Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Bush's New Space initiative...What it really means

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    announcement.

1st) The goal of landing man on the Moon and Mars is really part and parcel of the never ending search for Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction.

2nd) If life is found on Mars they can either be the ultimate Off-shore workforce or another source of cheap labor for the United States.

Question: Which will happen first? Gov. Pataki and the NYS Legislature passing an on time budget (NYS hasn't passed an on-time budget since 1983) or man landing on Mars?

I'm betting on the landing on Mars.

Lastly, instead of spending trillions of dollars on the search for intelligent life on Mars couldn't we just take a cab over to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and see if there's any sign of intelligent life in the White House?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Lastly, instead of spending trillions of dollars on the search for intelligent life on Mars couldn't we just take a cab over to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and see if there's any sign of intelligent life in the White House?
    [/b][/quote]

No you can't take a cab since Pennsylvania Avenue is blocked off. I work 2 blocks away and have yet to witness any signs of intelligent life.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush is stupid and you guys are smart - we get it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!!

These are only jokes!

Take it easy.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 10:42 AM
    [b] Hello!!

These are only jokes!

Take it easy. [/b][/quote]
    Once again tailgator shows the utmost and best in liberal hypocrisy.....see, when I go after a Hitlery clinton, weasley clark or lurch, (aka John Kerry) well I'm just a nasty, mean-spirited conservative.

Yet time after time liberal hypocrites like tailgator and others can berate our President yet when taken to task the response is...."it's only a joke" :(

The only joke in politics today is the demokRATic party :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 15 2004, 10:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 15 2004, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 10:42 AM
    [b] Hello&#33;&#33;

These are only jokes&#33;

Once again tailgator shows the utmost and best in liberal hypocrisy.....see, when I go after a Hitlery clinton, weasley clark or lurch, (aka John Kerry) well I&#39;m just a nasty, mean-spirited conservative.

Yet time after time liberal hypocrites like tailgator and others can berate our President yet when taken to task the response is...."it&#39;s only a joke" :(

The only joke in politics today is the demokRATic party :D [/b][/quote]
    You mean you were only joking around?

In that case ok.

Please stop using that term you have for Hillary Clinton. If you don&#39;t like her that&#39;s one thing but that name crosses the line. You&#39;re continued use of that term makes it impossible for your shreiks of hypocracy to be taken seriously.

BTW...5-ever and the other rational conservatives, hasn&#39;t the time come to condem Comeback&#39;s ugly namecalling? Afterall, if your going to so strenuously object everytime I make an insulting remark about the president or vice-president shouldn&#39;t you object to the things Comeback posts about the democrats?

I&#39;m very willing to drop the namecalling if you guys commit to doing the same. How about it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Yet time after time liberal hypocrites like tailgator and others can berate our President [/b][/quote]

He is not our president, we didn&#39;t vote for him and neither did the majority of the voters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tail - I was kidding too, lighten up.

Section - he IS your president. Clinton never got a majority of the votes either. In every election Clinton won, more people didn&#39;t vote for him than did vote for him...ditto with Bush.

I don&#39;t like the electoral college any more than the next guy, but that&#39;s the way the game is played.

The only other solution, it seems, would be to implement direct democracy, where whoever gets more aggregate votes, regardless of states, etc, would win. However, many people have contended in the past that this plan would marginalize too many smaller states and rural areas and thus they would not get represented fairly, since they wouldn&#39;t be a targeted demographic during elections.

I don&#39;t know what the answer is and do agree that our current system has almost as many flaws as it does virtues. However, it is pretty neat, IMO, that the people directly pick who the leader is...it&#39;s not that way in too many other places.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 11:10 AM
    [b] Tail - I was kidding too, lighten up.

Section - he IS your president. Clinton never got a majority of the votes either. In every election Clinton won, more people didn&#39;t vote for him than did vote for him...ditto with Bush.

I don&#39;t like the electoral college any more than the next guy, but that&#39;s the way the game is played.

The only other solution, it seems, would be to implement direct democracy, where whoever gets more aggregate votes, regardless of states, etc, would win. However, many people have contended in the past that this plan would marginalize too many smaller states and rural areas and thus they would not get represented fairly, since they wouldn&#39;t be a targeted demographic during elections.

I don&#39;t know what the answer is and do agree that our current system has almost as many flaws as it does virtues. However, it is pretty neat, IMO, that the people directly pick who the leader is...it&#39;s not that way in too many other places. [/b][/quote]
    The electoral college is needed or the big city&#39;s of this country would dictate everything and Johnny Farmer in rural America would have no say. And section, as I&#39;ve said before, put some of that so-called intelligence to use.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 15 2004, 11:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 15 2004, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Jan 15 2004, 10:49 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 10:42 AM
    [b] Hello&#33;&#33;

These are only jokes&#33;

Once again tailgator shows the utmost and best in liberal hypocrisy.....see, when I go after a Hitlery clinton, weasley clark or lurch, (aka John Kerry) well I&#39;m just a nasty, mean-spirited conservative.

Yet time after time liberal hypocrites like tailgator and others can berate our President yet when taken to task the response is...."it&#39;s only a joke" :(

The only joke in politics today is the demokRATic party :D [/b][/quote]
    You mean you were only joking around?

In that case ok.

Please stop using that term you have for Hillary Clinton. If you don&#39;t like her that&#39;s one thing but that name crosses the line. You&#39;re continued use of that term makes it impossible for your shreiks of hypocracy to be taken seriously.

BTW...5-ever and the other rational conservatives, hasn&#39;t the time come to condem Comeback&#39;s ugly namecalling? Afterall, if your going to so strenuously object everytime I make an insulting remark about the president or vice-president shouldn&#39;t you object to the things Comeback posts about the democrats?

I&#39;m very willing to drop the namecalling if you guys commit to doing the same. How about it? [/b][/quote]
    Dude...they were as much an attempt at jokes as your posts have been that continually berate the President and his cabinet.

BTW: nice try at driving a wedge between the Republicans on this board...you are a great democRAT :lol: .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 11:17 AM
    [b] Dude...they were as much an attempt at jokes as your posts have been that continually berate the President and his cabinet.

BTW: nice try at driving a wedge between the Republicans on this board...you are a great democrat. [/b][/quote]
    If you agree to dump the namecalling I will to.

OK?

BTW... I agree w/ you in regards to the Electoral College.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 15 2004, 11:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 15 2004, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 11:17 AM
    [b] Dude...they were as much an attempt at jokes as your posts have been that continually berate the President and his cabinet.

BTW: nice try at driving a wedge between the Republicans on this board...you are a great democrat. [/b][/quote]

OK?

BTW... I agree w/ you in regards to the Electoral College. [/b][/quote]
    Fine...I&#39;m willing to give it a whirl but tell your friends bitonti the same and ditto for section and his mindless hate-America conspiracies.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 15 2004, 11:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 15 2004, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 15 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 11:17 AM

OK?

BTW... I agree w/ you in regards to the Electoral College. [/b][/quote]
    Fine...I&#39;m willing to give it a whirl but tell your friends bitonti the same and ditto for section and his mindless hate-America conspiracies. [/b][/quote]
    This is sorta like brokering a deal between the Isrealies and the Palastinians.

Why don&#39;t you and I just focus on raising the tone of our own posts and keep higher standards. I know I need to raise the civility level of my posts, and I&#39;m determined to do so.

The rest will sort itself out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys aren&#39;t going to start making out, are you? :(

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 15 2004, 11:38 AM
    [b] You guys aren&#39;t going to start making out, are you? :( [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m a Republican.....I don&#39;t believe in being a homo (not that there&#39;s anything wrong with it :lol: )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question my friend bought some lunar real estate, now i&#39;m serious here. if we build a base on the moon do they have to check nad make sure some one didn&#39;t buy that spot for 15 bucks a couple of years ago. And if they do land on "someones" property can they be sued for trespass :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    govjetz your friend bought a fancy piece of paper. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: