Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem Debate

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone watch this? He was asked a question about monetary policy and gave the most incoherent, rambling, nonsensical answer I have ever heard a politician give. He clearly, clearly has no f-ing clue about this issue. I was literally embarassed for him. He said "ummm' about three dozen times.

It was right after he ribbed Dean about Dean's outburst in Iowa.

I have to agree with Tailgators - Kerry is just heads and shoulders above these morons. .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but no one manipsinapes Sharpton or his family.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shaprton and Kucinich should fight to the death to see who gets to keep running.

Serioulsy, that a person like Shaprton-convicted tax cheat, slanderer, paid FBI informant, campaign cash scammer-can run without anyone mentioing his hustler background and cash in pocket MO says a great deal about the Dems and their complete indifference to integrity. Knock Bush all you want. If a white REpublican had these credentials, he'd never get this far.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to pick one of these guys I'd say Lieberman would get my vote.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bit, immediate post-debate analysis has Clark hurting himself big time by not taking the opportunity to distance himself from Michael Moore's claim that Bush is a deserter.

While Clark seems like a nice enough guy, I would enjoy EXTREME satisfaction if fatass slob Michael Moore's slanderous lies actually played a significant role in crippling his endorsed candidate's chances.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's to distance?

Bush is clearly a deserter. there's nothing slanderous or false about that. He *****ed out of Nam.

im sure wesley clark has a great deal of respect for a man whose daddy got him out of Vietnam... and then went AWOL for the entire year of 1972 when he tried to transfer from Texas Air Natl Guard to Alabama... its a fact that Dubya punked out of Vietnam.

just cause you and other bush supporters don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.

meanwhile Wesley (as a captain) was deep in the s**t, taking bullets but still leading young men to victory in very serious firefights. His bravery won him a Silver Star.

--

Clark still has some fight in him... if he can beat Dean out for second place in NH (not unthinkable) and shows strong in the south carolina primary he could steal the nomination. How candiates play in the heartland will dictate the nomination.

bottom line i don't seriously believe that a mass democrat will be able to win a general election (unless he has the charisma of JFK).

make no mistake i'd back a greasy mud hog before voting for Bush.

--

FWIW that was a BORING debate and i don't know if ANYONE made strides. it was like watching the paint peel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Did anyone watch this? He was asked a question about monetary policy and gave the most incoherent, rambling, nonsensical answer I have ever heard a politician give. He clearly, clearly has no f-ing clue about this issue. I was literally embarassed for him. He said "ummm' about three dozen times.
    [/b][/quote]

Did anyone quiz him on leaders of other countries?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bitonti - it's one thing for YOU to call Bush a deserter on a message board. It's an exaggerated dig.

It is quite another for a serious candidate for President to indulge in that kind of unsupported nonsense in a public forum. Jennings asked him twice to clarify and he waffled like a fool. Also - Clark got USED when he was confronted with his own words about the Iraq invasion.

You are an Angry young person who hates Bush, so of course you don't mind this climate of debate. The problem for Clark is that all that deserter stuff only appeals to people who are already decided...he's preching to the choir, like Ann Coulter or Michael Moore. The far fringes of both parties are entrenched and this sort of thing alientates middle of the road voters.

Clark literally pulled rank on Kerry this week. 'Well, he's only a Lt, while I was a GENERAL!" We KNOW you're a General, do you have anything else to say?

People just get turned off by that crap. I think that's why he's not doing as well in the polls. Well, that, and he is blatantly hypocritical in his back-tracks and his RIDICULOUS claim that women should be able to have abortions even after their contractions begin and their water has broken.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:08 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Did anyone watch this? He was asked a question about monetary policy and gave the most incoherent, rambling, nonsensical answer I have ever heard a politician give. He clearly, clearly has no f-ing clue about this issue. I was literally embarassed for him. He said "ummm' about three dozen times.
    [/b][/quote]

Did anyone quiz him on leaders of other countries? [/b][/quote]
    Section - do you respect Al Sharpton?

The funniest thing about that Hiller interview with Dunya is that every politican, Gore included, admitted that they wouldn't have know the answers to most of those questions either.

That interview ended up helping Bush more than hurting him.

Keep up the cooky crap and backing candidates who sigh during debates. All it does is marginalize your side even more.

Dean was literally talking about voting machine conspiracies and Krugmanesque nonsense the other day. Can't you guys see how loony your party has become?? Honestly...are you guys happy with the current direction of your party? Do you EVER turn that laser-like insight and skepticism on to the people YOU support, or do you simply believe that GOP = evil and Dem = 100% good?

I will bash Bush when I feel he deserves it. How about some sober criticisms of you party??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clark still should have made a firm answer on it, like I said in the other thread. Bush AWOL is not just some screaming leftist fabrication, there are missing records and multiple accounts -- and *****ing about Howard Dean's sealed governorship documents doesn't make a sitting Commander in Cheif's war and military records irrelevant.

I have a hard time believing Clark really doesn't know or care about this issue, like he said in his answer, though I DO agree with him that there are dozens of issues facing America that are a lot more important than who went skiing, who went AWOL, and who got 555,643 purple hearts in Nam.

He should have either cited the sources of the claim and lack of refuting response from Bush to this day -- and then possibly downplayed it, OR took his chance claiming it's blatantly false as intimated by the guy who asked him that question. His answer was too meandering and dodgy, much like Bush and Rove's amazing ability to dodge this charge through much of the 2000 campaign without ever providing any documentation to disprove it once and for all.

[url=http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/3671]http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/3671[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]It is quite another for a serious candidate for President to indulge in that kind of unsupported nonsense in a public forum. Jennings asked him twice to clarify and he waffled like a fool. Also - Clark got USED when he was confronted with his own words about the Iraq invasion.[/b][/quote]

Unsupported? Show me an article from a non-right wing publication that repudiates that claim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 11:09 AM
    [b] Bitonti - it's one thing for YOU to call Bush a deserter on a message board. It's an exaggerated dig.

It is quite another for a serious candidate for President to indulge in that kind of unsupported nonsense in a public forum. [/b][/quote]
    5ever its not an exaggerated dig its the truth. Like i said just cause you and other Bush supporters choose not to believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

my man Clark made some rough statements RE: abortion that i will admit were misguided and outright wrong... but at least i'm honest that it happenned...

why can't Bush supporters face the truth about what their man did in 1972? his pops tried to get the record expunged but that doesn't change what happened.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bitonti -

Was Bush honorably discharged from his services or not? Oh....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey libs, here's a question for you? (I'm sure your answers will just overwhelm us with your brand of bassackwards logic)

If Wesley Clark or John Kerry are more deserving of the presidency than Bush because they took bullets and Bush "libbed out" in the Texas National Guard, then....

Shouldn't George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole, both decorated WWII heroes, deserved the presidency much more than Bill Clinton -- a deserter of Vietnam that protested the war in Red Square?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Dean was literally talking about voting machine conspiracies and Krugmanesque nonsense the other day. Can't you guys see how loony your party has become?? Honestly...are you guys happy with the current direction of your party? Do you EVER turn that laser-like insight and skepticism on to the people YOU support, or do you simply believe that GOP = evil and Dem = 100% good?
    [/b][/quote]

Voting Machine conspiracies? Ever hear of a company called Diebold? There internal memos were leaked to the public and they were pretty damaging. The CEO is a Bush supporter who guarunteed he would do everything in his power to give Bush the election. One of Diebolds touchscreen machines had Gore at
    -16,000 votes. Their technicians have installed unauthorized "patches" to the machines during election days. Read all about it at [url=http://www.blackboxvoting.org/]http://www.blackboxvoting.org/[/url]

[quote][b]Section - do you respect Al Sharpton?
    [/b][/quote]

No, I don't support Sharpton or Leiberman or Edwards.

[quote][b]Shouldn't George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole, both decorated WWII heroes, deserved the presidency much more than Bill Clinton -- a deserter of Vietnam that protested the war in Red Square?
    [/b][/quote]

We weren't at war with any evil-doers at that point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 11:27 AM
    [b] Bitonti -

Was Bush honorably discharged from his services or not? Oh.... [/b][/quote]
    5ever

when your daddy is the head of the CIA you'd be surprised what can occur.

if a regular joe pulled that s**t they'd be in the brig and you know it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] Hey libs, here's a question for you? (I'm sure your answers will just overwhelm us with your brand of bassackwards logic)

If Wesley Clark or John Kerry are more deserving of the presidency than Bush because they took bullets and Bush "libbed out" in the Texas National Guard, then....

Shouldn't George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole, both decorated WWII heroes, deserved the presidency much more than Bill Clinton -- a deserter of Vietnam that protested the war in Red Square? [/b][/quote]
    First of all weeb, Clinton never demonstrated against the Vietnam war in Red Square. That assertion of yours is a total fabrication, and I don't care what right wing link you'll dig up on it.

Secondly, while military service is honorable it isn't a necessary component to being a good or even a great president. The greatest president of the 20th Century Franklin D. Roosevelt, never served a day in the armed forces yet he was among the best wartime presidents in the history of the nation.

In the case of Senator Kerry his service in Vietnam is something to be proud of. It also checks any type of potential attacks against his patriotism from the right wing lunatic fringe.

In my view it's Kerry's energy policy alone that distiguishes him from the field democratic candidates and certainly will make him a much tougher opponent for President Bush this coming fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] If Wesley Clark or John Kerry are more deserving of the presidency than Bush because they took bullets and Bush "libbed out" in the Texas National Guard, then....
    [/b][/quote]
    im not making that assertion... just talking about what's true and what's not.

in fact i don't think anyone else said that either... you made that assertion not me.

NOTE to [b]5ver[/b]: notice that Weeb knows what really happened...

in fairness to Weeb we bash heads alot but i gotta give you credit on several points... at least you bring up the point that oil might be worth fighting for (heck the way our economy is set up, it is) ... and other such truths that the administration and many of its supporters won't admit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Section [/b] - We WERE at war with evil doers during Clinton's Presidency, he just didn't realize it or do anything about it.

Yes - I knew you'd talk about Diebold. You continue to be a cartoon character.

Honestly - what is so bad about your life that you have to believe in every ridiculous conspiracy theory? Don't you realize how ridiculous you sound? Why do you think Dean has plummeted so far so fast? Hint: It's because he entertains ridiculous conpsiracy theories and parrots the lunatic fringe of the left that you clearly call home. Advice - try reading something other than Michael Moore, Paul Krugman, Noam Chomsky and Al Franken. You may learn something.

You honestly bragged about getting a 1300 on your SATs at one point - are you serious?? It is HILARIOUS to me that someone can be arrogant about a score like that, or even take it that seriously....

Bitonti - Bush was not a "deserter" - that is a gross exaggeration and you know it. It'd be like a pacifist calling Kerry a "baby-killer" because he killed people in Vietnam.

I find it hilarious that guys olike you will literally listen to Michael Moore without EVER even considering the possibility that he may be less than truthful, yet are willing to believe that Saddam was just mking cookies.

That may be unfair, but that's how the vast majority of Americans feel about the lunatic left and Iowa proved it. The charges against Bush are literally laughably absurd.

I am a guy who is pissed off at him, but you guys are honestly embarassing. Seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever i never needed Michael Moore to tell me what i already know:

Bush wasn't where he was supposed to be during the vietnam conflict.