Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2004 JI mock

Bitter
    Where in the hell are some of you coming up with these players? Roderick Green? I looked up and down 3 of my charts and he was nowhere to be found. This is about the 3rd. time I have came across a player that I didn't even see listed.

Bitter
    Hmmm...nevermind, I found Roderick Green on my list. But I still have had a few guys that weren't listed.

Originally posted by huskeralk@Feb 18 2004, 11:04 PM
    Hmmm...nevermind, I found Roderick Green on my list. But I still have had a few guys that weren't listed.
    Look for underclassmen that have declared. If your list is old, they might not be there.

Rookie
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Feb 18 2004, 08:18 PM
    Wow, you want to talk about value. Keyaron Fox was a value pick in the third round and I snagged him in the fifth. :o
    Husk, I am crying. I almost pulled the trigger on Fox in the 4th round, but went OLine instead. I really thought I had a chance of stealing him in the 5th, great selection.

Rookie
    I am starting to feel pretty good about what the Steelers have been doing to keep up with their in conference rival Browns.

Draft Recap:

Pre Draft Trade- QB Drew Henson
    1. RB Steven Jackson
    2. CB Nathan Vasher
    3. OT Carlos Joseph
    4. OG Adrien Clarke
    5. OLB Kendyl Pope

Not bad for a first time GM(props to the "friends" for the Joseph pick while I was away)

Originally posted by exiledinjersey@Feb 19 2004, 12:18 AM
    I am starting to feel pretty good about what the Steelers have been doing to keep up with their in conference rival Browns.

Draft Recap:

1. RB Steven Jackson
    2. CB Nathan Vasher
    3. OT Carlos Joseph
    4. OG Adrien Clarke
    5. OLB Kendyl Pope

Not bad for a first time GM(props to the "friends" for the Joseph pick while I was away)
    Except for Clarke (excellent value where he was taken) all of the Steelers picks hit their needs on the head. Given the way that the Browns have stacked their OL / TE, DL might be a need for the Steelers that didn't exist before the draft.

Rookie
    Originally posted by James Hasty+Feb 19 2004, 12:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (James Hasty @ Feb 19 2004, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--exiledinjersey@Feb 19 2004, 12:18 AM

Draft Recap:

1. RB Steven Jackson
    2. CB Nathan Vasher
    3. OT Carlos Joseph
    4. OG Adrien Clarke
    5. OLB Kendyl Pope

Except for Clarke (excellent value where he was taken) all of the Steelers picks hit their needs on the head. Given the way that the Browns have stacked their OL / TE, DL might be a need for the Steelers that didn&#39;t exist before the draft. [/b][/quote]
    It is funny you say that. For fun I looked at your picks and was thinking the same thing about going to offense in the 5th. But I did not see a WR that would crack the top 4 on the Steelers list or a TE that I had rated anywhere near Pope so I resisted the urge. I think both these teams would be happy if the draft played out anything close to this one OOPS I think I misread your post(late night and all) I was looking to match your strengths not defend against them. Oh well, maybe we can pick up a unsigned free agent DL to make the team

Jetlag may have the steal of DAY TWO ... or at least one of the biggest steals on DAY TWO

DT Tim Anderson in the 5th ... Whatta Heist

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 22 2004, 03:32 PM
    Jetlag may have the steal of DAY TWO ... or at least one of the biggest steals on DAY TWO

DT Tim Anderson in the 5th ... Whatta Heist
    Thanks GJ&H, I was a shocked he was still there for the Chargers who need help on defense like you couldn&#39;t believe.

Here&#39;s my Chargers draft so far.

1) WR Larry Fitzgerald (still the best player in the draft even with M. Williams)
    2a) DT Darnell Dockett
    2b) LB Dontarrious Thomas
    3) TE Ben Utecht
    4) LB Alex Lewis
    5a) C Alex Stepanovich (going to move him OG)
    5b) DT Tim Anderson

I already know what I&#39;m doing with those last next 2 picks, hopefully no one decides to be a wise guy.