Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully Mike camercon is better than that scrub from Seatlle

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Dec 14 2003, 12:56 AM
    Yeh, my bad, I'm just excited, I'll take Cameron over Lofton anyday.

He's such a great fielder and he's got some power to him also.

You just jealous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Dec 14 2003, 12:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsD-Mastermind @ Dec 14 2003, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green@Dec 14 2003, 12:56 AM
    Yeh, my bad, I&#39;m just excited, I&#39;ll take Cameron over Lofton anyday.

He&#39;s such a great fielder and he&#39;s got some power to him also.

You just jealous. [/b][/quote]
    yeah the guy had what a five HR game and ended the season with 10 HR&#39;s, he&#39;s special, lol

I was just busting on your thread title, he&#39;ll be an upgrade for sure

wickedtwisted
    I&#39;m a big Mets fan as well...

WHY HAVENT THE METS SIGNED A PITCHER? WE NEED A CLOSER AND A STARTER? What are they waiting for?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Benitez is still out there, don&#39;t worry.

The Mets are going to sign Urbina from the Marlins, and the starter will have to come from within.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate this move this guy cost us &#036;19M he isn&#39;t worth &#036;0.19 too me. We should be signing Vald and kept CF for Beltran of KC who might be traded now or in midseason. This guy strikes out way too much.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wickedtwisted@Dec 14 2003, 01:24 AM
    I&#39;m a big Mets fan as well...

WHY HAVENT THE METS SIGNED A PITCHER? WE NEED A CLOSER AND A STARTER? What are they waiting for?
    We need more than one starting pitcher........we need a whole new bullpen........ As much I like Al Leiter, he&#39;s lost it........I hate to say it but it&#39;s true.......especially since I know him since he was a little boy playing little league with my brother........we need starters, closers, in betweens.......we need everything.......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by star95@Dec 14 2003, 01:51 AM
    I hate this move this guy cost us &#036;19M he isn&#39;t worth &#036;0.19 too me. We should be signing Vald and kept CF for Beltran of KC who might be traded now or in midseason. This guy strikes out way too much.
    Cameron improves the speed and defense big time.

Also, i&#39;ve heard rumors that the METS are the mystery team in the race for Vlad.

The METS are going to Urbina which would be good, hopefully they get Benitez back, and hopefully they get the balls and go sign Maddux.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cameron&#39;s a good signing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cameron is a huge addition because Shea Stadium has is a pitchers stadium, but the Mets didn&#39;t have a good center fielder and that hurt their pitching because Glavine was used to Andruw Jones playing center, and Cedeno sucks SO much in centerfield. I don&#39;t really care about his offense...That wasn&#39;t why we signed him. He&#39;s a gold glove center fielder, and is going to hold it down with matsui and reyes for a shutdown D up the middle.

Batting order:
    1.Matsui SS
    2.Reyes 2nd
    3.C. Floyd LF
    4.Piazza 1st/C
    5.J.Phillips C/1st
    6.Ty Wiggy 3rd
    7.M.Cameron CF
    8.T. Perez/R.cedeno/R.Gonzalez RF
    9.Pitcher

Rotation:
    1. Glavine
    2. Leiter
    3. Trachsel
    4. Seo
    5. Bascik/Heilman or Free Agent?

Bullpen:
    Stanton
    Weathers
    Cerda
    Wheeler
    Strickland
    Ugeth Urbina (I&#39;m pretty sure they&#39;re going to aggresively pursue him)

This team is a lot better than last years team.
    I think they&#39;ll be above .500 this year, and if they&#39;re doing well by the All-Star break, Duquette said they&#39;ll pursue a trade that will propell them into the playoffs. Several teams did this last year....Cubs i believe, BosoX? and maybe Marlins?? ( i dont remember exactly)

I&#39;m excited the Mets will NOT suck for once, and i Think Reyes/Matsui will be an awesome combo on the field and as a 1-2 punch in the lineup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on, this guy is a great CF. Sign Vlad guerrero?? Come ON, if you&#39;re a true met fan, you know every Marquee player they ever go after in the Off season ends up a bust....Bobby Bonilla, Mo Vaughn, Roberto Alomar, etc., etc. I&#39;d rather see them go after a bunch of good guys than all stars who cost millions more.
    The trade for Beltran is a good idea tho, of course, only if we&#39;re a contender at the All-Star Break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about your beloved team captain and owner mascot John Franco? He&#39;ss till under contract and as long as he is the Wilpons&#39; boy he figures to hog a roster spot and wear that "C" on his chest like he&#39;s playing hockey. Can you guys explain that?

Kazmir is the real deal. If they trade him- a lefty with control who can throw 100 mph-they should disqaulify the ownership from owning the team.