Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush victory in 2004 = no NY OLYMPICS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is just a theory i have been brewing, no real facts to back it up...

conservatives and liberals alike can agree on the fact that George Bush II is not a popular man worldwide. If he wins in 2004 look for the IOC to NOT grant the Olympics to NY in 2005. However if a diplomat like Wesley Clark or John Edwards wins, worldwide sentiment will most likely bounce back instantly and the 2012 Olympics will be awarded to NY. If Howard Dean somehow wins (IMPOSSIBLE) look for the IOC to NOT award NY the olympics, as it would be only a matter of time before Dr Dean pissed everyone off.

without olympic backing it will be very difficult for the city to fund the infrastructure for the stadium while at the same time working on the WTC site.

so to summarize any fan of the JETS NYC stadium bid should not be a fan of a 2004 Bush victory

thoughts? does this theory have any merit whatsoever?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter who wins the election in November there's no way in the world that the 2012 Olympics was going to be awarded to a US city anyway.

We're the pariah of the world.

Regarding the JETS stadium it was never gonna happen on the West Side either, as I've said all along it'll be in Queens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, bitonti, heres a website just for you: [url=http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html]Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie[/url]

[img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/afdbhead.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's interesting, however, astrology is interesting too.

European opinion polls mean EVERYTHING.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, you're right. John Ashcroft posted your baby pictures on the 'net:

[img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/albaby.jpg[/img]

Cheese it, they're onto you man!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was just a theory guys you don't have to act like dickheads

oh wait, my bad i forgot you guys are Bush supporters that's your default mode

carry on

"can you blow me where the pampers is?"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit the theory is sound except for the fact that the Olypics is all about money. Whoever fronts the most money will host the games. Even the Mormons got in on the bribing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] Regarding the JETS stadium it was never gonna happen on the West Side either, as I've said all along it'll be in Queens. [/b][/quote]
    Then you and the Jets stadium will finally have something in common.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] it was just a theory guys you don't have to act like dickheads

carry on

"can you blow me where the pampers is?" [/b][/quote]
    That's a good quote.

Lighten up, just kidding around is all.

It's an interesting theory, but I agree that the Olympics are all about the moolah. Bush's Texas drawl won't have much to do with who gets to host the games, IMHO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:23 PM
    [b] it was just a theory guys you don't have to act like dickheads

carry on

"can you blow me where the pampers is?" [/b][/quote]
    They're not interested in theories or discussions. All they want to do is lob personal insult bombs.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the handwriting is on the wall as to who will be awarded the 2012 Olympics. The smart money is on London or Paris.

The US will have to sit in the IOC penalty box for awhile before we're considered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:29 PM
    [b] Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the handwriting is on the wall as to who will be awarded the 2012 Olympics. The smart money is on Paris.
    [/b][/quote]
    Now you have something in common with the IOC...you both stand behind France.

Score two nuts for the blind squirrel!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b]
    Now you have something in common with the IOC...you both stand behind France.

[/b][/quote]
    See what I mean bit. :(

Nowhere did I say I supported the French bid to host the 2012 Olympics. I was merely pointing out the likelihood of these games being awarded to London or Paris.

BTW if weeb really hated France he'd want them to have the expense of hosting the Olympics. Why? Because, whoever is awarded these games is gonna be saddled with a huge debt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Now you have something in common with the IOC...you both stand behind France.
    [/b][/quote]

Is that supposed to be an insult? Seriously, all this France bashing is rediculous. Go out and rent Canadian Bacon, that is how rediculous all this anti-French crap has gotten. So what if they don't agree with Bush's foreign policy, there are a lot of people in the US and other countries that disagree as well. What has the world come to where calling someone a France supporter is akin to calling someone a nazi or a klansmen. Leave France out of this and enjoy your freedom fries.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 03:43 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Now you have something in common with the IOC...you both stand behind France.
    [/b][/quote]

Is that supposed to be an insult? Seriously, all this France bashing is rediculous. Go out and rent Canadian Bacon, that is how rediculous all this anti-French crap has gotten. So what if they don't agree with Bush's foreign policy, there are a lot of people in the US and other countries that disagree as well. What has the world come to where calling someone a France supporter is akin to calling someone a nazi or a klansmen. Leave France out of this and enjoy your freedom fries. [/b][/quote]
    Canadian Bacon is an awful, awful movie. Sorry dude, Michael Moore isn't god. He appeals to the idiots on the left side, as Rush and Michael Savage appaeal to the idiots on the right. They are all self-absorbed morons who are laughing all the way to the bank.

There are a lot of Americans who look upon the French government with contempt, which is just as valid as those foreigners who look upon Bush with contempt. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    while you are out at the local video rental place, watch "Wag the Dog" for an insight on the Jessica Lynch "rescue" (i use the term very lightly)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] BTW if weeb really hated France he'd want them to have the expense of hosting the Olympics. Why? Because, whoever is awarded these games is gonna be saddled with a huge debt. [/b][/quote]
    No wonder you're a democrat -- you're knowledge of economics is stunning.

Why do you think countries trip over each other to bid on those games? Because the winner makes a huge profit even with all the security headaches -- see Utah, Winter Olypics 2002.

That being said, they could hold the Olympics on the Island of Dr. Moreau for all I care. PS - Like the rest of the world, I'm sure the IOC will put aside any outrage once those American greenbacks start flowing.

How's that for discussion? Or is your idea of debate trading insults with you after calling me an overweight blind squirrel?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehehe so true Bitonti.

They even went so far as to insinuate she was anally raped by the evil Iraqis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 04:52 PM
    [b] while you are out at the local video rental place, watch "Wag the Dog" for an insight on the Jessica Lynch "rescue" (i use the term very lightly) [/b][/quote]
    ...or "Blawhawk Down" to see how a [i]real [/i]commander in chief handles foreign affairs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 14 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] hehehe so true Bitonti.

They even went so far as to insinuate she was anally raped by the evil Iraqis. [/b][/quote]
    Section -

This is a serious question:

Do you consider yourself to be highly intelligent, relative to most Americans?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think all the France bashing has to do with the fact that we've saved their asses twice. (World War I and II), and pretty much rebuilt France under the Marshall Plan (along with the rest of Europe with our money) We're the reason they're aren't speaking German or Russian. Yet they treat Americans like dog****. And they have an inferiority complex because they've been around for so long and the youngster nation (the U.S.) has more power in the world and they don't like the fact that they aren't a great world power anymore.

Personally, I hate the idea of calling them freedom fries, why not just "fries."

I also would never compare them to Nazis or Klansmen. They just like to hold up white flags. :D