Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush "protected" from Free Speech

Hall Of Fame
    Check-mate. Nice work Come Back.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 09:38 AM
    [b] Check-mate. Nice work Come Back. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry, no checkmate at all. He says himself that he was able to protest right in front of the store's window not a 1/2 mile away, something that a Bush protester would never be allowed to do.

BTW...Why are you protesting books? What's next burning them?

Hey Comeback it must really torque you off that in a recent CNN/Gallop poll Hillary Clinton was voted "The Most Admired Woman in America". Before you rip the poll as some liberal driven propaganda you also should know that your guy Bush was voted "Most Admired Man in America".

What makes the above mentioned poll remarkable is that traditionally these titles belong to the sitting President and First Lady. It's incredible how popular Hillary Clinton is even after three years removed from the White House. She's a fantastic lady.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 6 2004, 08:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 6 2004, 08:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 09:38 AM
    Sorry, no checkmate at all. He says himself that he was able to protest right in front of the store&#39;s window. BTW...Why are you protesting books? What&#39;s next burning them?

Hey Comeback it must really torque you off that in a recent CNN/Gallop poll Hillary Clinton was voted "The Most Admired Woman in America". Before you rip the poll as some liberal driven propaganda you also should know that your guy Bush was voted "Most Admired Man in America".

What makes the above mentioned poll remarkable is that traditionally these titles belong to the sitting President and First Lady. It&#39;s incredible how popular Hillary Clinton is even after three years removed from the White House. She&#39;s a fantastic lady. [/b][/quote]
    Tail - are you attracted to Hillary?

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jan 6 2004, 10:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jan 6 2004, 10:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 6 2004, 08:45 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 09:38 AM
    Sorry, no checkmate at all. He says himself that he was able to protest right in front of the store&#39;s window. BTW...Why are you protesting books? What&#39;s next burning them?

What makes the above mentioned poll remarkable is that traditionally these titles belong to the sitting President and First Lady. It&#39;s incredible how popular Hillary Clinton is even after three years removed from the White House. She&#39;s a fantastic lady. [/b][/quote]
    Tail - are you attracted to Hillary? [/b][/quote]
    Well she&#39;s prettier than George Bush you&#39;ve got to give her that. ;)

Actually, I do like her. I think she&#39;s a remarkable woman. I met her just after she got elected to the U.S. Senate. She came to my building and visited all of the offices.

BTW...I also greatly admire Laura Bush I think she&#39;s been an outstanding First Lady and a credit to the nation, and I&#39;ve always respected Barbara Bush too, I like her attitude.

The Bush men married well. They&#39;re lucky guys.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 6 2004, 09:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 6 2004, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jets5ever@Jan 6 2004, 10:03 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 6 2004, 08:45 AM

Actually, I do like her. I think she&#39;s a remarkable woman. I met her just after she got elected to the U.S. Senate. She came to my building and visited all of the offices.

BTW...I also greatly admire Laura Bush I think she&#39;s been an outstanding First Lady and a credit to the nation, and I&#39;ve always respected Barbara Bush too, I like her attitude. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, Ok.

One night, and you have to pick one:

Hillary
    Laura Bush
    Carol Mosley Braun
    Condi Rice
    Janet Reno
    Tipper Gore
    Lynne Cheney

I&#39;m thinking Laura Bush, with Tipper #2...

Thoughts??

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jan 6 2004, 10:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jan 6 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lyn[quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 6 2004, 09:12 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -jets5ever@Jan 6 2004, 10:03 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 6 2004, 08:45 AM

BTW...I also greatly admire Laura Bush I think she&#39;s been an outstanding First Lady and a credit to the nation, and I&#39;ve always respected Barbara Bush too, I like her attitude. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, Ok.

One night, and you have to pick one:

Hillary
    Laura Bush
    Carol Mosley Braun
    Condi Rice
    Janet Reno
    Tipper Gore
    Lynne Cheney

I&#39;m thinking Laura Bush, with Tipper #2...

Thoughts?? [/b][/quote]
    Can I go back in time or is this limited to present day.

Because a while ago I saw a photo of Lynne Cheney that was taken in the early &#39;60&#39;s and she was pretty hot.

Tipper was a looker back in the &#39;70&#39;s as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Ok, back in time counts. You&#39;re right about Lynne Cheney.

Present day, though, who would it be??

Jackie O in her prime has got to be the all-time hottie political wife, evcen better than Maria Shriver (who looks like a skeleton these days)

Are there any hot politician women these days?? I don&#39;t know of any.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 10:21 AM
    [b] Ok, back in time counts. You&#39;re right about Lynne Cheney.

Present day, though, who would it be??

Jackie O in her prime has got to be the all-time hottie political wife, evcen better than Maria Shriver (who looks like a skeleton these days)

Are there any hot politician women these days?? I don&#39;t know of any. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d have to choose Laura Bush, I would like to know what it&#39;s like to get busy in the White House&#33;&#33;

You&#39;re right about Jackie Kennedy though, she&#39;s the undisputed all-time most beautiful First Lady.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 10:21 AM
    [b] Are there any hot politician women these days?? I don&#39;t know of any. [/b][/quote]
    New York State&#39;s Lieutenant Governor Mary Donohue is very nice looking. I&#39;ve met her too. Click the link & check her out.

[url=http://www.state.ny.us/governor/ltgov/index.html]http://www.state.ny.us/governor/ltgov/index.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Cute enough, but maybe 20 years ago.....

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 10:44 AM
    [b] Cute enough, but maybe 20 years ago..... [/b][/quote]
    That picture doesn&#39;t do her justice in person she&#39;s quite nice. ;)

BTW... you and I are making the subtitle to this thread a reality. :lol:

All Pro
    [b][SIZE=3]Hillary&#39;s Secret Service Agents Rough Up Reporters as St. Pat&#39;s Crowd Boos[/SIZE][/b]

March 17, 2000 - Newsmax.com

[b]Secret Service agents protecting first lady Hillary Clinton roughed up several reporters along the route of New York City&#39;s St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade,[/b] WABC Radio reported Friday afternoon.

To make matters worse, the United States Senate candidate was booed at several points along the Fifth Avenue parade route. A crowd of holiday revelers gathered at St. Patrick&#39;s Cathedral shouted "Go back to Arkansas" and "Find your own state."

"Secret Service agents literally are pushing press to the ground," reported WABC&#39;s Glenn Shuck. "They get back up again. Mrs. Clinton stops to shake hands again along the route and she&#39;s mobbed again by Secret Service." According to Shuck, Mrs. Clinton&#39;s security got rough with reporters at several points along the parade route.

"At one point one (Secret Service agent) grabbed me on my right side with his hands, and kind of grabbed my coat to hold me back, definitely forcefully," Shuck told afternoon drivetime talk show host Sean Hannity.

"The Secret Service just lost their minds, in my opinion," said Shuck. "I mean they just started pushing and shoving; female camera people five feet tall were getting thrown to the ground, cameras flying. Myself, I was grabbed by the shoulder, I was thrown back over. I think somebody from Channel 11 landed on my back. From that point it really didn&#39;t get any better."

Minutes after Shuck&#39;s interview with Hannity, WABC&#39;s in-studio reporter George Webber announced, "Hillary Clinton&#39;s Secret Service agents today roughed up several members of the news media trying to cover the first lady&#39;s visit to the St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade. At least six reporters, including WABC&#39;s Glen Shuck, were pushed and tossed to the ground as they tried to get quotes from Mrs. Clinton."

The first lady&#39;s reaction:

"I love being a New Yorker. And this is the first time I&#39;ve been able to march in this parade as a New Yorker. I could not be happier to be here."

Banned
    If that story is true, the Secret Service overreacted.

Also, since Hillary Clinton went on to easily defeat Lazio, I guess its safe to say that the majority of New Yorkers welcomed her back in 2000.

BTW...weeb who on 5-ever&#39;s list would you choose to spend the night with?

All Pro
    [color=green]Another one from the selective liberal memory collection:[/color]

[SIZE=3][b]Armed Panther Protest No Threat to Laura Bush: Secret Service [/b][/SIZE]

June, 28,2000 - NewsMax.com

[b]The Secret Service has arrested unarmed protestors who spoke harshly to President Clinton and shoved reporters out of the way when they wanted to question his wife Hillary. [/b]

[b]But when a group of Black Panthers carrying AK-47s, shotguns and other rifles marched on the site where Texas First Lady Laura Bush was about to speak earlier this month, the Secret Service took no action, the agency confirmed on Tuesday.[/b]

"We were aware of the situation and we were monitoring it, but Mrs. Bush was never in any danger," a Secret Service spokesperson told NewsMax.com on Tuesday.

At noon on June 16, fifteen members of the New Black Panther Party led by Minister Quanell X emerged from a converted military vehicle to protest the impending execution of convicted killer Gary Graham. The armed group clad in black fatigues marched on the George R. Brown Convention Center in the heart of downtown Houston, where the wife of presdential candidate George W. Bush was scheduled to address the state GOP convention the very next hour.

Like President Clinton, Vice President Gore and their families, the Bushes are under round the clock Secret Service guard; a protection that will continue for the duration of the presidential campaign.

When asked about the gun-toting Panther protest a Secret Service spokesman explained, "To our understanding there was no violation of the law."

Indeed it is legal to carry assault rifles in Texas as long as strict licensing regulations and other restrictions are complied with. The guns cannot be "brandished" in a threatening manner and must not be aimed at anyone in particular.

But Houston Police did not confront the Panthers to check for registrations or inspect the weapons for possible illegal modifications. Neither were background checks for possible felony arrest records performed. Texas law prohibits felons from carrying guns.

The Secret Service would not say whether they scrutinized the group for possible weapons violations, but media reports from the scene indicate there were no attempts by any law enforcement agency to question the armed demonstrators.

The agency spokesman also refused to say whether the Secret Service knew in advance that the Black Panthers had planned to march on the convention. Houston Police Department spokesman Robert Hurst told NewsMax.com last week that local law enforcement was aware of the Panthers&#39; plans.

Police did arrest Panther Frederick Robinson, who was unarmed, after a GOP delegate complained Robinson had assaulted him at the scene. An HPD background check turned up two recent felony narcotics convictions on Robinson&#39;s record.

[b]In the past the Secret Service hasn&#39;t waited for actual law breaking to occur before acting, even in situations that pose little or no threat to the first family and others under their protection.[/b]

[b]In July 1996, agents arrested Glenn and Patricia Mendoza for threatening President Clinton at the "Taste of Chicago" food fair, though the couple was not armed and neither made any overt threats.

However, after Clinton approached Patricia to shake her hand, she responded, "You suck and those boys died," a reference to the then-recent deaths of 19 American soldiers in the Khobar Towers bombing. Agents at the scene characterized Mendoza&#39;s words as "threatening."

Both Mendozas spent the night in the Cook County Jail, after being arrested on suspicion of threatening the life of the president. Weeks later, lacking evidence, the Secret Service dropped all charges.[/b]

[b]The Mendozas are hardly alone. In 1993 the Secret Service arrested William Kelly -- also unarmed -- who merely challenged Clinton at a town meeting about his failure to deliver on a promised middle class tax cut. Not only was Kelly booted out of the meeting, hours later his home was surrounded by armed agents who took him into custody.[/b]

[b]In 1996 a pro-life activist who confronted Clinton after a Washington, DC church service was detained and questioned by the Secret Service.[/b]

The Secret Service has been extraordinarily protective of Mrs. Clinton, who, according to New York Post Albany bureau chief Fred Dicker, is shielded from tough questioning even as she campaigns for the U.S. Senate by bodyguards who physically block reporters.

After this year&#39;s St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade, Metro Network News reporter Glenn Shuck told a New York radio audience that he and six other reporters were assaulted by agents guarding the first lady.

[b]Even in cases where the perceived danger to Secret Service protectees is not immediate or the result of a face-to-face encounter, the agency routinely springs into action. [/b]

[b]When Senator Jesse Helms jokingly told a North Carolina newspaper in 1994 that President Clinton was so unpopular there he&#39;d need bodyguards if he visited the state, the Secret Service launched an investigation. [/b]

[b]In 1988, when listeners complained that WABC talk radio host Lynn Samuels had made on on-air threat to then-Vice President Dan Quayle, the Secret Service visited the studio and questioned her. Both Helms and Samuels were cleared quickly.[/b]

As these cases and dozens of others show, the Secret Service deems no potential threat too inconsequential to investigate.

Yet the agency indicated to NewsMax.com that it had no plans to probe the Panther protest and in fact showed extraordinary concern for the rights of the group to carry assault weapons at the site where one of it&#39;s protectees was about to speak:

"In all situations when we come in contact with protests we have to provide a secure environment, which in this case we did. But also, we try not to inhibit anyone&#39;s right to demonstrate as long as they&#39;re doing it legally."

The New Black Panther Party decided to mount an armed protest of Gary Graham&#39;s execution after the convicted killer himself urged supporters to "come armed with AK-47&#39;s." (Houston Chronicle -- June 21) Graham&#39;s last wish before dying from lethal injection in the Texas state death house last Thursday was for his supporters to "avenge my death."

The day before Graham died, Panther leader Quanell X charged that presidential candidate George Bush was a "murderer" who had killed more black men "than any other nation on earth."

When Bush spoke to the Congress of Racial Equality Monday night in New York City, unarmed Graham supporters were outside the event distributing flyers that urged others to protest with the headline:

"Emergency Call to Action Against Gov. George W. Bush -- The Murderer of Shaka Sankofa (Gary Graham)"

The agency spokesman refused to say whether the Secret Service was concerned about the hostile rhetoric of Graham sympathizers directed towards Bush.

the bottom line is that Come Back to Ny was allowed to protest in a relevant position to the Hillary appearance - anyone who wants to protest Bush has to do so from a "free speech zone" a half mile away? thats bullcrap. All free speech is protected by the first amendment.

the point of this thread was not to advocate the protection of ONLY Bush-bashing - but all reasonable protest. (however murderous ignorant anti-abortionists have proven time and time again they don&#39;t deserve such leeway.)

Banned
    Yeah weeb, we all know that the United States Secret Service is really just a bunch of liberal thugs. <_<

Give it up, and get to the matter at hand. Who do you want to pork?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 6 2004, 09:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 6 2004, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 09:38 AM
    Sorry, no checkmate at all. He says himself that he was able to protest right in front of the store&#39;s window not a 1/2 mile away, something that a Bush protester would never be allowed to do.

BTW...Why are you protesting books? What&#39;s next burning them?

What makes the above mentioned poll remarkable is that traditionally these titles belong to the sitting President and First Lady. It&#39;s incredible how popular Hillary Clinton is even after three years removed from the White House. She&#39;s a fantastic lady.[/b][/quote]
    I was not allowed to protest where I wanted to....if you read the post and were able to comprehend what I wrote I was only able to protest in a specific area. I was not allowed to go into the store and flash my sign in front of her face.

[i]BTW...Why are you protesting books? What&#39;s next burning them?[/i]

Expected response from a moron like yourself.

[i]Hey Comeback it must really torque you off that in a recent CNN/Gallop poll Hillary Clinton was voted "The Most Admired Woman in America". [/i]

I could care less....what made me laugh was how cheesed herr Hitlery and her people were that I was outside protesting the fraud she was trying to perpetuate back in July&#33;&#33; :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 11:03 AM
    [b] [b][SIZE=3]Hillary&#39;s Secret Service Agents Rough Up Reporters as St. Pat&#39;s Crowd Boos[/SIZE][/b]

March 17, 2000 - Newsmax.com

[b]Secret Service agents protecting first lady Hillary Clinton roughed up several reporters along the route of New York City&#39;s St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade,[/b] WABC Radio reported Friday afternoon.

To make matters worse, the United States Senate candidate was booed at several points along the Fifth Avenue parade route. A crowd of holiday revelers gathered at St. Patrick&#39;s Cathedral shouted "Go back to Arkansas" and "Find your own state."

"Secret Service agents literally are pushing press to the ground," reported WABC&#39;s Glenn Shuck. "They get back up again. Mrs. Clinton stops to shake hands again along the route and she&#39;s mobbed again by Secret Service." According to Shuck, Mrs. Clinton&#39;s security got rough with reporters at several points along the parade route.

"At one point one (Secret Service agent) grabbed me on my right side with his hands, and kind of grabbed my coat to hold me back, definitely forcefully," Shuck told afternoon drivetime talk show host Sean Hannity.

"The Secret Service just lost their minds, in my opinion," said Shuck. "I mean they just started pushing and shoving; female camera people five feet tall were getting thrown to the ground, cameras flying. Myself, I was grabbed by the shoulder, I was thrown back over. I think somebody from Channel 11 landed on my back. From that point it really didn&#39;t get any better."

Minutes after Shuck&#39;s interview with Hannity, WABC&#39;s in-studio reporter George Webber announced, "Hillary Clinton&#39;s Secret Service agents today roughed up several members of the news media trying to cover the first lady&#39;s visit to the St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade. At least six reporters, including WABC&#39;s Glen Shuck, were pushed and tossed to the ground as they tried to get quotes from Mrs. Clinton."

The first lady&#39;s reaction:

"I love being a New Yorker. And this is the first time I&#39;ve been able to march in this parade as a New Yorker. I could not be happier to be here." [/b][/quote]
    [i]Minutes after Shuck&#39;s interview with Hannity, WABC&#39;s in-studio reporter George Webber announced, "Hillary Clinton&#39;s Secret Service agents today roughed up several members of the news media trying to cover the first lady&#39;s visit to the St. Patrick&#39;s Day parade. At least six reporters, including WABC&#39;s Glen Shuck, were pushed and tossed to the ground as they tried to get quotes from Mrs. Clinton."[/i]

The funny thing is when I protested herr Hitlery her security would come out where I was marching, give me nasty looks and then talk into the little walkie-talkie on their shoulders while staring me down. It was obviously meant to intimidate me but all I did was motivate me to walk closer to them (the Hitlery youth) and push my sign towards thier direction&#33;

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] I was not allowed to protest where I wanted to....if you read the post and were able to comprehend what I wrote I was only able to protest in a specific area. I was not allowed to go into the store and flash my sign in front of her face.

I could care less....what made me laugh was how cheesed herr Hitlery and her people were that I was outside protesting the fraud she was trying to perpetuate back in July&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You had a reasonable chance to protest, and I&#39;m sure you had an ample opportunity to make a fool out of yourself.

You&#39;re a really brave guy wanting to get into a woman&#39;s face. <_<

So Hillary Clinton was perpetrating a fraud? You mean the people didn&#39;t get the books they paid for? OUTRAGEOUS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 10:12 AM
    [b] the bottom line is that Come Back to Ny was allowed to protest in a relevant position to the Hillary appearance - anyone who wants to protest Bush has to do so from a "free speech zone" a half mile away? thats bullcrap. All free speech is protected by the first amendment.

the point of this thread was not to advocate the protection of ONLY Bush-bashing - but all reasonable protest. (however murderous ignorant anti-abortionists have proven time and time again they don&#39;t deserve such leeway.) [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti -

All free speech is NOT protected by the first amendment&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

You couldn&#39;t be more wrong. NBC cannot put kiddie porn on TV, we cannot slander people, we cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater, we cannot make threats against the President, we cannot take a sh*t in public, we cannot display pornographic imiages in a kindergarten class, we cannot grocery shop naked, etc, etc, etc.