Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: LAG ... RULES

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lag, can you post all the rules when you get a chance ... somewhere you wrote "one trade per team" but I thought the rule was "two"?

    Anyhow, if you can post the rules there can be no misunderstandings

    Thanks

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 05:55 PM
    Lag, can you post all the rules when you get a chance ... somewhere you wrote "one trade per team" but I thought the rule was "two"?

    Anyhow, if you can post the rules there can be no misunderstandings

    Thanks
    It was one and it got changed to two. If you read through the predraft threads it is there somewhere.

    As far as other rules go I know not to talk about fight club. I am not sure if there are any others.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Jan 31 2004, 04:57 PM
    It was one and it got changed to two. If you read through the predradt threads it is there somewhere.

    As far as other rules go I know not to talk about fight club. I am not sure if there are any others.
    Thanks JH ... found'em {see below}

    Rules:
    1) We'll be doing all 7 rounds.
    2) 2 Trades per team.
    3) You have 5 hours to make your selection or else it will be made for you.

  4. #4
    Bitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    9,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think if someone isn't here to make their pick they should be passed over then they can pick whenever they get back. I don't know if I like the idea of someone else picking for these guys. I think that player should still be available for the next guy since he was devoted enough to actually be around for his pick.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 05:59 PM

    3) You have 5 hours to make your selection or else it will be made for you.
    Unless there is some confusion, then we will just let you pick whenever you want.

    I can't believe I am actually going to say this, but I agree with Husker (not about the Pats being one of the best teams in the past 25 years), but if your not there for a pick, pass over them and let them pick when they come back...Just like the Vikings...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bleed Green+Jan 31 2004, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bleed Green @ Jan 31 2004, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 05:59 PM

    3) You have 5 hours to make your selection or else it will be made for you.
    Unless there is some confusion, then we will just let you pick whenever you want.

    I can&#39;t believe I am actually going to say this, but I agree with Husker (not about the Pats being one of the best teams in the past 25 years), but if your not there for a pick, pass over them and let them pick when they come back...Just like the Vikings... [/b][/quote]
    That would throw off the value board ... you&#39;d have teams with higher picks taking players with lower value ... the mock would become a mockery

  7. #7
    Bitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    9,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 31 2004, 05:09 PM
    That would throw off the value board ... you&#39;d have teams with higher picks taking players with lower value ... the mock would become a mockery
    It&#39;s happened in the NFL the past two seasons. I just think thats more fair to the people that are here to make their picks.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Five hours is a long time for one pick. Especially since we are not counting 12AM to 7AM (Not sure but I think that is in the rules).

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I thought this thread was about me "ruling". :unsure:

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jetlag@Jan 31 2004, 06:54 PM
    Ah, I thought this thread was about me "ruling". :unsure:
    "I am in favor of a ruling society. Especially because I rule."

    Randall from Clerks

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Jan 31 2004, 05:20 PM
    Five hours is a long time for one pick. Especially since we are not counting 12AM to 7AM (Not sure but I think that is in the rules).
    Agreed ... two or three hours should suffice, tops

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since many people seem to use there full allotment of time or not show up to make their pick at all, can we change the trade rule to allow more trades?

    Not only do trades allow more opportunities to improve a team&#39;s draft but they also help to pass the time between picks. The trade rule does not seem to have helped speed up the draft at all.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Feb 3 2004, 09:08 PM
    Since many people seem to use there full allotment of time or not show up to make their pick at all, can we change the trade rule to allow more trades?

    Not only do trades allow more opportunities to improve a team&#39;s draft but they also help to pass the time between picks. The trade rule does not seem to have helped speed up the draft at all.
    I&#39;d like to keep this draft somewhat realistic. Teams don&#39;t make many trades these days and I think we should reflect that.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jetlag+Feb 3 2004, 09:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetlag @ Feb 3 2004, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--James Hasty@Feb 3 2004, 09:08 PM
    Since many people seem to use there full allotment of time or not show up to make their pick at all, can we change the trade rule to allow more trades?

    Not only do trades allow more opportunities to improve a team&#39;s draft but they also help to pass the time between picks. The trade rule does not seem to have helped speed up the draft at all.
    I&#39;d like to keep this draft somewhat realistic. Teams don&#39;t make many trades these days and I think we should reflect that. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s only because Jimmy Johnson isn&#39;t drafting anymore.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by James Hasty@Feb 3 2004, 08:12 PM
    I&#39;d like to keep this draft somewhat realistic. Teams don&#39;t make many trades these days and I think we should reflect that.
    That&#39;s only because Jimmy Johnson isn&#39;t drafting anymore.
    LOL&#33;&#33; :lol:

    But it&#39;s true .....

  16. #16
    Bitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    9,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what&#39;s the story? Are we only doing 4 rounds? I thought it was originally going to be 7 rounds but I only see 4 listed.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should make it 4 hrs for 2nd and 3rd, 3 hrs for 4th 5th, 2 hrs for 6th 7th. Speed this up a bit. Also there are cetrain people that have not made 1 pick yet, someone should talk to them and see whatt he deal is. Hell I&#39;ll take 3 teams if one of these guys dosen&#39;t wnat to be in it.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by StonerJet 63@Feb 4 2004, 03:44 AM
    We should make it 4 hrs for 2nd and 3rd, 3 hrs for 4th 5th, 2 hrs for 6th 7th. Speed this up a bit. Also there are cetrain people that have not made 1 pick yet, someone should talk to them and see whatt he deal is. Hell I&#39;ll take 3 teams if one of these guys dosen&#39;t wnat to be in it.
    Give me a 2nd team, if need be

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    BG, you make a good point ... not everyone has two teams {I DO} ... the folks who are not even showing up {i.e. FUNK} to make their picks should have their teams re-assigned to the GM&#39;s like yourself, who have only one team

    What say you, Lag?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us