Thread: Yankees looking to deal...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not overly impressed with Helms, although he does play for a poor Brewers team. But is he a .270 hitter, fair # of HR's and RBI's, with some speed, and a very good glove? I'm not sure.

I would love for Myrow to get a shot. He has a very good eye (around 100 walks last season) and has power and a very good on-base average. I saw a few games of his last season, and he fielded everything, although I didn't see enough of a sample to get a real feel for his abilities in the field. But he can flat out hit.

Maxman
    Myrow was 27 hitting against guys much younger. I don;t see it happening for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 2 2004, 10:38 PM
    Myrow was 27 hitting against guys much younger. I don;t see it happening for him.
    I hear you. I just would like for him to get a shot. He can't be any worse then Almonte or Tyler Houston, and Lamb can hit a bit, but is a poor fielder at 3rd. Kevin Brown and Lieber are ground ball pitchers, and if Myrow is the best fielder at 3B, I hope he gets a shot to win the job.

Maxman
    Originally posted by mbn007+Feb 5 2004, 08:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Feb 5 2004, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maxman@Feb 2 2004, 10:38 PM
    I hear you. I just would like for him to get a shot. He can&#39;t be any worse then Almonte or Tyler Houston, and Lamb can hit a bit, but is a poor fielder at 3rd. Kevin Brown and Lieber are ground ball pitchers, and if Myrow is the best fielder at 3B, I hope he gets a shot to win the job. [/b][/quote]
    Gotcha...and that is fair enough. Here is what I want out of 3B this season:

A guy who knows how to play baseball. Someone who knows the fundamentals of the game. A guy that can drop down a situational bunt when needed.

The Yankees don&#39;t need another guy who can hit 25 home runs. They do need a guy who has a good glove and doesn&#39;t strike out. A contact hitter who can bat 9th and advance the runners when needed.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn&#39;t be able to find someone to do that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Maxman@Feb 6 2004, 12:55 PM
    The Yankees don&#39;t need another guy who can hit 25 home runs. They do need a guy who has a good glove and doesn&#39;t strike out. A contact hitter who can bat 9th and advance the runners when needed.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn&#39;t be able to find someone to do that.
    I hope they don&#39;t think Houston or Lamb is that player, since neither one has shown that ability so far.

Sometimes I think Almonte will develop at #B. His size is more suited for 3B than SS. He seems to have decent range, but his throwing leaves something to be desired, at least from SS.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........I don&#39;t know.