Thread: Saddam Captured!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is fantastic news!

Hopefully, this will improve the situation in Iraq.

Now if only we could find Osama bin Laden, I want his head in a bowling bag!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE=4]YES! YES! YES![/SIZE][SIZE=1]

I understand Tom Daischle and Ted Kennedy have sent telegrams of condolance to sadaam ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ill give props where its due

this is great news and i can't believe they got him alive.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 14 2003, 08:47 AM
    [b] [B][SIZE=4]YES! YES! YES![/SIZE][SIZE=1]

I understand Tom Daischle and Ted Kennedy have sent telegrams of condolance to sadaam ;) [/b][/quote]
    LOL..................................

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to get your shots in at anyone who doubted the need for the war in the first place, eh? How about waiting for the dust to clear and be happy for our troops and the people of Iraq before using this as ammo in your endless anti-liberal hatred?

Myself, I'm glad they got the guy. I hope it weakens the resistance over there so our troops can come home safe; I have two friends about to be deployed as refresher troops there next month.

Long term, I'll be much happier when they find Osama Bin Laden, the guy who actually attacked America. And I don't think this capture will lead to us finding the mythical Iraqi WMDs like some are already postulating.

But I am thrilled we are closer to finishing what we started in Iraq and much closer to some 'closure' to the operation. With him and his sons gone, the Baathists have no boogeyman to rally around. And having him 'at large' with his endless stockpiles of money and lots of spare time was the scarier than him being in power in a crumbling regime. At least now we have the best case of the 3...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Dec 14 2003, 12:58 PM
    [b] Can't wait to get your shots in at anyone who doubted the need for the war in the first place, eh? [/b][/quote]
    "Can't wait?" JetSet, we've been hearing the "so where is Sadaam" taunts for 8 months.

"Crow: It's not just for breakfast anymore."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Dec 14 2003, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Dec 14 2003, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Set Junta[/i]@Dec 14 2003, 12:58 PM
    [b] Can&#39;t wait to get your shots in at anyone who doubted the need for the war in the first place, eh? [/b][/quote]
    "Can&#39;t wait?" JetSet, we&#39;ve been hearing the "so where is Sadaam" taunts for 8 months.
    [/b][/quote]
    Right, and 9 months after we started the war, and 5 months after Bush dressed up as a soldier proclaiming and end to major activities, the operation accomplished one of the things expected of it in the first place.

I&#39;m happy the guy and his sons are gone, but you&#39;re acting like Bush and the conservative war cheerleaders deserve extra props for something that was part of the original plan to begin with.

The only people who deserve props right now are the Army for scoring a huge milestone in the plan, and the Iraqi people for having less menace hanging over their heads. Anything else still goes back to the question of what threat was imposed by this regime to our own citizens, something that may or may not be further answered by interrogating Saddam. We&#39;ll see.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the first major WMD was found in Iraq today ... huh tailgators, huh Jet Set, huh bitonti?

Check out CNNs "fair and unbiased" coverage. They&#39;ve been showing the Rumsfeld meeting with Saddam from the 80&#39;s while they talk about the capture. I love watching them on days like this. SAAAAAWEEEEET&#33;

I believe crow tastes like -- HUMINAHUMINAHUMINAHUMINA&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Set Junta[/i]@Dec 14 2003, 11:58 AM
    [b] Can&#39;t wait to get your shots in at anyone who doubted the need for the war in the first place, eh? How about waiting for the dust to clear and be happy for our troops and the people of Iraq before using this as ammo in your endless anti-liberal hatred?

I&#39;ll be much happier when they find Osama Bin Laden, the guy who actually attacked America. And I don&#39;t think this capture will lead to us finding the mythical Iraqi WMDs like some are already postulating.

[/b][/quote]
    For a guy who talks about not wanting others to &#39;take shots&#39;, using the word "mythical" may be a [i]bit [/i]hypocritical...but whatever.... ;)

This is a positive development. Really, a best-case scenario. Killing him would have been awesome too, but the fact that they got him alive is huge...now the Iraqi people can bring him to justice.