Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bush victory in 2004 = no NY OLYMPICS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to mock the motherland, Section. I appologize for getting so personal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Do you consider yourself to be highly intelligent, relative to most Americans?[/b][/quote]

Well since the House/Senate/and President are Republican, than yes I do. I got a 1300 on my SATs. I work as a contractor for the Federal Government. (If anyone has worked for the Government you know how someone could get the impression that they are smarter than most people.)

[quote][b]I think all the France bashing has to do with the fact that we've saved their asses twice. (World War I and II), and pretty much rebuilt France under the Marshall Plan (along with the rest of Europe with our money) We're the reason they're aren't speaking German or Russian.[/b][/quote]

Who saved our ass against the British? Who gave us the Statue of Liberty?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no no 109 what did i tell you was the first rule of dealing with 5ever

never answer his 1 liner questions... somehow he always turns everything into a senate confirmation hearing with YOU on the hot seat

"so the Gut-man comes in and takes two HUGE bingers, i mean the dude knows how to carb and everything!"

"Umm... i never exhaled"

"hey works for me!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Hey, watch the leather, maaan...."

"You know what I love about high school girls? I get older...they stay the same age..."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 05:06 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Do you consider yourself to be highly intelligent, relative to most Americans?[/b][/quote]

Well since the House/Senate/and President are Republican, than yes I do. I got a 1300 on my SATs. I work as a contractor for the Federal Government. (If anyone has worked for the Government you know how someone could get the impression that they are smarter than most people.)

[quote][b]I think all the France bashing has to do with the fact that we've saved their asses twice. (World War I and II), and pretty much rebuilt France under the Marshall Plan (along with the rest of Europe with our money) We're the reason they're aren't speaking German or Russian.[/b][/quote]

Who saved our ass against the British? Who gave us the Statue of Liberty? [/b][/quote]
    They didn't come into the Revolutionary War into the end of the war and even after the Revolution we got into an undeclared naval war with France.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 03:58 PM
    [b] this is just a theory i have been brewing, no real facts to back it up...

conservatives and liberals alike can agree on the fact that George Bush II is not a popular man worldwide. If he wins in 2004 look for the IOC to NOT grant the Olympics to NY in 2005. However if a diplomat like Wesley Clark or John Edwards wins, worldwide sentiment will most likely bounce back instantly and the 2012 Olympics will be awarded to NY. If Howard Dean somehow wins (IMPOSSIBLE) look for the IOC to NOT award NY the olympics, as it would be only a matter of time before Dr Dean pissed everyone off.

without olympic backing it will be very difficult for the city to fund the infrastructure for the stadium while at the same time working on the WTC site.

so to summarize any fan of the JETS NYC stadium bid should not be a fan of a 2004 Bush victory

thoughts? does this theory have any merit whatsoever? [/b][/quote]
    I've been to the Olympics four times (LA '84, Calgary '88, Atlanta '96, SLC 2002). I actually trained for them more then a decade.

I would agree that if the President is re-elected it is unlikely NYC gets the bid for the 2012 Games....but Edwards and Clark do not improve the chances one ioda. The IOC does not "grant" the Olympics to a city, they go through several rounds of voting. And the IOC is still pissed at Atlanta at the horsesh!t way they ran the games.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 05:06 PM
    [b][quote][b]Do you consider yourself to be highly intelligent, relative to most Americans?[/b][/quote]

Who saved our ass against the British? Who gave us the Statue of Liberty?[/b][/quote]
    You should put some of that so-called intelligence to work, come up with some orignal thoughts/ideas and at least learn how to spell "rediculous" ....and I'm a sh!tty speller.

BTW: you have got to be one of the most pathic appeasers I've ever heard talk/post...you don't support our troops yet stand stand up for the masters of capitulation....the french.

Know why they don't set off fireworks anymore at euro-disney in france? Everytime they do the french surrender :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]They didn't come into the Revolutionary War into the end of the war [/b][/quote]

And when exactly did we enter WWII?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 10:40 AM
    [b] [quote][b]They didn't come into the Revolutionary War into the end of the war [/b][/quote]

And when exactly did we enter WWII? [/b][/quote]
    Section...you claim to be intelligent but you are obviously light in the loafers when it comes to common sense. And your pathetic attempts to brandish America and "the bad guy" through history just shows what a bigger fool you are.

As far as you WWII comment is concerned and entering Europe late....had you ever heard of the Battle of the Pacific? Did you even know that America had been fighting an enemy that attacked her for two-and-a-half years half a world away before they had to once again switch gears for the second time in twenty years to save Europe's ass?

Funny thing about those that claim "America entered the war late in Europe" they seem to forget two major points:

1-America was fighting a war in the south pacific
    2- Europe would've been toast had not America entered regardless of when they sailed over.