Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OFFICIAL NHL DISCUSSION THREAD

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a joke? Hasek comes out of retirement, the Wings to my dismay, crap all over CuJo, treat him like dirt, and then Hasek calls it quits for the season, making CuJo the man once again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    DiPietro was friggin' unconscious last night! Just wait until the Isles get their two top scorers back in the lineup...rested and healthy in time for the playoffs...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And as of this morning, with a nice whupass of the Devils (hi Jumba&#33, Antero "Frank" Nittymaki now has a 3-0 record as a starter and 1.0 GAA after an emergency callup from his AHL day job.

Get ready for a home-n-home sweep, skirt fans!!!

I wish Clarke and Hitchcock had the balls to just ride this guy out, but it still shows promising signs for the future -- if we don't trade him like we did Oulett and the last 3 half-decent under-30 goalie prospects for oversized overaged forwards that Bobby loves so much.

Hey Gun, I heard Jeff Hackett is looking for a job if he ever fixes that Vertigo thingy. How steep is the ceiling at the Joe? Though I suppose flying squid doesn't help with disorientation... :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You got a nice little lead in the standings there, JSJ, but do you really think you'll hold it this time? We have 3 games in hand. Talk to me in a month or so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=71...945&hubName=nhl

As expected. Gary Buttman's NBAification of a once great league continues to hemmorhage money rather than earn it back for the 'real' fans. $273 million in debt? Lockout can't come soon enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 12 2004, 03:57 PM
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=71...945&hubName=nhl

As expected. Gary Buttman's NBAification of a once great league continues to hemmorhage money rather than earn it back for the 'real' fans. $273 million in debt? Lockout can't come soon enough.
    Hockey's doomed....Islanders will win the Cup this year....and defend it in 2006.

I can save Hockey....make the season 25 games long and everyone makes the playoffs.....nothing....I mean NOTHING is more exciting night in, night out....than playoff hockey.....Lord Stanely's Cup is the hardest trophy in all of sports to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet Set Junta@Feb 11 2004, 11:58 AM

Hey Gun, I heard Jeff Hackett is looking for a job if he ever fixes that Vertigo thingy. How steep is the ceiling at the Joe? Though I suppose flying squid doesn't help with disorientation... :lol:
    :lol:

It's way up there. And since the Wings goalie carosel is spinning so fast, that won't help him much.

As for the lockout, bring it on. Something needs to change, the league is bleeding out of its pores. Gary "The NBA, it's fantastic" Bettman has ran this league into the ground. Now the GMs are getting together and discussing some of the most ridisulous rule changes in history.

3ft Wide blue and red lines?

Goalie can't play the puck behind the goal line?

What the hell is that about?

The only thing I agree with is reigning in the goalie equipment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What's this now? Langenbrunner is getting his legs back? You're all doomed! :o

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Feb 16 2004, 11:05 AM
    What's this now? Langenbrunner is getting his legs back? You're all doomed! :o
    LOL

Meanwhile, back on Detroit, we've went from 3 goalies, totalling $17 million in payroll, to a backup goalie, with one out for the season and one out for 2 weeks. We need Derrian Hatcher back like you can't believe. If I watch one more game and do not see someone on the Wings actually hit someone violently, I will puke.