Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bush "protected" from Free Speech

[b]tail[/b] the real question is what would MLK say if he were alive today RE: the President and the job he's doing?

that is if he was allowed to speak, there would be a good chance that he would be arrested and held without charge as a "terrorist" ;)

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM
    [b] [b]tail[/b] the real question is what would MLK say if he were alive today RE: the President and the job he's doing?

that is if he was allowed to speak, there would be a good chance that he would be arrested and held without charge as a "terrorist" ;) [/b][/quote]
    Everyone knows that Limbaugh, Hannity and O'Reilly, would paint MLK as public enemy #1.

Either that or they'd try to use him as some sort of reasonable liberal elder statesman like they do with Ed Koch. :blink:

All Pro
    So much for your "protest free" zones.

Just like everything else you guys claim -- absolute bunk!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 16 2004, 06:01 PM
    [b] So much for your "protest free" zones.

Just like everything else you guys claim -- absolute bunk! [/b][/quote]
    Sad isn't it?

ou have a sitting President who has elevated blacks to the highest positions ever in any Presidential administration and did so because they were qualified and he'd work with them previously.

No lib President did that; not clinton who "care" so much for black people". No that fool carter who was a "champion of human rights".

You have a sitting President who just helped liberate 24-millions people; most have been repressed and oppressed for their entire lives.

The recent lib President's sat back, talked a good game and did nothing while people we slaughtered and Americans were killed. The one who tried, LBJ, fought a war with his head up his ass.

You have a sitting President that has, time and time again, nominated minorities as judges for some of the top courts in the land.

But the libs in the senate and house, much like the one's on this board, are too blind from their own bias, hatred and partisinship to see through any of this.

I'm sure Dr. King is disgraced by these people...but then again, the same people protesting the President yesterday are from the same demockratic party who burnt down Dr. King's churches and sent the dogs after his marchers in the south 40-years ago while the icons of the party encouraged them on :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM
    [b] [b]tail[/b] the real question is what would MLK say if he were alive today RE: the President and the job he's doing?

that is if he was allowed to speak, there would be a good chance that he would be arrested and held without charge as a "terrorist" ;) [/b][/quote]
    bit, if your party had had its way while King was alive, he wouldn't have been able to speak then. MLK's descendants, and all minorities, can thank the bold Republicans who were responsible for the Civil Rights Act being passed despite the strident attempts to prevent it by those in the Democrat party.

Hall Of Fame
    Bush has African-Americans as his Secretary of State and as his primary NSC-posts no Democrat has ever so appointed an African-American. These are arguably the two of the three highest appointed posts in the executive branch, at least equal to the Secretary of Defense. It can be argued that no African-American in history has been more influential on this country's policies than Condelezza Rice, and no man more universally respected and justifiably admired than Colin Powell. His father appointed an African-American, Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court-something neither Clinton nor Jimmy Carter did. Senator Prescott Bush, his grandfather, voted for the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act, which Senator William Fullbright(Clinton's mentor) and Senator Al Gore Sr. both voted against as segregationists.

Facts are tricky, facts are cruel, facts don't do what you want them to.

The question becomes whether we all want a truly color-blind society based on the content of one's character rather than the color of one's skin, or is this all about "I want mine" racial spoils system. When you let an criminal animal like Al Sharpton run for president, we have the Democats' answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Jan 16 2004, 10:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Jan 16 2004, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM
    [b] [b]tail[/b] the real question is what would MLK say if he were alive today RE: the President and the job he&#39;s doing?

bit, if your party had had its way while King was alive, he wouldn&#39;t have been able to speak then. MLK&#39;s descendants, and all minorities, can thank the bold Republicans who were responsible for the Civil Rights Act being passed despite the strident attempts to prevent it by those in the Democrat party. [/b][/quote]
    shakin...please refresh my memory...wasn&#39;t al gore&#39;s pappy in goverment during that time and wasn&#39;t he someone who voted on that legislation?? You know, the same hate-filled al gore who goes off about President Bush?