Thread: Hey Bitonti

Hall Of Fame
    Sweet:

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104800,00.html]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104800,00.html[/url]

hmm maybe 4 more years won't be such a bad thing after all. :D

First rumors of Johnny Abe moving to LB

Now Bush is going to take control of the moon for energy exploration and military purposes

hell its a red letter day for know-it-all message board posters! :lol:

great link 5ever im totally psyched.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't care who does it and since the guy spends like a millionaire at the Bunny Ranch anyway, he may as well get serious about the moon and throw some of his largesse that way :lol: . I love the "permanent presence" line...we need to get up there, start mining, start colonizing and get the hell out and start exploring the solar system and galaxy! It's the new frontier. Enough of this low earth orbit crap and out-dated shuttle programs...make it happen!! It helps us economically and militarily and humankind has to start thinking about what happens next, cause this planet will dry up or become too crowded in a few short thousands or tens of thousands of years. I have a feeling that in 5 thousand years humans will all start to become very hungry.....

I am literally almost clinically depressed that I wasn't born 500 years from now, or even later, when the moon is a tourist attraction, a colony on Mars has been established (and terra-forming begun) and interstellar travel is more than a fictional pipe dream. What a time to be alive! I'd go in a second, I don't care about the risks!!

its all relative at least you were born into an age of indoor plumbing, Tivo and Hydroponics. it could have been alot worse.

besides i bet some people 500 years from now will be almost clinically depressed that they weren't born 500 years from then when humans will be involved in travelling at warp speeds and time travel through wormholes. Mars and the Moon seem exciting now but in 500 years could be bordering on Passe B)

5ever im so big picture that if Bush is serious about the Moon it could literally change my vote, its that big of an issue in my mind. Between the Chinese, Cold Fusion and Mining, its essential to the greater development of this country, and of the world in general. Obviously Id still oppose the war in Iraq... but only cause we could be using that money to develop new spacecraft. :D

Lets be honest too the Dems have no grand vision whatsoever. Tons of questions but no answers. The GOP foreign policy might be self-serving and diabolical but at least its coherant, at least it makes some sense, even if only on paper. The DEM foreign policy consists of band-aids, bribes and general ignorance. JFK's moon push was the only exception, but on Earth he had his bay of pigs (what the hell was that all about anyway?).

Hall Of Fame
    To his credit, Al Gore was way into the moon too.

I agree about the moon and you are right, it's all relative. I just want to wear a space suit, walk on the moon and see the crescent Earth wax and wane....just once, I imagine that it'd be beautiful....just once, that's all I ask! (Corny, but it's literally a dream of mine)

I was so hoping that that kid from NSYNC was going to be able to pull of his moon trip with the Russians. MTV was gonna televise it and yeah, the kid is a cheeseball...but if I was famous I'd try that too. I would have loved to have watched that show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Unsubstantiated reports suggest that Bush intends to attempt to soothe the gaping divide between political parties by offering Tom Daschle, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton seats on the first exploratory mission to the moon (on a craft NASA and the administration have tentatively named Titanic 2004).

Plans to include Michael Moore in a "Christa Macauliff/ average American in space" type role were scrapped when it was learned that the extra boost needed to lift his fat ass into space would increase launch costs by 3 quarters of a million dollars.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 4 2003, 07:05 PM
    [b] To his credit, Al Gore was way into the moon too.

[/b][/quote]
    I thought he invented it. :blink: