Thread: Since all you libs trust Paul O'Neill now

All Pro
    O'Neill told the "Today" show he was guilty of using some "vivid" language during his hundreds of hours of interviews with Suskind for the book.

"If I could take it back, I would take it back," he said of the blind-man quote.

[b]Asked if he plans to vote for Bush in November's presidential election, O'Neill said he "probably" would.

"[u][SIZE=3]I don't see anyone who is better prepared or more capable[/SIZE][/u]," he told NBC. [/b]

Since you libs trust his judgement so much, I guess you agree with his accessment about leader of the country too.

All League
    I think O'Neil made a lot of enemies in his party. He already admited that Rumsfeld called him and told him not to participate in this book. There are a million reasons why he is toning it down now. What does the word "probably" mean to a politician? Its a nice way of avoiding a question. Besides like I said in another post, its not that I like O'neil, but the fact that he said these things leads me to believe that he was actually taking it light on the administration due to his party affiliations.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 13 2004, 02:12 PM
    [b] I think O'Neil made a lot of enemies in his party. He already admited that Rumsfeld called him and told him not to participate in this book. There are a million reasons why he is toning it down now. What does the word "probably" mean to a politician? Its a nice way of avoiding a question. Besides like I said in another post, its not that I like O'neil, but the fact that he said these things leads me to believe that he was actually taking it light on the administration due to his party affiliations. [/b][/quote]
    It's the same with Dick Morris. Morris bashes the Clintons every chance he gets cause he's pissed at them. It doesn't make what he says false, it dosen't make it true. It is what it is - the guy has a motive and people can choose to look past it or not. It's the same with O'Neill.

I don't know why Bush would hire a guy who doesn't think that cuts will stimulate growth. Not saying Bush is right or wrong with his economic theory, but for a Pres who believes that and plans to implement it, why would he hire a Tresuray Secretary who does not share that view? (Perhaps that wasn't the litmus test used, but still...)

All League
    [quote][b]I don't know why Bush would hire a guy who doesn't think that cuts will stimulate growth. Not saying Bush is right or wrong with his economic theory, but for a Pres who believes that and plans to implement it, why would he hire a Tresuray Secretary who does not share that view? (Perhaps that wasn't the litmus test used, but still...)
    [/b][/quote]

Are you saying Neil Bush is more qualified?

This sounds like a debate from the regular forums. "Why would Edwards hire a 3-4 coach in Cotrell to run a 4-3 cover-2 system."

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jan 13 2004, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jan 13 2004, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 13 2004, 02:12 PM
    [b] I think O&#39;Neil made a lot of enemies in his party. He already admited that Rumsfeld called him and told him not to participate in this book. There are a million reasons why he is toning it down now. What does the word "probably" mean to a politician? Its a nice way of avoiding a question. Besides like I said in another post, its not that I like O&#39;neil, but the fact that he said these things leads me to believe that he was actually taking it light on the administration due to his party affiliations. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s the same with Dick Morris. Morris bashes the Clintons every chance he gets cause he&#39;s pissed at them. It doesn&#39;t make what he says false, it dosen&#39;t make it true. It is what it is - the guy has a motive and people can choose to look past it or not. It&#39;s the same with O&#39;Neill.

I don&#39;t know why Bush would hire a guy who doesn&#39;t think that cuts will stimulate growth. Not saying Bush is right or wrong with his economic theory, but for a Pres who believes that and plans to implement it, why would he hire a Tresuray Secretary who does not share that view? (Perhaps that wasn&#39;t the litmus test used, but still...) [/b][/quote]
    I never heard Morris say he would take anything back.

All League
    [quote][b]I never heard Morris say he would take anything back.[/b][/quote]

Maybe he was never "compelled" to do so.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 13 2004, 03:04 PM
    [b]O&#39;Neill told the "Today" show he was guilty of using some "vivid" language during his hundreds of hours of interviews with Suskind for the book.

"If I could take it back, I would take it back," he said of the blind-man quote.

[b]Asked if he plans to vote for Bush in November&#39;s presidential election, O&#39;Neill said he "probably" would.

"[u][SIZE=3]I don&#39;t see anyone who is better prepared or more capable[/SIZE][/u]," he told NBC. [/b]

Since you libs trust his judgement so much, I guess you agree with his accessment about leader of the country too.[/b][/quote]
    Just saw O&#39;Neill&#39;s remarks on CNN....absolute retreat. Now says he didn&#39;t meant it to seem like the President came into office with a plan to remove Hussein from the get-go amongst other things. [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/13/oneill.bush/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/13/...bush/index.html[/url]

Let&#39;s hear the [b]Idiot-8[/b] (aka; the demkRATic volunteers lining up to get there asses kicked by GWB in less than ten months) spin this now&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the other side, you&#39;ve got to hand it to CBS as they&#39;ve covered themselves in journalistic integrity this year.....yellow journalistic integrity that is.

let&#39;s reminisce what CBS has done the past six months, shall we:

1- Offers PFC Jessica thousands of dollars for her story as well as other goodies then denies it after an outcry of being totally unprofessional

2- Pulls the embarrassing mini-series on Ronald Reagan, which was oversaw by big-nosed babs, after a "lack of institutional control" as it is rife with lies and little historical fact.

3- Let&#39;s pop-music&#39;s favorite pedophile, Michael Jackson, spew utter nonsense/lies about his arrest. CBS further complicates the situation lying that it did not promise Wacko money in return as well as the promise of airing his TV special.

4- Has Leslie Stahl, (you remember her- the one who interviewed Donald Rumsfeld the night Hussein was captured by our troops-the people section109 does not support-and acted like it was a bad thing we caught a tyrant) go one-on-one with an X-treasury secretary (who was fired from the Bush administration for incompetence) and gets his assertions which are now being portrayed by the source himself (O&#39;Neill) as falsehoods....

Way to go Tiffany Network....better dump that viacom stock if you own it; this is the last year of "Everybody Loves Raymond" so its&#39; further downhill come September :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 13 2004, 07:22 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I never heard Morris say he would take anything back.[/b][/quote]

Maybe he was never "compelled" to do so. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe it was all true&#33; :P

All Pro
    It&#39;s funny to watch the excitement of the libs about this guy.

He exemplifies everything a democrit stands for: all double-talk and no results.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 12:57 PM
    [b] It&#39;s funny to watch the excitement of the libs about this guy.

He exemplifies everything a democrit stands for: all double-talk and no results. [/b][/quote]
    Beautifully said...and remember.....demokRATS are idealists (of course Republicans are realists&#33;)