Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Gore to endorse Dean tomorrow

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    YAWN..............

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MARYLAND JET[/i]@Dec 8 2003, 09:31 PM
    [b]YAWN..............[/b][/quote]
    Al Gore proudly addressed a scumbag group called Moveon.org (which is what Gore should do...move the f^ck on!).

A friend of mine works in a coffee shop in which Moveon.org recently held a meeting Sunday night.

The topic of the meeting: [b]Uncovered: The Whole Truth about the Iraq War.[/b]

Well fine and dandy...but they handed out the following piece of propaganda that tries to explain their position...of course the author remained unnamed...now remember, this is a group Al Whore subscribes to.

Read the beginning lines of the seventh paragraph...in not som many words they say we got what we deserved on 9-11.

[b]Global Priority![/b]

America has for Decades and Decades manipulated the world into a world that we can control in one way or another. Wheather or not it should be this way is a whole other argument.

Could this country exist if we were not able to peddle our wares and products to other countries? And buy theirs?

Could this country live in this extremely small planet box, if we were not able to make sure other countries and their leadership did not do anything to effect or affect the global living conditions? I doubt it.

But to what level do we go? Is it correct for us to virtually make sure that there are limits placed on other countries just so ours can prosper and live “High on the Hog”?

Think for a second. American’s use 25% of the worlds petroleum production. And only represents 5% of the population. Can we truly state that we want EVERYONE to be a democracy as we are?, Home, Job Cars, 4 Wheelers, 2.5 Kids? Lets do the math, 5%/25%=5. 5 * 100% =500%, As the math simply shows, NO WAY is there enough petroleum produced for that to be a reality, especially since most experts agree we will be on the supplier’s side of the reserves curve very soon, meaning we are running OUT. So if every country we4re to be a mirror image of ours, it would only accelerate the demise by a factor of 5.

Preventing other from getting to our levels, since our planet is self-contained, is not necessarily a bad thing because the air and environmental pollution would be unbearable and un controllable. And of late, if you have been paying attention there has actually been talk of DRILLING ON THE MOON, albeit, loosely related to science this shows people are thinking about the end of petroleum. Aside from the fact that we will all suddenly have cars as Yard art, most factories will cease to operate… this whole scenario is amazing. The Oil companies will never ever honestly let us have a truly self renewing energy source, not as long as they are making TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS so the bottom line is we will probably have to run out before we get something else Or Production costs will have to be so high we have no choice. Leaving our government to make sure we run out last! Even if they have to manufacture a REASON for going to war.

The terrorism we are faced with today is a direct result of our leadership trampling over the people on foreign lands and placing their governments in positions where they have no choices, all in the name of their financial gain. Again remember, it could actually be a beneficial thing for America to see to it that there are still dictators in the world to repress their people so as to prevent them from becoming major consumers. Face it; there is only just so much food reserves jut so much trees, and just so much water. All this arguing about should we have or should we have not, gotten toe approval of the UN is really a waste of time, even though a few countries voiced opposition, if we had taken a vote we would have won. What Bush-ites wanted though was to do one of 2 things, either force them to be unanimously on our side and prove their allegiance, or to embarrass the UN by making appear weak and irrelevant to the Americans and Britons. So, taking anything to the UN is MOSTLY a ceremonial setup as we control the majority of the UN members through clauses contained within the contracts for Aid we have negotiated with those countries we SUPPORT. We preach to the world that we are a Nation of Laws, as example of Democracy and demand the same publicly from them. However according to the laws at the UN, treaties and other conventions, laws we signed and agreed to be bound to, American violated them. Even though Saddam was a bad man and did bad things to his people legally we should have not intervened without UN approval a UN that is not held hostage by our leaders. Say what you ant but several sources have proven that the war plan was outlined by the Project for a New American Century in the 1990’s long before anyone did anything to the towers and right about the time UNOCAL decided it could not do its pipeline till “the government of Afghanistan was stabilized”. Hopefully you have read everything you can get your hands on and don your research. If you had then you would know as it is widely reported, Clinton handed Bush a file telling him there as a ”High Probability” that there was going to attacks using jets. Several intelligence agencies from around the world also told Bush that we were in danger. He did nothing, not one damn thing. What is more troubling to me then anything is the fact that there are people out there with nuclear weapons that are pissed off, and I’m talking about North Korea, Pakistan and India. Anger makes people and governments do things that they might not otherwise do.

We can go on and on about it, the War”on Terrorism” will never end as defined, Rumsfeld said so with his own mouth telling the world to “Think of it like this, try to imagine the world never needing a policeman”. Americans that say they are against the war, and I am against tit as well, will be pounding their fists on the desks, demanding war if they were told that suddenly we cannot drive, or work or GOD forbid have to grown our own food or chop whatever wood is left for warmth. So long as we live this way we will be going to wars.

Try reading Normon Solomon, and Reese Erlich’s book Target Iraq: What the news media didn’t tell you . And read the Greatest Sedition is Silence by William Rivers Pitt, His is simply the best book written about the events of late looking at it from the big picture.

The only Real Way to rid us of wars is to make a NEW Energy source a GLOBAL priority and clean out the White House now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when does 5%/25% = 5? (By my math it equals 0.2.)

I understand and agree that alternative energy is a BFD. But what's with the scare tactics? Why do both sides have to use the 'catastrophe' angle to sell their ideologies? Why can't the climate of debate be less accusatory and smug?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 9 2003, 01:04 PM
    [b] Since when does 5%/25% = 5? (By my math it equals 0.2.)

I understand and agree that alternative energy is a BFD. But what's with the scare tactics? Why do both sides have to use the 'catastrophe' angle to sell their ideologies? Why can't the climate of debate be less accusatory and smug? [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you on many fronts...especially the alternative fuels issue.

What's funny is they want to blame Bush and say he's for "big oil corporations" yet blowjob bill clinton didn't do a damn thing about alternative fuel measures the eight years he was in office...of course we all have Al Gore to thank for this message board since he invented the internet!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the debate of climate change is smug because of the decades of "junk science" accusations from the conservatives finally proven emprically wrong. It is accusatory because these rebuttals in the name of junk science have caused real measurable damage to the atmosphere when steps could have been taken to combat global temperature change. it wasn't too long ago that people in this very forum were ridiculing people who talked about Global Warming. now, even favorite sites like junkscience.com have had to remove every mention of Global Warming being false (and there were a ton).

for the record Bill did institute several clean-air measures all of which have been gutted by the current admin. Also the EPA's budget was much higher under Clinton, and people actually were getting citations for dumping chemicals and other environmental disasters - under Bush anybody can do anything they damn well please, and corporations are getting all sorts of special treatment. yes i will agree that neither side has done enough to develop alternative energies - however Bush's record on the environment can't even compare with Clinton. Environmentally, Bush is a monster. :ph34r:

ps- what do Dean and Gore have in common? Both are stuffed shirts who lack the charisma to win the general election.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 9 2003, 03:08 PM
    [b] the debate of climate change is smug because of the decades of "junk science" accusations from the conservatives finally proven emprically wrong. It is accusatory because these rebuttals in the name of junk science have caused real measurable damage to the atmosphere when steps could have been taken to combat global temperature change. it wasn't too long ago that people in this very forum were ridiculing people who talked about Global Warming. now, even favorite sites like junkscience.com have had to remove every mention of Global Warming being false (and there were a ton).

for the record Bill did institute several clean-air measures all of which have been gutted by the current admin. Also the EPA's budget was much higher under Clinton, and people actually were getting citations for dumping chemicals and other environmental disasters - under Bush anybody can do anything they damn well please, and corporations are getting all sorts of special treatment. yes i will agree that neither side has done enough to develop alternative energies - however Bush's record on the environment can't even compare with Clinton. Environmentally, Bush is a monster. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    It has NOT been proven wrong. 'junk science' is not necessarily a helpful designation, but you know damn well global warming is far from a proven fact.

Sorry - at best the jury is still out on this one.

Post any link you want, I can post mine and around and around we can go. It matters little whether or not Bush's study 'agreed' with the climate change chorus - there are plenty of others that do not.

The Global Warming shrieks are part of the 'catastrophe' strategy employed by people trying to push environmental agendas. A former head of Greenpeace even admits that they inflate and in some cases invent scientific data to create a fear of catastophe in order to further their agendas.

Alternative energy makes sense a lot of even in non-environmental terms and should be pursued. I don't understand the need to invent catastrophes by the greenies.

There is just as much ridiculous and erroneous crap coming from the left on the environmental issues.

Why is the hole in the ozone layer getting smaller? Why did I have to shovel my driveway for 4 hours? ;)

People say, "Tempuratures ahaven't been this high for 10,000 years!" Well, sorry, our data doesn't go back nearly that far and people are extrapolating ridiculously, and even if true, what happened 10,000 years ago to make temps so high and could it be the same thing.