Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aren't there any MET fans here?

Banned
    Whats up here, its all mostly Yankee talk here. I've never seen so many JET fans that are Yankee fans in my Life.

MET fans sound OFF!

hell yea BABY!!!! MAtsui-Reyes will be the best Combo ever!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Been a Mets fan since Casey Stengel wrote out the lineup cards, so I know about the ups and downs. What we have in 2004 is, at best, a .500 ballclub waiting for the studs in the Farm System, the same as when we waited in the '60's for Seaver-Koosman-Harrelson, and Ryan; or in the '80s, when Gooden, Strawberry, Dykstra, and Darling were all set to change things. There's no telling how Kazmir, Huber, Wright, and Ring will do or what impact they'll have on the present-day Mets, but I've seen enough parallels to feel encouraged for '05.

Matsui-Reyes and now Cameron in CF should give the Mets the best up the middle defense in years. Now if they could only dump Cedeno and get a decent bat in RF, I'd be 100% happy with the offseason.

mets fan here...

word is that cedeno is gonna get shuttled to Seattle for Cirillo and 5 million bucks...

LL

the team needs a closer and a rf and we would be in good shape!

All League
    Big Mets fan here
    WE still need a right fielder and a closer-win with pitching and defense is the philosohy. We have a couple of guys in the farm system like Royce Ring and Kazmeir, Huber, Victor Diaz to name a few that make the team hopefully in 2005.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Checkin in..........Big Met fan here..........

Where is 007? He's a Met fan too........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why the hell did we re-sign John Franco :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Resigning John Franco was a mistake-we should open up a roster spot for our younger prospect-that being said being he is a Brooklyn born now a Staten Islander local nice guy I can not get too upset-the Mets organization is showing some loyalty

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by faba@Dec 17 2003, 08:12 PM
    Resigning John Franco was a mistake-we should open up a roster spot for our younger prospect-that being said being he is a Brooklyn born now a Staten Islander local nice guy I can not get too upset-the Mets organization is showing some loyalty
    I know John when he was young......my cousin played ball with him but come on now, enough is enough..........

Originally posted by jetgirl@Dec 17 2003, 04:05 PM

Where is 007? He's a Met fan too........
    If you meant me, you're big time wrong. I've been a Bronx Bomber fan since 1966. The good ol' days of Horace Clarke, with Lou Clinton and Roger Repoz in the OF, and Rubern Amaro at SS. Don't forget the immortal Charlie Smith at 3rd.

Anyway, if Wilson is the starting catcher in 2004, the Mets have their strongest up-the-middle defense in decades. That's a solid start to returning to promince. But there are still holes at the back end of the rotation, in the pen, and there's a gaping need in RF.

I agree with the previous poster who said that he sees a .500 team in 2004. That's probably the best the Mets can expect.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Dec 17 2003, 12:31 PM

the team needs a closer and a rf and we would be in good shape!
    hhahahhahahaahaahaha

Are you kidding me?

Who the hell will be starting? Leiter...Glavine....

Oh my god....I'd fuc*ing PUKE!! At least George tries to win!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by mbn007+Dec 18 2003, 09:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Dec 18 2003, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl@Dec 17 2003, 04:05 PM

Where is 007? He&#39;s a Met fan too........
    If you meant me, you&#39;re big time wrong. I&#39;ve been a Bronx Bomber fan since 1966. The good ol&#39; days of Horace Clarke, with Lou Clinton and Roger Repoz in the OF, and Rubern Amaro at SS. Don&#39;t forget the immortal Charlie Smith at 3rd.

Anyway, if Wilson is the starting catcher in 2004, the Mets have their strongest up-the-middle defense in decades. That&#39;s a solid start to returning to promince. But there are still holes at the back end of the rotation, in the pen, and there&#39;s a gaping need in RF.

I agree with the previous poster who said that he sees a .500 team in 2004. That&#39;s probably the best the Mets can expect. [/b][/quote]
    No......not you.........you are not my 007...........

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well they&#39;ve definitely made some improvements, and I&#39;m actually glad they didn&#39;t go after a superstar. Maybe if they add a pitcher...could be a candidate for that sundays package.

Originally posted by jetgirl+Dec 18 2003, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgirl @ Dec 18 2003, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -mbn007@Dec 18 2003, 09:01 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl
    @Dec 17 2003, 04:05 PM

If you meant me, you&#39;re big time wrong. I&#39;ve been a Bronx Bomber fan since 1966. The good ol&#39; days of Horace Clarke, with Lou Clinton and Roger Repoz in the OF, and Rubern Amaro at SS. Don&#39;t forget the immortal Charlie Smith at 3rd.

Anyway, if Wilson is the starting catcher in 2004, the Mets have their strongest up-the-middle defense in decades. That&#39;s a solid start to returning to promince. But there are still holes at the back end of the rotation, in the pen, and there&#39;s a gaping need in RF.

I agree with the previous poster who said that he sees a .500 team in 2004. That&#39;s probably the best the Mets can expect.
    No......not you.........you are not my 007........... [/b][/quote]
    Someone else has my handle??? :ph34r:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by mbn007+Dec 18 2003, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Dec 18 2003, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -jetgirl@Dec 18 2003, 04:39 PM
    Originally posted by -mbn007@Dec 18 2003, 09:01 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl
    @Dec 17 2003, 04:05 PM

I agree with the previous poster who said that he sees a .500 team in 2004. That&#39;s probably the best the Mets can expect.

No......not you.........you are not my 007...........
    Someone else has my handle??? :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    Double0, I call him 007.......

Was more of a Mets fans as a kid, begining in the early 1980&#39;s...

Practice Squad
    Met fan here. Just checkin in.

Hall Of Fame
    Not a Mets fan, but more importantly I&#39;m not a yankee fan.

GO RED SOX&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    BIG METS FAN CHECKING IN