Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Your Favorite ethnic food

Hall Of Fame
    Chicken Fajitas, fried dumplings, veggie lo mein and Thai food (I don't even know what half the crap I eat is, but I like 99% of it)

Veteran
    get this thread back on main page,,ok i learned my lesson,,no more poop threads,,but this is a good one...

All Pro
    Great, now I'm starving.........

For those who love Thai, there is a FABULOUS place in Highland Park called Pad Thai. They are the #1 rated Thai restaurant in NJ. The food is excellent.

Portugese-2 places: Spanish Pavillion in Hillside NJ has outstanding food and the prices are great. I highly recommend the garlic soup to start you off there and then get either the Chilean Sea Bass or Monkfish. The Filet Mognon there is a 1 lb hunk of the most tender meat you will ever eat and it only costs $18.00 for the meal. If you are looking for Rodizio, I recommend the Iberian Peninsula in Newark. Both of these places put Spain and Don Pepe's in Newark to shame.

Japanese-My favorite was The Shiki in Union, NJ but it burned down. Arirang in Old Bridge is also very good but always crowded as hell.

Italian-Cafe Ripetti's in Kenilworth is very good but very expensive. They have a dish where they serve pasta and seafood in a bowl made out of panera bread which is outstanding. An equally good place right around the corner in Kenilworth is a dive called Umberto's. It is a small cramped Italian restaurant but their seafood is the freshest I've ever had.

Meditteranean-Cite (pronounced sit-ay no accents on my keyboard lol) is a great mediteranean restuarant in manhattan on 51's between 6th and 7th. For $63 a person you get a 3 course meal where you choose your appertizer, meal, and dessert from the menu, no limitations, along with all the wine you can drink. Their wine selection consists of some BV along with Clos Du Bois and they have everything from chardonnay to port. They have a house cabernet which leaves aolot to be desired so I would recommend sticking with Merlot if Cab is your preference. They were serving a 97 Clos Du Bois Merlot when I was there. And when I say all you can drink, I mean it. I went through about 20 botlles with me, my wife and 2 friends a couple weeks ago.

Indian-Akbar in Edison. I used to work in Edison which has a vewry high Indian population. If Indian people tell you Akbar is the best, it must be. I am not a huge Indian food fan but I didn't mind this place.

Hamburgers-After midnight when you are loaded the best burgers in the world are at the White Diamond (not to be confused with the sliders of WC) in Clark NJ. For a big juicy burger, I recommend Rockerfella's in Woodbridge NJ.

Hot Dogs-Clearly, by far the best and most unique hot dog I have ever had is in Buttsville NJ where route 31 and route 46 meet, there is a place called Hot Dog Johnnie's. The thing that makes these dogs so good is the put mustard, raw onions, and pickles on them. It is very odd and I have never seen them anywhere else but the are AWESOME. For a good normal dog or chili dog, you can't beet Galloping Hill in Union.

Hall Of Fame
    Ha ha - Boozer - my wife actually[i] still has[/i] her Hot Dog Johnnie's shirt that we got when I drove her to the Mercer Country airport one time a bunch of years back. That place rocks!

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 11 2003, 09:26 AM
    [b] Ha ha - Boozer - my wife actually[i] still has[/i] her Hot Dog Johnnie's shirt that we got when I drove her to the Mercer Country airport one time a bunch of years back. That place rocks! [/b][/quote]
    LOL it has gotten huge over the years. My grandparents used to stop there everytime on our way to the Poconos when I was a kid. I still have my little Hotdog Johnnie's T-Shirt from back then. Back then it was just a trailer. Now it is a huge restaurant but the hot dogs haven't changed a bit. Still the best.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Dec 11 2003, 03:05 PM
    [b] I still have my little Hotdog [/b][/quote]
    Sorry to hear that fella.............