Thread: Another shining beacon of hypocricy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

An icon of the Loony Left strikes again.

[quote][b]AL FRANKEN KNOCKS DOWN DEAN
    HECKLER

By VINCENT MORRIS

January 27, 2004 -- EXETER, N.H. - Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.

The tussle left Franken's trademark thick-rim glasses broken, but he said he was not injured.

Franken - who seemed in a state of shock and out of breath after the incident - was helped back to his feet by several people who watched the tussle. Police arrived soon after.

"I got down low and took his legs out," said Franken afterwards.

Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. "I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally," he said.

"I'm neutral in this race but I'm for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down."

The trouble started when several supporters of fringe presidential candidate Lyndon Larouche began shouting accusations at Dean.

Franken emerged from the crowd and charged one male protester, grabbing him with a bear hug from behind and slamming him onto the floor.

"I was a wrestler so I used a wrestling move," Franken said. [/b][/quote]

So let me get this straight Al. You are such a rabid supporter of freedom of speech that you will resort to physically attacking someone who is exercising their, uh...FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

I almost feel bad picking on the Left lately. They are so bitter, confused, hypocritical and so far off the deep end, it's almost like picking on mental patients.

[url=http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/16692.htm]Franken tool[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Jan 27 2004, 08:25 PM
    [b] An icon of the Loony Left strikes again.

[quote][b]AL FRANKEN KNOCKS DOWN DEAN
    HECKLER

By VINCENT MORRIS

January 27, 2004 -- EXETER, N.H. - Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.

The tussle left Franken's trademark thick-rim glasses broken, but he said he was not injured.

Franken - who seemed in a state of shock and out of breath after the incident - was helped back to his feet by several people who watched the tussle. Police arrived soon after.

"I got down low and took his legs out," said Franken afterwards.

Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. "I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally," he said.

"I'm neutral in this race but I'm for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down."

The trouble started when several supporters of fringe presidential candidate Lyndon Larouche began shouting accusations at Dean.

Franken emerged from the crowd and charged one male protester, grabbing him with a bear hug from behind and slamming him onto the floor.

"I was a wrestler so I used a wrestling move," Franken said. [/b][/quote]

So let me get this straight Al. You are such a rabid supporter of freedom of speech that you will resort to physically attacking someone who is exercising their, uh...FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

I almost feel bad picking on the Left lately. They are so bitter, confused, hypocritical and so far off the deep end, it's almost like picking on mental patients.

[url=http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/16692.htm]Franken tool[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Shakin, man you are too smart to let this surprise you...don&#39;t you know the left believes in free speech <_< (but only for those who think like them or agree with them ;) )

You got to remember man, its&#39; only hateful Republicans like you or I who want to repress people&#39;s right to speak freely.

And should I ever see fat-assed Michael Moore-on in person, then tackle his fat-ass to the ground and proceed to pummel his pathetic face you can bet the headlines would read "Crazed right wing supporter beats the sh&#33;t out of objective movie maker&#33;"

All League
    Thats pretty bad for Franken, but have any of you guys witnessed a Larouche supporter? These people have been traveling around DC the last few weeks assaulting me as I exit the metro (subway). They are freaken crazy and make absolutely no sense. Larouche even paid for a 30 minute infomercial during The Simpsons&#33; Now that was the last straw.

Either way Franken was obviously wrong, even though those people are completly nuts they still have the right to speak their mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Franken was dead wrong and Larouche is a f-ing freak.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This is the guy who is going to take liberal talk radio to the masses. Yep, they picked the best of the best there, didn&#39;t they....

hey shakin if heavily drug addled Rush Limbaugh can be an icon why can&#39;t stuart smally lose control and do a radio show?

the amount of Oxy&#39;s Rush was taking per day was beyond junkie level. 10000 Hillbily Heroins will f--k you up.

not saying what this loser did was right or smart (howard dean is a loser as well)

but i am saying those in glass houses shouldn&#39;t throw stones.

last time i checked the bar was set pretty low for political pundits.

Maybe next time Dean can take a page from Bush and set up "free speech zones" a mile away so there won&#39;t be any dissent or ridiculous WWF stunts someone in his audience decides to take upon themselves.

:rolleyes:

Once again, I see no hypocrisy whatsoever here -- you know goddamned well that if Michael Savage or Dennis Miller *****-slapped some bearded hippie with a "free mumia and leave saddam alone", Shakin, Weeb, and ComeBack would be laughing their asses off and posting it here as a token of pride.

Same deal with Dean&#39;s "you&#39;ve had your say, it&#39;s my turn" thing a few weeks ago ... if George W. Bush did that exact same thing to an obvious loony left heckler at one of his speeches (assuming they weren&#39;t all quarantined in those &#39;free speech zones&#39;, of course), the rightwing chorus here would praise it as another sign of his "unwavering, bold, moral conviction" and great leadership.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jan 28 2004, 12:01 PM
    [b] hey shakin if heavily drug addled Rush Limbaugh can be an icon why can&#39;t stuart smally lose control and do a radio show?

the amount of Oxy&#39;s Rush was taking per day was beyond junkie level. 10000 Hillbily Heroins will f--k you up.

not saying what this loser did was right or smart (howard dean is a loser as well)

but i am saying those in glass houses shouldn&#39;t throw stones.

last time i checked the bar was set pretty low for political pundits. [/b][/quote]
    bit, you guys cried like schoolgirls when demonstrators were moved down the street away from Bush. So now Al Franken [b]physically assaults [/b] a demonstrator, and your only comment is "yeah, well Rush Limbaugh pops pills."

Weak man....weak

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Jan 28 2004, 12:09 PM
    [b] bit, you guys cried like schoolgirls when demonstrators were moved down the street away from Bush. So now Al Franken [b]physically assaults [/b] a demonstrator, and your only comment is "yeah, well Rush Limbaugh pops pills."

[/b][/quote]
    Is Al Franken in the Secret Service or some other governmental agency?

I don&#39;t think so.

BIG DIFFERENCE&#33;

No, Franken&#39;s a private citizen and if he truly assaulted someone he ought to face the consequences.

On the other hand, the Larouche idiot&#39;s right to free speech weren&#39;t violated either. In America you do not have the absolute right to heckle. If you choose to heckle someone at a politcal gathering or any other type of public assembly you&#39;re violating their right to free speech, and they have a right to ask you to leave. Failing that, they can call the authorities and have you forcebly removed.

Hall Of Fame
    I think we have an instance where both sides were wrong in their actions.

Fully expected from a LaRouche supporter, not expected whatsoever from a man trying to be the radio voice for Liberals everywhere.

Both bashed their rights. Franken quelled freedom of speech by his assaultive actions, and Larouche&#39;s supporters overstepped their rights by interfering and interrupting with an organized gathering.