Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminder, Iraq is still a quagmire.

Banned
    If you doubt it just ask the families of the soldiers who have been needlessly sacrificed. These brave soldiers died because Bush lied about Iraqi WMD's.

U.S. Soldier and 2 Iraqi Children Killed in Blast
    By REUTERS

Published: December 28, 2003

Filed at 7:07 a.m. ET

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A powerful roadside bomb blast in a central Baghdad shopping street killed a U.S. soldier and two Iraqi children on Sunday, a day after attacks in the holy city of Kerbala killed six foreign troops and 12 Iraqis.

Sunday's blast wounded at least 14 people including five U.S. soldiers, eight members of the Iraqi Civil Defense Corps and an Iraqi translator working with troops, the U.S. Army said.

``A soldier from the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment and two Iraqi children standing nearby were killed when the IED (improvised explosive device) detonated as a convoy was passing,'' said Captain Jason Beck, a spokesman for the 1st Armored Division.

``At this stage we don't know how serious the injuries are.''

Beck said the explosion occurred at around 10:15 a.m. (2:15 a.m. EST) when the streets of Baghdad's Karada district, a bustling area of shops and stalls, would have been crammed with people.

The attack raised to 211 the number of U.S. soldiers killed in action since Washington declared major combat over on May 1. Attacks appear to be continuing at a consistent pace despite the capture of former dictator Saddam Hussein on December 13.

As part of efforts to wipe out the insurgency, U.S. forces launched overnight raids on suspected Saddam loyalists.

The raids came after guerrillas killed six foreign troops and 12 Iraqis in the holy city of Kerbala on Saturday, the biggest attack in Iraq since the former president's arrest.

The Kerbala attacks also wounded 37 soldiers, including five Americans, and dealt another blow to nations that have answered the U.S. call to send troops to help stabilize Iraq.

However, Thailand said on Sunday it had no plans to withdraw medical and engineering troops from Iraq despite the deaths of two of its soldiers in the Kerbala attacks, which also killed four Bulgarian soldiers.

The attack involved suicide bombers, mortars and machineguns in a coordinated assault on two bases of the U.S.-led coalition and government offices housing local police, the head of a Polish-led force in southern Iraq said.

``This was a planned, coordinated and massed attack,'' the Polish PAP news agency quoted General Andrzej Tyszkiewicz as saying. ``In all cases, the suicide drivers were shot dead before they could strike their targets.''

JAPANESE OFFICIALS ARRIVE

Continuing an offensive aimed at stifling widespread guerrilla assaults, U.S. troops seized 10 people in overnight raids in Baquba, site of recent attacks against them.

A U.S. officer said the detainees had joined pro-Saddam rallies in the city, 38 miles north of Baghdad.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. 4th Infantry Division said raids north of the capital had netted about 300 rockets, similar to weapons guerrillas used to pound Baghdad hotels and embassies in attacks that sowed fear across the city on Christmas Day.

Washington -- facing pressure at home over Iraq combat deaths -- is urging allies to contribute forces to help counter the insurgency before a planned handover of sovereignty to Iraqis in the summer.

About 15 Japanese military officials arrived in Kuwait on Saturday to prepare for sending troops to Iraq. They are due to meet members of the U.S.-led coalition over the arrival of more than 150 personnel and transport planes in January.

U.S. troops also clashed with suspected guerrillas in the increasingly volatile north. U.S. soldiers said they killed four Iraqis in Mosul after coming under rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

A prominent Mosul lawyer working with coalition officials was shot dead outside his home on Friday, police said, a day after a tribal leader and member of a U.S.-appointed local council was assassinated in the city.

The U.S.-led occupation authority announced it would pay rewards of $1 million for information leading to 12 fugitives who remain on the run from a list of the 55 most-wanted Iraqis, and $10 million for Saddam's deputy Izzet Ibrahim, the highest-ranking fugitive.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Thanks Hitlery clinton....here's a novel question; Which/what war has never been a disaster?

[i]If you doubt it just ask the families of the soldiers who have been needlessly sacrificed. These brave soldiers died because Bush lied about Iraqi WMD's.[/i]

That's very Clintontonian of you...let's just sit back and wait. Here's a question; didya ever think John Kerry striking down intelligence bill after intelligence bill in the late 90's has something to do with the problems we face today??

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 11:35 AM
    [b] here's a novel question; Which/what war has never been a disaster?

[/b][/quote]
    Other wars such as World War I and World War II were forced upon the United States. The difference with this war is that it was a war of choice. Since the 1990 Gulf War, Iraq was never ever a serious threat to the national security of the United States. This whole unneccesary war was built opon the lie of WMD's and that somehow Saddam Hussein was responsible for the deaths we suffered on September 11, 2001.

Bush is personally responsible for the death of each soldier killed there.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 28 2003, 11:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 28 2003, 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 11:35 AM
    [b] here&#39;s a novel question; Which/what war has never been a disaster?

[/b][/quote]
    Other wars such as World War I and World War II were forced upon the United States. The difference with this war is that it was a war of choice. Since the 1990 Gulf War, Iraq was never ever a serious threat to the national security of the United States. This whole unneccesary war was built opon the lie of WMD&#39;s and that somehow Saddam Hussein was responsible for the deaths we suffered on September 11, 2001.

Bush is personally responsible for the death of each soldier killed there. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s the difference between you and the utter reality of the situation; you&#39;d rather wait to be attacked yet again by Muslim terrorists before reacting. Yet the hypocrisy of the situation is people like you would be the first to point a condemning finger at President Bush were America to be hit again and scream "why was nothing done about this."

You then compound your foolish argument by stating the President lied about WMD. The fact that even the inept UN stated he possessed them or that he (your hero sadaam) was burying fighter jets in the sand that took months to find means nothing.

Every argument the RATS have tried to throw in the Presidents face has come around to bite them in the ass; the economy, where&#39;s Sadaam, etc....the WMD argument will also bite them in the ass but twice as hard&#33;

BTW: enjoy the holidays as you and the rest of the Rats will be miserable this time next year after the President wins reelection in a landslide&#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 12:13 PM
    [b] That&#39;s the difference between you and the utter reality of the situation; you&#39;d rather wait to be attacked yet again by Muslim terrorists before reacting. Yet the hypocrisy of the situation is people like you would be the first to point a condemning finger at President Bush were America to be hit again and scream "why was nothing done about this."

You then compound your foolish argument by stating the President lied about WMD. The fact that even the inept UN stated he possessed them or that he (your hero sadaam) was burying fighter jets in the sand that took months to find means nothing.

Every argument the RATS have tried to throw in the Presidents face has come around to bite them in the ass; the economy, where&#39;s Sadaam, etc....the WMD argument will also bite them in the ass but twice as hard&#33;

BTW: enjoy the holidays as you and the rest of the Rats will be miserable this time next year after the President wins reelection in a landslide&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Your hero Adolph Hilter believed that the bigger the lie the more people will believe it, and that&#39;s just what your doing.

America was attacked by Osama bin Laden and el Quada not Iraq. But since most Americans are ignorant and a lot of them like you are racist he figured he could sell a war against Iraq just the same, and he did.

Only an idiot like Saddam would bury a fighter jet in the sand (BTW a fighter jet was not considered a WMD) and only a bigger idiot like you would feel threatened by a buried fighter jet.

BTW the economy still sucks, there were no WMD&#39;s in Iraq and our soldiers in Iraq are still getting killed needlessly.

Lastly, for someone who never wore the uniform of our country you&#39;re very hawkish, much like a chicken hawk.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[i]Your hero Adolph Hilter believed that the bigger the lie the more people will believe it, and that&#39;s just what your doing.[/i]

Yes and just like Hitler, your kind would rather appease and negotiate with the tyrants and terrorists of today rather then hold their feet to the fire and make them accountable.

[i]America was attacked by Osama bin Laden and el Quada not Iraq. But since most Americans are ignorant and a lot of them like you are racist he figured he could sell a war against Iraq just the same, and he did.[/i]

America was attacked by terrorists which come in all forms from all nations. Thankfully most American don&#39;t have their heads up their ass like you do and realize why we had to attack Iraq, rather then sit back and wait for more terrorists to hit us....which is what you&#39;d prefer.

[i]Only an idiot like Saddam would bury a fighter jet in the sand (BTW a fighter jet was not considered a WMD) and only a bigger idiot like you would feel threatened by a buried fighter jet. BTW the economy still sucks, there were no WMD&#39;s in Iraq and our soldiers in Iraq are still getting killed needlessly.[/i]

The more you argue the more ridiculous you sound and the more senile your arguement becomes.

[i]Lastly, for someone who never wore the uniform of our country you&#39;re very hawkish, much like a chicken hawk. [/i]

You don&#39;t know me from a hole in a wall except for my posts yet you&#39;ve called me a racist and know that I&#39;ve never wore/worn the uniform from any branch of America&#39;s Armed Forces....like I said, the more you argue the more ridiculous you sound and the more pointless are your posts.

Funny: you&#39;ve yet to address my point of Lurch voting down intelligence bill after intelligence bill.

[b]1995: John Kerry- Proposed Bill Cutting &#036;1.5 Billion From Intelligence Budget. Kerry introduced a bill that would “reduce the Intelligence budget by &#036;300 million in each of fiscal years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000.” There were no cosponsors of Kerry’s bill, which never made it to the floor for a vote. (S. 1290, Introduced 9/29/95)[/b]

[b]1995: John Kerry- Voted To Slash FBI Funding By &#036;80 Million. (H.R. 2076, CQ Vote #480: Adopted 49-41: R 9-40; D 40-1, 9/29/95, Kerry Voted Yea)[/b]

[b]1994: John Kerry- Proposed Bill To Gut &#036;1 Billion From Intelligence And Freeze Spending For Two Major Intelligence Programs. Kerry proposed a bill cutting &#036;1 billion from the budgets of the National Foreign Intelligence Program and from Tactical Intelligence, and freezing their budgets. The bill did not make it to a vote, but the language was later submitted (and defeated – see below) as S. Amdt. 1452 to H.R. 3759. (S. 1826, Introduced 2/3/94)[/b]

And you want this clown running the country??&#33;&#33; :lol:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 04:14 PM
    [b] You don&#39;t know me from a hole in a wall except for my posts. [/b][/quote]

Thank God I don&#39;t know you.

Who needs to know an ignorant Nazi racist.

I know you were never in the service though.

BTW, why are you posting political items during a JETS game&#33;

You&#39;re not even a fan.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 04:14 PM
    [b] Funny: you&#39;ve yet to address my point of Lurch voting down intelligence bill after intelligence bill.
    [/b][/quote]
    Because your point is pointless that&#39;s why. Nice name calling though.

Why do you hate Jews and African Americans anyway?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 28 2003, 05:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 28 2003, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 04:14 PM
    [b] Funny: you&#39;ve yet to address my point of Lurch voting down intelligence bill after intelligence bill.
    [/b][/quote]
    Because your point is pointless that&#39;s why. Nice name calling though.

Why do you hate Jews and African Americans anyway?[/b][/quote]

Thanks for showing your total and complete lack of intelligence. You&#39;d rather debate based on complete and total speculation, opinion and conjecture rather that use relevant facts....oh hey wait, I forgot....you are a democ[b]RAT[/b] and that&#39;s their entire strategy&#33;&#33;

Unlike you who deletes posts under the guise of personal attacks, (remember when I took you to task after you came down on the guy who reminded everyone that the Steelers/Jets game was Toys for Tots, then berated the Jets for asking their fans to help needy children and saying it was an annoyance that infringed on your relaxtion time) I&#39;ll let your posts stand. Unlike the leader of your party, howard dean, I believe in free speech. ;)

BTW: I&#39;m a gay-jewish-black guy.....

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 05:39 PM
    [b]
    Unlike you who deletes posts under the guise of personal attacks [/b][/quote]
    You ignorant Nazi fool&#33;&#33;

I can&#39;t have any posts removed. Blame the mods, but not me for that.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 05:39 PM
    [b] BTW: I&#39;m a gay-jewish-black guy. [/b][/quote]
    Congratulations.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 28 2003, 05:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 28 2003, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 05:39 PM
    [b]
    Unlike you who deletes posts under the guise of personal attacks [/b][/quote]
    You ignorant Nazi fool&#33;&#33;

I can&#39;t have any posts removed. Blame the mods, but not me for that. [/b][/quote]
    whatever the deal is...you refer to me as a Nazi yet you practice their principals by having free speech removed. One more solid example of your hypocrisy&#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 05:53 PM
    [b] whatever the deal is...you refer to me as a Nazi yet you practice their principals by having free speech removed. [/b][/quote]
    I never had anything removed.

You&#39;re boring so see ya&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 28 2003, 05:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 28 2003, 05:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 05:53 PM
    [b] whatever the deal is...you refer to me as a Nazi yet you practice their principals by having free speech removed. [/b][/quote]
    I never had anything removed.

You&#39;re boring so see ya&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    the truth husts don&#39;t it *****&#33;

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Dec 28 2003, 11:46 AM
    [b] Bush is personally responsible for the death of each soldier killed there. [/b][/quote]
    Bill Clinton is for not dealing with Saddam AND bin Laden when HE had the chance.

Like I said before, the liberalization of our justice system has render IT a quagmire. Killers, rapists and felons given short sentences and released early, only to repeat -- killing more cops and innocent civilians on a daily basis than soldiers in Iraq.

The only quagmire Iraq poses is for the democritic party and it&#39;s zombie-like voting base.

Enjoy President Bush -- you&#39;ll be seeing him for 5 more years&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

TAIGATOR had clinton done something the first time the WTC was bombed or the US COLES or anyone of the US embassys bombed during his presidency then you democrats could have handeled it the way you wanted to, but your choice was ignore it and it will go away ,not to mention you chose to give SADDAMa 2 month notice by giving GWBa 2 month deadline before he could go in plenty of time to move theWMDto SYRIA or one of those other unfriendly countries ......

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Jan 2 2004, 06:02 AM
    [b] TAIGATOR had clinton done something the first time the WTC was bombed or the US COLES or anyone of the US embassys bombed during his presidency then you democrats could have handeled it the way you wanted to, but your choice was ignore it and it will go away ,not to mention you chose to give SADDAMa 2 month notice by giving GWBa 2 month deadline before he could go in plenty of time to move theWMDto SYRIA or one of those other unfriendly countries ...... [/b][/quote]
    I see your still drunk from New Year&#39;s Eve.

BTW the people who bombed the WTC in 1993 were all apprehended and today they&#39;re in Federal Prison. Also, before the United States invaded Iraq back in March that country was a nation under house arrest for twelve years. Nothing moved in and out of that country without us knowing about it.

Perhap&#39;s joisey is you read a newspaper or watched the news every once in awhile you&#39;d be a lot less ignorant.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 2 2004, 08:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 2 2004, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@Jan 2 2004, 06:02 AM
    [b] TAIGATOR had clinton done something the first time the WTC was bombed or the US COLES or anyone of the US embassys bombed during his presidency then you democrats could have handeled it the way you wanted to, but your choice was ignore it and it will go away ,not to mention you chose to give SADDAMa 2 month notice by giving GWBa 2 month deadline before he could go in plenty of time to move theWMDto SYRIA or one of those other unfriendly countries ...... [/b][/quote]
    I see your still drunk from New Year&#39;s Eve.

BTW the people who bombed the WTC in 1993 were all apprehended and today they&#39;re in Federal Prison. Also, before the United States invaded Iraq back in March that country was a nation under house arrest for twelve years. Nothing moved in and out of that country without us knowing about it.

Perhap&#39;s joisey is you read a newspaper or watched the news every once in awhile you&#39;d be a lot less ignorant. [/b][/quote]
    Hey - Tail, you&#39;re right. And you know what else? All of the people who hijacked planes and crashed them into the WTC and Pentagon on 9-11-01 are dead, so, really, there is no reason for us to go after OBL or other AQ members.

Awesome logic&#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 2 2004, 09:51 AM
    [b] Hey - Tail, you&#39;re right. And you know what else? All of the people who hijacked planes and crashed them into the WTC and Pentagon on 9-11-01 are dead, so, really, there is no reason for us to go after OBL or other AQ members.

[/b][/quote]
    Are we still going after Osama bin Laden and Al Queda?

I heard that Bush called off that hunt because they found it too difficult, murky, and hard to comprehend.

Isn&#39;t that the real reason why they pulled the bait and switch and went after what they perceived to be the easier target in Bagdad, Iraq?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 2 2004, 09:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 2 2004, 09:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 2 2004, 09:51 AM
    [b] Hey - Tail, you&#39;re right. And you know what else? All of the people who hijacked planes and crashed them into the WTC and Pentagon on 9-11-01 are dead, so, really, there is no reason for us to go after OBL or other AQ members.

[/b][/quote]
    Are we still going after Osama bin Laden and Al Queda?

I heard that Bush called off that hunt because they found it too difficult, murky, and hard to comprehend.

Isn&#39;t that the real reason why they pulled the bait and switch and went after what they perceived to be the easier target in Bagdad, Iraq? [/b][/quote]
    Tail - are you able to walk and chew gum at the same time?