder if you were spoon fed apple pie while your writing this garbage..
    I'm so sick of these conservatives who argue that libearls should be thankful that we live in a country where we can voice our opinion..so you mean to tell me that in order for me to have freedoms I have to go to war..Total BS.. [/b][/quote]
    How about blowjob bill clinton taking responsibility and apologizing to America for sticking his head in the sand and though saying all the right things not doing a f^cking thing while he let enemies of America roam freely while they trained and planned to attack us??!!

Hell...I would've just have been appreciative had he gone after the bastards that attacked us while he was in office in 1993.....or 1998....... or 2000!!

Liberals...can never face the truth!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 02:11 PM
    [b] Liberals...can never face the truth! [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but it's so easy highlighting their hypocracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny how the GOPers blame "blowjob" bill when really Bush I is just as much to blame. Did he do anything about terrorism? What about Ronnie? oh wait i forgot he FINANCED the terrorists and taught them how to fight. Bin Ladin was a "freedom fighter" during his Presidency.

if you know the real story there's plenty of blame to be shared. All Bill was doing was continuing a foreign policy that was in place long before he got there and even after he left. It took 9-11 for EVERYONE to realize what was going on, and s**t lets not forget who's watch that occured on.

If Gore had been able to win in 2000 the GOP would have been RUTHLESS in criticism cause he "allowed 9-11 to happen" - but cause Bush was in power its not his fault it was the last guy's fault.

Yeah ok. How ironic that you say liberals never want to face the truth, sometimes it sounds like you two are making up your own truth, or at least getting it spoonfed to you from AM radio.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 04:23 PM
    [b] If Gore had been able to win in 2000 the GOP would have been RUTHLESS in criticism cause he "allowed 9-11 to happen" - but cause Bush was in power its not his fault it was the last guy's fault.

Yeah ok. How ironic that you say liberals never want to face the truth, sometimes it sounds like you two are making up your own truth, or at least getting it spoonfed to you from AM radio. [/b][/quote]
    If Al Gore was in the White House on September 11, 2001, the reactionary right wing in the House of Representatives would've impeached Gore, but only if they could've resisted the urge to lynch him in the town square first.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 03:23 PM
    [b] funny how the GOPers blame "blowjob" bill when really Bush I is just as much to blame. Did he do anything about terrorism? What about Ronnie? oh wait i forgot he FINANCED the terrorists and taught them how to fight. Bin Ladin was a "freedom fighter" during his Presidency.

if you know the real story there's plenty of blame to be shared. All Bill was doing was continuing a foreign policy that was in place long before he got there and even after he left. It took 9-11 for EVERYONE to realize what was going on, and s**t lets not forget who's watch that occured on.

If Gore had been able to win in 2000 the GOP would have been RUTHLESS in criticism cause he "allowed 9-11 to happen" - but cause Bush was in power its not his fault it was the last guy's fault.

Yeah ok. How ironic that you say liberals never want to face the truth, sometimes it sounds like you two are making up your own truth, or at least getting it spoonfed to you from AM radio. [/b][/quote]
    You are 100% correct about the failure to recognize the threat of terrorism being a bi-partisan problem prior to 9-11. However, to talk about 9-11 happening on Bush's 'watch' then assigns to him blame for something you spend the previous sentences absolving all other presidents of!

Additionally, the WTC was attacked by AQ in 1993, unsuccessfullly, although there were still deaths. It could have been much, much worse. It the least, it showed that AQ was determined to and capable of planning and executing an attack on a "soft" target, in a major US city. The same bells that went off in the US administration after 9-11 should have gone off after the first WTC attack. Clearly, that is true. I do think Clinton does deserve some blame for responding with lawyers and not guns after that, and this critique is made even worse by his subsequent refusal to accept OBL when offered him by the Sudanese in 1995.

But, in large part, you are right. Sine the 1993 did not result in massive loss of life, the US still erroneously felt invulnerable to domestic terror. The CIA and FBI are largely bi-partisan and they had conflicting views, although some of them did try to urge Clinton to respond more forcefully.

If Gore were President in 2000, the GOP would have critiqued the Clinton administration the same way they do now and would have urged Gore to not make the same mistakes of softness that Clinton made regarding terror. Gore was PART of that soft response!

But, your larger point is apt, although you become inconsistent by taking a pot-shot that 9-11 occurred on Bush's watch - as if blame cna't be assigned to anyone BUT Bush. That's circular.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 04:23 PM
    [b]funny how the GOPers blame "blowjob" bill when really Bush I is just as much to blame. Did he do anything about terrorism? What about Ronnie? oh wait i forgot he FINANCED the terrorists and taught them how to fight. Bin Ladin was a "freedom fighter" during his Presidency.

Yeah ok. How ironic that you say liberals never want to face the truth, sometimes it sounds like you two are making up your own truth, or at least getting it spoonfed to you from AM radio.[/b][/quote]
    [b]What about Ronnie? [/b] Reagan dropped bombs on Quaddaffi's house after the Pan Am incident and no one ever heard from him again.

[b]Bush I is just as much to blame. Did he do anything about terrorism? [/b]President Bush I went in and did what he was required in '91. Were he to finish off Hussein liberals like yourself would have gotten their panties in a bunch.

[b]All Bill was doing was continuing a foreign policy that was in place long before he got there and even after he left.[/b] No Republican president ever practiced the policies of appeasment the way clinton and even worse jimmy carter did when they were in office. To try and say otherwise is ridiculous.

[b]If Gore had been able to win in 2000 the GOP would have been RUTHLESS in criticism cause he "allowed 9-11 to happen" - but cause Bush was in power its not his fault it was the last guy's fault. [/b] President Bush was in office barely seven months before the events of 9-11 occurred.

[b]How ironic that you say liberals never want to face the truth, sometimes it sounds like you two are making up your own truth, or at least getting it spoonfed to you from AM radio.[/b] Please...I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh nor do I really care for Newt Gingrich or Trent Lott. I do find it rather hysterical that the Libs need to raise cash and sign comedians to start their own radio station....whatever happened to "making it on your own??"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever just to clarify im not blaming Bush II for 9-11. I just wanted to point out the facts of the matter, especially in relation to what would have happened if Gore was in charge at the time. Stating what actually happened. 9-11 happened while Bush was in charge. That's a fact, is it not? Were Gore in charge the fact that he was in charge wouldn't be so easily explained away.

thinking it through Gore bashers would have a point cause he was part if the last 8 years administration, generally with his head up his ass claiming he invented the internet while his wife tried to get 2 Live Crew banned and BS like that.

all im saying is that its not credible to blame only one side for 9-11.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 3 2003, 05:51 PM
    [b]

all im saying is that its not credible to blame only one side for 9-11. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed 100%.