Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 JI mock

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 31 2004, 10:41 PM
    But what about all of the young linebackers and corners that were still available? You have to admit LB and Secondary are much bigger needs than D line.
    Bro, the draft is not only about needs ... the draft is also about value

If the NEED PLAYERS are not the BAP Value Players ... then you have a choice to make

Take the Greater Value at the position of lesser need, or reach for the position of Greater need ... I'll always take the BAP when faced with that choice

The BUST Graveyard is littered with reaches

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is I don't think a player like Gamble would be a reach at 12. You guys need a top notch corner like now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vikings are TICKED that Will Smith is off the board.

We were hoping to Draft Will, keep Kevin Williams at DE, and start calling him 'Jazzy'.

Two of the three players on top of my wish list still there....

Slide baby, slide....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 31 2004, 10:52 PM
    The thing is I don't think players like Gamble would be a reach at 12. You guys need a top notch corner like now.
    Gamble is not a TOP 12 Player ... not in my books ... unlikely this dude even starts as a rookie

My TOP 12 Guys {with the exception of QB's} have to be immediate starters

Heck, I pretty much feel the same way about ALL 1st Rounders

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you think this 280 DT will be an immediate starter on a Jets D line that is already chock full of first round draft picks? I think I would have traded down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 31 2004, 11:59 PM
    And you think this 280 DT will be an immediate starter on a Jets D line that is already chock full of first round draft picks? I think I would have traded down.
    Trading down was the right move for the Jets but in a mock draft it is tough to do. That being said, there were better players than Harris available.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 31 2004, 10:59 PM
    Tommie Harris is a Super-Blue Chipper ... TOP 10 Player in numerous rankings ... we would be nuts to pass on this player for a CB or a LB ... none of the CB's or LB's are ranked ahead of Harris ... and Harris WILL contribute as a Rookie on obvious passing down ... inside player who can really get upfield in a hurry

May not start as a rookie, but he'll make a serious contribution ... and the upside is immense

IMO, Impact Players in the trenches are invaluable ... I believe it all starts up front

Evans is a veteran with problems ... Fergy is JAG {Just Another Guy} ... Harris has a chance to be special

Drob & Harris COULD BE the beginnings of a dominant D-Line ... I live for building a dominant front-four

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't misunderstand me ... Gamble could be an absolute stud ... I just don't believe he carries a higher ranking than Harris or Smith

Once the run on CB's and LB's begins {real soon}, Gamble is right near the top of that pack

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woods is a great pick for the Raiders.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Feb 2 2004, 10:25 PM
    Woods is a great pick for the Raiders.
    Thanks...

The Raiders are building a bright future quickly...

No Fitzgerald with the second pick no panic

Manning and Woods for many years to come...

Al Call me...I'm waiting by the phone...I could use a GM job.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bout them Patriots. In the first round I have improved my offense by trading for Travis Henry and made an already great LB group younger by selecting Vilma.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Woods and Troupe back to back!

Leave some talent for the rest of us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seahawks are looking to move up earlier in the 2nd round..............If someone is looking to move down, shoot me a PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn i was about to take Straight before Jetlag changed his pick, I was 2 seconds away from submitting it when I noticed he had changed. I was also about to take Carey for Arizona with the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Indianapolis Colts are interested in moving to the secon round. If anyone is interested please respond.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So for kicks I went over to a Raiders Chat Board and actually registered and posted that I made 2 picks in the 1st round and that I chose two quality players:

1a. Eli Manning
    1b. Rashaun Woods.

I also gave them the trade that was made...

2nd, 5th, and 7th round picks to move up to get woods...

The response was that the Raiders don't need a WR...

Am I mistaken or on every board in the world, aren't the Raiders projected to pick Larry Fitzgerald.

My opinion is that Woods will be better than either of the Williams players...so when he was on the board late and I could get him I did just that...went after what was needed.

As for Manning, Only 1 person asked did I give a look at Taylor, which I stated before the pick I thought hard, but couldn't pass up a franchise QB for a S...

Also, I ask this...How many Safeties have carried there teams to Super Bowls have been picked with a top 5 pick, Vs. QB's?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleed Green, they're idiots I'd be thrilled with those picks. Although I do have to admit, defense is a huge concern for the Raiders. They were worse then us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning & Woods is quite a haul ... only dopey Raider fans would fail to see what kinda coup you pulled off

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 3 2004, 11:36 PM
    Manning & Woods is quite a haul ... only dopey Raider fans would fail to see what kinda coup you pulled off
    Just for Kicks. I thought you would like to see one of the greatest quotes I found showing that Raider Fans have no clue about football...It makes me glad that at least on our boards everyone knows something about the game. Even the lowsey Patriot fans that come here know what they are talking about...

He was talking about trading Down with the Steelers in the 1st round and getting a LB...Then he mentions the 2nd round pick

This is a cut and paste from their Mock Draft Board, a guy with over 300 posts said this.

Gildon will help us at LB, but isnt he on the other side of his career.

I also didn't know the Bucs would be picking for us. They better not screw us.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houston's defense is looking better and better by the minute. First Wilfork now Ware at Safety.