Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 JI mock

The draft faces it's first dilemma and the commish {Jetlag} is at work

MGF is back on the clock ... he was on the clock yesterday and never made an appearance ... we used the enitre 5 hours then LAG made his pick ... MGF has not been seen since ... do we blow another 5 hours today ... is it safe to assume the man is away for the weekend?

Just thinking out loud ... only the commish can make this call, and that ain't me

Patman, I think the Henson deal is valid in this mock cause the Texans still have ONE WEEK to consumate a trade ... the Texans GM {in this mock} was given the same opportunity and GOT IT DONE

Bitter
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 09:44 AM
    Patman, I think the Henson deal is valid in this mock cause the Texans still have ONE WEEK to consumate a trade ... the Texans GM {in this mock} was given the same opportunity and GOT IT DONE
    If there is a problem with the Henson deal then by all means we can reverse it. But he IS NOT available for just anyone to take either.

Rookie
    What is the problem? If someone is questioning the Henson deal, why not come out and state your issue. Don't hide behind your mommy :o

I think the Henson deal is a great deal and it is a ligit deal that may happen before draft day.

Originally posted by exiledinjersey@Jan 31 2004, 10:27 AM
    What is the problem? If someone is questioning the Henson deal, why not come out and state your issue. Don't hide behind your mommy :o
    EX, it was stated in the DRAFT BOARD THREAD ... I simply took it over here cause Jetlag wants to keep the board thread clean for PICKS ONLY ... but Patman brought the issue out in the open

That aside, I see no problem with the trade

My only problem with the draft so far is that has been funked up by a missing GM. I thought we would be into round two already.

Originally posted by James Hasty@Jan 31 2004, 11:09 AM
    My only problem with the draft so far is that has been funked up by a missing GM. I thought we would be into round two already.
    Makes no sense that we kill another 5 hours waiting for the funk to arrive :lol:

But seriously ... the man hasn't been seen in two days ... we already killed 5 hours waiting for him to miss one pick ... why would we repeat the same mistake?

I sent the man a PM this morning and he's obviously not around

If I was the commish, I would have no choice but to pull the plug on this pick ... continuing to wait makes no earthly sense

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 12:26 PM
    ... continuing to wait makes no earthly sense
    I hear you. It makes as much sense as a monkey ****ing a football.

In an attempt to rush the podium I sent my pick to the GM. Hopefully that will get things rolling.

Bitter
    Why not do the draft like real life. A person gets a time limit. If he doesn't pick by then, we move on. Then when that person backs he can jump in at any time and take his player.

I don't get it ... folks hang around all day, but they split when they go on the clock ... JH, what's up with that, bro?

At this rate the actual draft will be starting when we're still in the 2nd Rd :lol:

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 02:34 PM
    I don't get it ... folks hang around all day, but they split when they go on the clock ... JH, what's up with that, bro?

At this rate the actual draft will be starting when we're still in the 2nd Rd :lol:
    JH took Ben Roethlisberger, he sent it to me via PM.

altoon, You're on the Clock!

I sent altoon a PM telling him so.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 02:34 PM

Like I said, I sent my pick in before I split.

"Go Funk Yourself"

Bitter
    Hell yeah, Wilfork at number 10. He would immediately improve that Texans defense. I think their offense is already good enough.

Nice pick Husker Texans would love to land Wilfork.

I wonder what the Jets will do at 12 with Roy and Reggie off the board? DJ?

Bitter
    Tommie Harris to the Jets huh? I'm not seeing the need there. I thought most the consensus was if you were going to draft a DT it was going to be a run stopper. I don't think a 280 lb. DT is going to fill that void.

Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 31 2004, 11:13 PM
    Tommie Harris to the Jets huh? I'm not seeing the need there. I thought most the consensus was if you were going to draft a DT it was going to be a run stopper. I don't think a 280 lb. DT is going to fill that void.
    I didn't like the Harris pick either. I am not sure he was even the best DT available.

I like the Harris pick ... he's a consensus TOP 10 PLAYER at a premium position

Also, Drob is 320 Pounds ... Harris would make a nice compliment

If Drob was 290 it would be a problem ... can't have two smallish DT's ... but one 320 Guy and one 290 Guy is doable

Also, Harris a young pup with room for growth ... came out as a Junior ... he will easily reach 300+

Bitter
    But what about all of the young linebackers and corners that were still available? You have to admit LB and Secondary are much bigger needs than D line.