Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not So Great Moments In Debating

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter who you are pulling for, this guy is a goofball of the highest order. We realyy need a 57-year old bachelor devoid of any personal savings, don't we?

Kucinich Shows Pie Chart on Radio Debate

By Associated Press

January 6, 2004, 8:44 PM EST

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Federal spending was the topic and Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich came prepared with a pie chart to argue his point about a bloated Pentagon budget.

But although many listened to Tuesday's presidential debate, few could see the Ohio congressman's prop.

The debate was broadcast only on National Public Radio.

As Kucinich challenged Democratic front-runner Howard Dean for refusing to acknowledge that the Pentagon budget needs to be cut, debate moderator Neal Conan of NPR interrupted.

"Congressman Kucinich is holding up a pie chart, which is not truly effective on radio," Conan told his listeners.

Kucinich was not deterred.

"Well, it's effective if Howard can see it," he replied.
    Copyright 2004, The Associated Press

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats pretty funny.

Whats funny to me is every time Bush addresses the nation. He looks so rediculous that I can't stop laughing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] Thats pretty funny.

Whats funny to me is every time Bush addresses the nation. He looks so rediculous that I can't stop laughing. [/b][/quote]
    Intelligent response.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant+Jan 7 2004, 06:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetFanTransplant @ Jan 7 2004, 06:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] Thats pretty funny.

Whats funny to me is every time Bush addresses the nation. He looks so rediculous that I can&#39;t stop laughing. [/b][/quote]
    Intelligent response. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;d you expect from someone who admits they are an anti-Semite and defends Sadaam Hussien like 109?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]What&#39;d you expect from someone who admits they are an anti-Semite and defends Sadaam Hussien like 109? [/b][/quote]

Anti-semite? The more you say it doesn&#39;t make it more true.

Defends Sadaam Hussien? I never defended him, I think he is an "evil doer" too. My point is that there are lots of bad people out there yet we don&#39;t invade their countries and risk American lives and piss off our enemies even more. I guess your right though, we finally found WOMD today, look at these stunning photographs.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60340-2004Jan6.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...0-2004Jan6.html[/url]

[img]http://65.216.239.9/pics/politics/wmd.JPG[/img]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Jan 7 2004, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Jan 7 2004, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[quote][b]What&#39;d you expect from someone who admits they are an anti-Semite and defends Sadaam Hussien like 109? [/b][/quote]

Anti-semite? The more you say it doesn&#39;t make it more true.

Defends Sadaam Hussien? I never defended him, I think he is an "evil doer" too. My point is that there are lots of bad people out there yet we don&#39;t invade their countries and risk American lives and piss off our enemies even more. I guess your right though, we finally found WOMD today, look at these stunning photographs.

[/b][/quote]
    Dude...here&#39;s you quote:

<!--QuoteBegin--Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 6 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b] [quote][b]BTW: nice (sarcasm) to know we have an anti-semite on this board. [/b][/quote]

Im an anti-semite because I feel our ties to Israel are what causes the muslim world to hate us? How can anyone support a country that is in the process of quaruntining people with razor wire fences? (Actually that is what Gov Bush does to protesters here in the land of the free.)

Look I went to GWU a 60% Jewish school. Some of my best friends are Jewish. I&#39;ve visited Auschwitz where some of my relatives had died. So I guess that makes me an anti-semite.

Back to the topic. I don&#39;t have anything against the troops themselves and yes maybe I should send them something. I do disagree, however, with the sentament that they are protecting us. We are not being invaded we did the invading. Anyway, I hope they fix the mess we created over there and come home safely. [/b][/quote]

And here&#39;s the link (sixth post down):

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=14490]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=7&t=14490[/url]

So and tough as it may be pull your head back out of your ass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF does anything you posted say that proves that I&#39;m

1. an anti-semite or
    2. a Sadaam lover?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 08:11 PM
    [b] WTF does anything you posted say that proves that I&#39;m

1. an anti-semite or
    2. a Sadaam lover? [/b][/quote]
    1-Guess the first line of your quote about being an anti-Semite is invisible huh?

2-Your post stating Hussien was not a terrorist and Iraq was not a terrorist nation under him was removed, or do you want to deny you posted those statements?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]1-Guess the first line of your quote about being an anti-Semite is invisible huh?
    [/b][/quote]

Ohh my Allah&#33; Can&#39;t you see the "?" at the end of the sentence. A statement ends in a period and a question ends in a question mark.

[quote][b]2-Your post stating Hussien was not a terrorist and Iraq was not a terrorist nation under him was removed, or do you want to deny you posted those statements? [/b][/quote]

Well I&#39;m glad you were able to recall my exact words. I don&#39;t remember exactly what I said but assuming what you say is true, that still doesn&#39;t prove I&#39;m a Sadaam lover. Besides I never shook hands with him like Rumsfeld.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 08:34 PM
    [b] [quote][b]1-Guess the first line of your quote about being an anti-Semite is invisible huh?
    [/b][/quote]

Ohh my Allah&#33; Can&#39;t you see the "?" at the end of the sentence. A statement ends in a period and a question ends in a question mark.

[quote][b]2-Your post stating Hussien was not a terrorist and Iraq was not a terrorist nation under him was removed, or do you want to deny you posted those statements? [/b][/quote]

Well I&#39;m glad you were able to recall my exact words. I don&#39;t remember exactly what I said but assuming what you say is true, that still doesn&#39;t prove I&#39;m a Sadaam lover. Besides I never shook hands with him like Rumsfeld. [/b][/quote]
    But I&#39;m sure you&#39;d shake hands with a leftist like Castro if you could, wouldn&#39;t ya??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]But I&#39;m sure you&#39;d shake hands with a leftist like Castro if you could, wouldn&#39;t ya?? [/b][/quote]

To hand him a cigar bomb ;)

Seriously though I don&#39;t know. Castro has mellowed a lot since he took power. Besides its not like I am Secretary of Defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 08:44 PM
    [b] [quote][b]But I&#39;m sure you&#39;d shake hands with a leftist like Castro if you could, wouldn&#39;t ya?? [/b][/quote]

To hand him a cigar bomb ;)

Seriously though I don&#39;t know. Castro has mellowed a lot since he took power. Besides its not like I am Secretary of Defense. [/b][/quote]
    yes...but you&#39;d appease leftists like Castro, Kim Il-sane, etc, wouldn&#39;t ya? Of course they are not corrupt. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]yes...but you&#39;d appease leftists like Castro, Kim Il-sane, etc, wouldn&#39;t ya? Of course they are not corrupt.[/b][/quote]

Actually I&#39;m not too fond of many governments. Maybe Canada or some European countries are pretty good. Other than that they are pretty much full of corruption.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 7 2004, 11:12 PM
    [b] [quote][b]yes...but you&#39;d appease leftists like Castro, Kim Il-sane, etc, wouldn&#39;t ya? Of course they are not corrupt.[/b][/quote]

Actually I&#39;m not too fond of many governments. Maybe Canada or some European countries are pretty good. Other than that they are pretty much full of corruption. [/b][/quote]
    and there&#39;s no corruption in Canada?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Section -[/b]Are you saying that one of the reasons why you don&#39;t support the Iraq War is because it "pisses off" our enemies "more?"

Did I read that correctly?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Section -Are you saying that one of the reasons why you don&#39;t support the Iraq War is because it "pisses off" our enemies "more?"

[/b][/quote]

100% correct.

We should work to build a better relationship with them. We should apologize for all the past and say we are commited to a better future. Instead we invade their countries with no justification. Our three allies are Israel, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 8 2004, 10:52 AM
    [b] Our two allies are Israel, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. [/b][/quote]
    Man that too funny&#33;&#33; :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Man that too funny&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

Well your sentence is not really grammatically correct.

I initially had two written because I forgot about Kuwait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 8 2004, 09:52 AM
    [b]
    100% correct.

We should work to build a better relationship with them. We should apologize for all the past and say we are commited to a better future. Instead we invade their countries with no justification. Our three allies are Israel, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. [/b][/quote]
    Were we justified in overthrowing the Taliban after 9/11?

Should our enemies, perhaps, apologize to us?

What does "work to build a better relationship with them" mean, specifically? How do we convince them we are "committed to a better future?"

What do we do if we say nice things, yet terrorists still attack America and American interests abroad?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 8 2004, 10:52 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Section -Are you saying that one of the reasons why you don&#39;t support the Iraq War is because it "pisses off" our enemies "more?"

[/b][/quote]

100% correct.

We should work to build a better relationship with them. We should apologize for all the past and say we are commited to a better future. Instead we invade their countries with no justification. Our three allies are Israel, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. [/b][/quote]
    All that statement proves is how ignorant people are to the present situation; no matter what we say or do many of these people want us dead and want to see the destruction of America.

Work for a better future? Yes.....appease our enemies? No effin way.

Section 109 sounds to me like he was a backer of Neville Chamberlain.