Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 JI mock

Wow Jetlag thats a curveball! Nice pick.

Is there a time limit on picks?

Yes, for intents and purposes 5 hours but lets try not to take that much time. It's only that long for people who are workingor at school and may not be able to reach a computer for a little.

Hall Of Fame
    nice pick

jetlag is there a time limit on individual picks though does bleedgreen have until a certain time?

Originally posted by Jetlag@Jan 30 2004, 02:10 PM
    Yes, for intents and purposes 5 hours but lets try not to take that much time. It's only that long for people who are workingor at school and may not be able to reach a computer for a little.
    LAG, I have a suggestion for a rule ... I've used it myself in the past

If an ON THE CLOCK GM is seen on the board or leaves a post ... and he fails to submit a pick before leaving ... he automatically forfeits his pick

IMO, that is just being inconsiderate of others ... no reason whatsoever to not check the board, see if you're on the clock, and make a pick if you are ON THE BOARD

JMO

BTW, Love the Fitzgerald pick

The Fitzgerlad pick puts Da Raiders in a tough position IMO. Robert Gallary anyone?

I agree i dont even think greenblood is online..just give him manning and move on

Chill guys hes barley like an hour into his 5 hours of being on the clock. We have alot of time to do this draft. Lets give people a fair shake.

We'll give everyone a chance to pick, I'm not going to pull the plug on anyone short of their alloted time limit.

Rookie
    Thanks, I agree. GJ&H's rule would kill potential deals. What if the guy whose turn it is logs on and sees his potential trading partner is not there. He has to stay online until that guy comes back. What is the big rush. I say keep it the way it is. I am only going to use my time if I am working on a deal or pulled away from the PC

Jetlag,

I knew the curve ball was coming, so I was trying to trade down, and there were no takers...or I should say noone responded...

I really thought hard about taking Taylor, but I think 2nd pick is to high, and the likes of Manning only come along once in a while, so with the suprise TO signing that took place this is a great spot for the Raiders future.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Bleed Green@Jan 30 2004, 04:36 PM
    Jetlag,

I knew the curve ball was coming, so I was trying to trade down, and there were no takers...or I should say noone responded...

I really thought hard about taking Taylor, but I think 2nd pick is to high, and the likes of Manning only come along once in a while, so with the suprise TO signing that took place this is a great spot for the Raiders future.
    i cant see the raiders as a player for TO with their cap situation...besides i was ready to use the same defense for the eagles pick

not to say Eli was a bad pick though. it was the right move

Originally posted by exiledinjersey@Jan 30 2004, 04:33 PM
    Thanks, I agree. GJ&H's rule would kill potential deals. What if the guy whose turn it is logs on and sees his potential trading partner is not there. He has to stay online until that guy comes back. What is the big rush. I say keep it the way it is. I am only going to use my time if I am working on a deal or pulled away from the PC
    Also keep in mind that many of us keep getting kicked off the board lately.

Originally posted by soppel+Jan 30 2004, 04:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soppel @ Jan 30 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bleed Green@Jan 30 2004, 04:36 PM
    Jetlag,

i cant see the raiders as a player for TO with their cap situation...besides i was ready to use the same defense for the eagles pick

not to say Eli was a bad pick though. it was the right move [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t see them going to the TO sweepstakes, but I thought I would save face and rationalize the pick...I also had to rationalize with myself not taking Taylor.

Imagine Larry Fitzgerald and LaDanian Tomlinson on the SAME TEAM&#33;&#33; That would be outright insane. Drew Brees, hell Ryan Leaf, could make it to the playoffs every year with them two.

Originally posted by Jetlag@Jan 30 2004, 05:08 PM
    Imagine Larry Fitzgerald and LaDanian Tomlinson on the SAME TEAM&#33;&#33; That would be outright insane. Drew Brees, hell Ryan Leaf, could make it to the playoffs every year with them two.
    Now they just need a Coach that can lead them to the playoffs and win a couple of big games...

With the #3 pick the Cardinals took Sean Taylor, with a huge hole in the saftey slots. It basically boiled down to Gallery or Tayor so we decided to take the best defensive player in the draft and help out this defense. Some could say it is a reach but we feel that Taylor is at least the 3rd best player in the draft maybe even higher than that.

Originally posted by StonerJet 63@Jan 30 2004, 05:38 PM
    With the #3 pick the Cardinals took Sean Taylor, with a huge hole in the saftey slots. It basically boiled down to Gallery or Tayor so we decided to take the best defensive player in the draft and help out this defense. Some could say it is a reach but we feel that Taylor is at least the 3rd best player in the draft maybe even higher than that.
    Can&#39;t blame ya there. He is Unbustable, plain and simple.

The top of this board is already much different than anyone expected ... but the rational for the picks are all solid and the BAP Value has been up to snuff

One can make a strong argument {and I would} that the first three players off the board are the first three players {regardless of position} in an overall rankings of this class

Not what anyone could have expected, but good job thus far ... and the rationale for the picks makes sense too me

McGown is a nice young player ... it is not unrealistic to suspect he can become a really good QB ... and Sean Taylor possesses all-world talent

Brees still has a shot to develop ... still a relative pup ... and Fitzgerald is the mother of all studs

And with Rich Gannon being a thousand years old, Manning to the Raiders makes perfect sense