Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep killer locked up

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This murderer is a terrorist too, help keep him locked up.

[url]www.stopsundiata.com[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I've e-mailed that to damn near everyone I can. A "Life" sentence doesn't mean life in NJ-disgraceful. Joanne Chesimard is still living the high life on Castro in Cuba.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bugg, I wish this page got as much traffic as the football one..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 11:20 AM
    [b] Thanks Bugg, I wish this page got as much traffic as the football one.. [/b][/quote]
    How about providing some details then?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 30 2003, 11:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 30 2003, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stewdawg[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 11:20 AM
    [b] Thanks Bugg, I wish this page got as much traffic as the football one.. [/b][/quote]
    How about providing some details then? [/b][/quote]
    How about you just check out the web-site rather then have others do the work for you? <_<

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Dec 30 2003, 01:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Dec 30 2003, 01:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Dec 30 2003, 11:37 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Stewdawg[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 11:20 AM
    How about providing some details then? [/b][/quote]
    How about you just check out the web-site rather then have others do the work for you? [/b][/quote]
    Its stewdawgs thread so he has the obligation to at least give us some background before he asks us to look at a web site.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.mumia.org/sundiata/messages/51.html]http://www.mumia.org/sundiata/messages/51.html[/url]

Equal time&#33;

People ought to make up their own minds and not feel bullied into one opinion or another.

Frankly, none of us here in this forum have access to the unbiased case file thus we aren&#39;t qualified to determine whether this person should be paroled or not.

Leave the decicion to the New Jersey Parole Board. I&#39;m confident that they&#39;ll make the proper decision.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you kill a cop, you spend your life in jail, period. Which is what Mr. Squire was sentenced to after a jury determined he was guilty. Same with "Mumia" ((his given name, ya think?) or what ever that animal calls himself. This isn&#39;t a moral relativisim exercise-HE&#39;S A CONVICTED MURDERER.

"Mumia", like Squire, murdered a cop. Mumia murdered Daniel Faulkner, a Philly cop who left a young wife and family bereft and ripped apart who&#39;ve had to put up with this jackass and his loony left supporters pretending Mumia was some great "activist" rather than a commom street criminal. We don&#39;t hear about them nearly enough.

Screw you and your leftist gasbag loser criminal-loving sh&#33;thead buddies. People like you make me sick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 05:16 PM
    [b] If you kill a cop, you spend your life in jail, period. Which is what Mr. Squire was sentenced to after a jury determined he was guilty. Same with "Mumia" ((his given name, ya think?) or what ever that animal calls himself. This isn&#39;t a moral relativisim exercise-HE&#39;S A CONVICTED MURDERER.

"Mumia", like Squire, murdered a cop. Mumia murdered Daniel Faulkner, a Philly cop who left a young wife and family bereft and ripped apart who&#39;ve had to put up with this jackass and his loony left supporters pretending Mumia was some great "activist" rather than a commom street criminal. We don&#39;t hear about them nearly enough.

Screw you and your leftist gasbag loser criminal-loving sh&#33;thead buddies. People like you make me sick. [/b][/quote]
    Just let the New Jersey State Parole Board make the judgement. Their the ones qualified to do so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    American justice system = liberalized quagmire.

Conservative judges are just what the doctor ordered.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of a sudden Tail doesn&#39;t have an opinion.

Tail - if you murder anyone, but especially a cop, do you deserve parole? What other "facts" are pertinent??

I swear, liberals are such waffling, soft, emotional biatches. It&#39;s disgusting...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 05:34 PM
    [b] All of a sudden Tail doesn&#39;t have an opinion.

Tail - if you murder anyone, but especially a cop, do you deserve parole? What other "facts" are pertinent??

I swear, liberals are such waffling, soft, emotional biatches. It&#39;s disgusting... [/b][/quote]
    He wants a complete pullout of Iraq because a few soldiers a day die, but when it comes to the soldiers on the frontline of the war on crime, it&#39;s a totally different story.

The Bush administration isn&#39;t qualified to determine who poses a national threat to American society, but a handful of unelected liberals can decide who serves their full prison term.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 30 2003, 05:34 PM
    [b] All of a sudden Tail doesn&#39;t have an opinion.

[/b][/quote]
    5-ever...Here&#39;s my opinion. I don&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass&#33; Dude, you&#39;re the one who&#39;s being emotional here&#33; Frankly, I don&#39;t really care one way or the other.

weeb, how in the hell do you know if the sitting members of the New Jersey State Parole Board are liberal or not? That comment was stupid even for you&#33;

You guys are fretting over nothing, you probably have a greater shot at winning tonight&#39;s Mega Lottery than that dirtbag ever has of being paroled.

Lastly 5-ever, conseratives like you are cranky, whiney, emotional Nazi punks. But would you please keep posting some more those informative Town Hall articles. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tail -

You have no opinion about murderers going free? I continue to be amazed at the depths of liberal conviction....

I am a whiney Nazi huh, how does that work?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 31 2003, 09:51 AM
    [b] Tail -

You have no opinion about murderers going free? I continue to be amazed at the depths of liberal conviction....

[/b][/quote]
    It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative convictions. It has to do with the application of the law.

Perhaps you guys have never heard of the US Constitution, but the 14th Amendment guarantees all Americans the right of due process. As I see it, the individual in question is merely exercising that right.

After a hearing, the New Jersey State Parole Board will render a decision. Since they are the ones who have full access to the casefile they are the people charged with making the determination whether or not the prisoner will be granted parole. My hunch is that parole will probably be denied, but its not up to me.

I trust the Parole Board will make the proper decision. Either way it&#39;ll have no effect on my life. So I really don&#39;t care&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Dec 31 2003, 09:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Dec 31 2003, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Dec 31 2003, 09:51 AM
    [b] Tail -

[/b][/quote]
    It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative convictions. It has to do with the application of the law.

Perhaps you guys have never heard of the US Constitution, but the 14th Amendment guarantees all Americans the right of due process. As I see it, the individual in question is merely exercising that right.

After a hearing, the New Jersey State Parole Board will render a decision. Since they are the ones who have full access to the casefile they are the people charged with making the determination whether or not the prisoner will be granted parole. My hunch is that parole will probably be denied, but its not up to me.

I trust the Parole Board will make the proper decision. Either way it&#39;ll have no effect on my life. So I really don&#39;t care&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s actually a decent post, aside from the implication that you don&#39;t care about something unless it affects your life...but you were probably just being glib, so it can slide.... ;)

I agree about due process, obviously. Let me put the question in the abstract or hypothetical, then:

Do you think people who are convicted of first degree murder should even be [i]eligible[/i] for parole? Personally, I think that parole is not necessarily part of due process (or, that due process can still occur even if a convicted perp is not eligble for parole), and certainly not with regard to first degree murder.

Thoughts?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Dec 31 2003, 10:29 AM
    [b] Do you think people who are convicted of first degree murder should even be eligible for parole? [/b][/quote]
    No I don&#39;t. Today most people convicted of 1st or 2nd degree murder are properly in my view sentenced to Life in prision without the possibility of parole. I agree with this. Although, I have a friend who&#39;s a CO and he strongly supports the possibility of parole for all prisioners because it gives them a hammer thay can hold over the heads of the prisioners they guard.

However, sentencing guidlines have changed since the early 1970&#39;s. At that time even people who were given life sentences could someday be eligable for parole. So if the possibility of parole is included in a sentence you can&#39;t retroactively amend a prisoners sentence to remove it. Thus this particular prisoner has the right under the 14th Amendment to periodically apply for parole.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That&#39;s a good point. My issue, though, is really not whether or not this particular guy should have the right to a parole hearing, but rather that he should not be granted parole.

If he is granted parole, I would be very upset, even though it doesn&#39;t affect my life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent checked this board lately, didnt know it got so heated.

Yes, the sentence for Squire (AKA-Sundiata) left open the possibility of parole. The reason for my post (which I thought gave enough details in the heading) was to get some support for his continued incarceration, because people tend to lose their emotion toward a cause once he is out of sight.

Sundiata backers have their emotion, they are trying to get something done. They embarked a on huge letter writing campaign, trying to sway the parole board into thinking thats what the majority want.

I don&#39;t think thats true, and wanted to do my part to balance the scales.

As far as using the possibility of parole to hold over a con&#39;s head, I asked a relative in NJ state corrections and a friend in Federal corrections about that. Neither one put any stock in that, there are many other ways to keep a man down in prison...

If this guy gets parole, I view it as a victory for the bad guys, another murderer out on the streets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add another bad guy to the list

Some of you may remember the cowardly murder of Officers Waverly and Jones of the NYPD. They made a movie about them. They were shot in the back as they walked back to their car after answering a call. They were then shot again, repeatedly, with their own guns as they lay sprawled on the sidewalk.

3 "men" were convicted of the murders, one died in prison, one is due for parole in 2004 and his hearing is in 2/04. The other failed in his parole bid in 2002.

If you&#39;d like to write a letter on behalf of keeping him incarcerated, or just refresh your memory, go to [url]www.odmp.org[/url] (officer down memorial page) and click on the icon just below the home page banner. I know the families of the slain Officers would appreciate it.