Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil war in Iraq?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    at least that's what CIA agents on the ground are fearing

[url=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/7766725.htm]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/...ion/7766725.htm[/url]
    [url=http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-13/107475488788910.xml]http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/b...75488788910.xml[/url]

and MANY other sources

---

ok so lets summarize

you have the Shi-ites who are roughly 2/3 of the population clamoring for DEMOCRACY (ironically enough). 100k protested baghdad last week and another 30k protested Bosra.

you have the long abused Kurds who are basically carving out their own nation in the north (including oil fields in Mosul and Kirtuk) whether anyone likes it or not

and you have the previously elite Sunni's who are waiting for the other shoe to drop...

what does all this add up to?

to put it mildly a far less rosy picture than the President painted in his SoU speech.

stay tuned... the saga continues :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, maybe if you're lucky, the Taliban and Al Queda will regroup in Afghanistan.

Then, for your hat-trick, terrrorists will successfully attack America again.

Bush will be swept out of office and General Clark, puppet of the UN, will step in and get the opportunity to right all the wrongs in America and the rest of the world. Hell, he probably has a plan to turn back time and catch Adolf Hitler too.

Bless you, bitonti -- you are a true, American patriot!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to get REALLY bad over there when those millions and millions of refugees that everyone predicted would materialize start causing problems.

Oh, right, there were no refugees....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b] It's going to get REALLY bad over there when those millions and millions of refugees that everyone predicted would materialize start causing problems.

Oh, right, there were no refugees.... [/b][/quote]
    Or WMD&#39;s. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 23 2004, 11:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 23 2004, 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b] It&#39;s going to get REALLY bad over there when those millions and millions of refugees that everyone predicted would materialize start causing problems.

Or WMD&#39;s. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I know - he was making cookies witth all of that componentry and everyone in the world was lying about his capabilities for years, including both of your heroes, Kerry and Clinton and every intelligence agency in the world.

Let me ask you this - did it bother you when Clinton unilaterally attacked Iraq illegally based on faulty and hyped intelligence, killing many innocent Iraqi civilians?

Oh, riiiiiiight.....

FYI - Clinton has actually come out and defended Bush on the WMD thing, in case you have any shred of integrity...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no where did i say i wanted this to happen... im just reporting the news and wanted to see what you guys thought about it...

are these reports founded on fact? will civil war happen, won&#39;t it happen etc?

if youd rather act like *******s that&#39;s dissapointing but not surprising. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]if youd rather act like *******s that&#39;s dissapointing but not surprising.[/b][/quote]

At least Come Back to NY hasn&#39;t been weighing in lately.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jan 23 2004, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jan 23 2004, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jan 23 2004, 11:18 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b]
    Or WMD&#39;s. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I know - he was making cookies witth all of that componentry and everyone in the world was lying about his capabilities for years, including both of your heroes, Kerry and Clinton and every intelligence agency in the world.

Let me ask you this - did it bother you when Clinton unilaterally attacked Iraq illegally based on faulty and hyped intelligence, killing many innocent Iraqi civilians?

Oh, riiiiiiight.....

FYI - Clinton has actually come out and defended Bush on the WMD thing, in case you have any shred of integrity... [/b][/quote]
    5-ever... I see I touched a nerve. The fact of the matter is that in March 2003 Iraq didn&#39;t have WMD&#39;s. It&#39;s very slick of you to try and change the subject or spread the blame for the current Iraq fiasco. However, the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of President Bush.

Question my integrity all you want but you were the one who said that you&#39;d be really p-d off if there were no WMD&#39;s found in Iraq. Well here we are a year later and so far there&#39;s been nothing from you.

Whether you like it or not UNSCOM, Hans Blix and Scott Ritter were all correct when they pointed out that in fact the WMD&#39;s Iraq was known to have had in &#39;97 and &#39;98 were destroyed in the intervening years and that the bio-toxins simply reached their expiration date and became inert material.

Anyway you slice it, 12 months ago Bush&#39;s primary justification for invading Iraq was the threat posed by the so-called WMD&#39;s they had. Hell, he even offered to let Saddam remain in power if he&#39;d just hand them over to us. Now one year later the search for WMD&#39;s came up empty. That&#39;s pretty bad. Especially since so many of our soldiers were killed in this effort.

5-ever, if you don&#39;t acknowledge the fact that Bush&#39;s February 2003 WMD&#39;s justification has proven to be false then your not very honest.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] [quote][b]if youd rather act like *******s that&#39;s dissapointing but not surprising.[/b][/quote]

At least Come Back to NY hasn&#39;t been weighing in lately. [/b][/quote]
    Like everything else you post on this board....wrong again jackass&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

[img]http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/images/title_header.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Like everything else you post on this board....wrong again jackass&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

You know I was just kidding. I love your insight, without it I would have no motivation to try anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Like everything else you post on this board....wrong again jackass&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

You know I was just kidding. I love your insight, without it I would have no motivation to try anymore. [/b][/quote]
    I should actually take it as flattery that you libs track my movement. I must be a threat to you libs...you have to post of how I haven&#39;t weighed in for a while...one guy wants to know why I don&#39;t post on the football board and a third is counting the number of times I mention the name of blowjob bill clinton on the board (I believe we are up around 250x).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so... does anyone have a comment on the CIA&#39;s concern? no one???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 09:20 PM
    [b] so... does anyone have a comment on the CIA&#39;s concern? no one??? [/b][/quote]
    bit...Part of me would like to see the U.S. withdraw and just let them duke it out among themselves. However, now that Iraq is rudderless the U.S. has a moral obligation to help maintain order there and protect the innocent and defenseless Iraqi citizens.

George Bush has really gotten us into a quagmire in Iraq and I&#39;m concerned that as of today there aren&#39;t any really good solutions for that nation.

It&#39;s a total fiasco&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:19 PM
    [b] George Bush has really gotten us into a quagmire in Iraq and I&#39;m concerned that as of today there aren&#39;t any really good solutions for that nation.

It&#39;s a total fiasco&#33; [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s funny how you libs want to equate the situation in Iraq with Vietnam (a conflict a liberal President was totally responsible for; getting us involved and then fighting it in a half-assed manner) and use words such a "quagmire" (a common term to describe Vietnam) to describe it.

Yet while the situation may not be all peaches and cream it is anything but a "quagmire" as they are talking about elections and the goverment of Iraq taking over power soon...something that would&#39;ve never happened in a millenium had the libs had there way, sat on their fat asses, done nothing about at all and let Hussien stay in charge. What a joke&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jan 23 2004, 10:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jan 23 2004, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:19 PM
    [b] George Bush has really gotten us into a quagmire in Iraq and I&#39;m concerned that as of today there aren&#39;t any really good solutions for that nation.

Yet while the situation may not be all peaches and cream it is anything but a "quagmire" as they are talking about elections and the goverment of Iraq taking over power soon [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;ll be elections and a self-governing Iraq soon?

What do you consider soon?

I&#39;ll make a bet with you that two years from today regardless of who&#39;s in the White House that on January 23, 2006 an election date in Iraq will still be nowhere in sight.

In every way shape and form Iraq is a quagmire.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 23 2004, 10:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 23 2004, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Come Back to NY@Jan 23 2004, 10:28 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:19 PM

Yet while the situation may not be all peaches and cream it is anything but a "quagmire" as they are talking about elections and the goverment of Iraq taking over power soon [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;ll be elections and a self-governing Iraq soon?

What do you consider soon?

I&#39;ll make a bet with you that two years from today regardless of who&#39;s in the White House that on January 23, 2006 an election date in Iraq will still be nowhere in sight.

In every way shape and form Iraq is a quagmire. [/b][/quote]
    yes...we&#39;d be much better off today had we left it status qou like the libs would&#39;ve preferred&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:36 PM
    [b] yes...we&#39;d be much better off today had we left it status qou like the libs would&#39;ve preferred&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well, the families of the 500+ soldiers who were killed in Iraq would sure be better off. I bet they would probably choose to still have their sons alive.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jan 23 2004, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jan 23 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jan 23 2004, 10:36 PM
    [b] yes...we&#39;d be much better off today had we left it status qou like the libs would&#39;ve preferred&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well, the families of the 500+ soldiers who were killed in Iraq would sure be better off. I bet they would probably choose to still have their sons alive. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sure we all would and not to trivialize it but they are soilders and soilders unfortunately die in war.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    war isn&#39;t something that should be entered into lightly

the nation wasn&#39;t threatened by saddam

religous zealots will control Iraq be it next week or next year or 10 years from now

its one thing to go down defending the homeland from Hitler or Hirohito

but the 500+ US soldiers who died in Iraq did so for NO REASON. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 24 2004, 03:59 PM
    [b] religous zealots will control Iraq be it next week or next year or 10 years from now
    [/b][/quote]
    This statement says it all. Liberals and Democrats are the true racists.

I guess all "sand monkeys" are the same, eh bit?