Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry Jets fans

I have been a devoted Jets fan living in New England since 1980. Sometime around mid-season this year my devotion started to fade. Uninspired play, lack of creativity and pee-wee level tackling all started to wear on me. This was all on top of a rather embarrasing off season. I found myself doing other stuff on gameday and not really caring that I was missing the game.

Meanwhile, my hometeam Pats were winning, and winning alot. The entire team was contributing, including a few former Jets and some dude named Klecko. I found myself really starting to like this team that I have never cheered for, even though they are so damn convenient for me.

Meanwhile, back in Jetsville, the franchise QB was throwing 5 picks (more a sign of the state of the team than Chad himself), the lowly Bills looked like champs, and our team spokesman was slobbering drunk on national TV. And I was patiently waiting for my new Jets t-shirt that I won in the suicide pool, but like the team, it never showed up.

I made it through all the other tough times, but for some reason this one is different. Maybe it is because watching the Patriots doing everything right is showing me how far off the Jets are. And I do not see the team being even close to righting the ship anytime soon.

So I am officially throwing my support to the hometown team. This is not bandwagon jumping, it has been a long, well thought out move. I know I do not post here often, (I do visit almost every day) and probably none of you give a damn, but this is my goodbye as a Jets fan.

This hurts a little, but

P-A-T-S Pats Pats Pats

Give me a break, you act like this team killed your grandmother. Last year this horrendously run team beat the Pats and everyone else in the division. Jesus Christ, this was on one year and 11 teams were worse than us. We'll be back in due time. You can pull for the Pats in the super bowl, but switching sides is lame and you sir are lame. See you when we get a winning record.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:16 PM
    [b] I have been a devoted Jets fan living in New England since 1980. Sometime around mid-season this year my devotion started to fade. Uninspired play, lack of creativity and pee-wee level tackling all started to wear on me. This was all on top of a rather embarrasing off season. I found myself doing other stuff on gameday and not really caring that I was missing the game.

Meanwhile, my hometeam Pats were winning, and winning alot. The entire team was contributing, including a few former Jets and some dude named Klecko. I found myself really starting to like this team that I have never cheered for, even though they are so damn convenient for me.

Meanwhile, back in Jetsville, the franchise QB was throwing 5 picks (more a sign of the state of the team than Chad himself), the lowly Bills looked like champs, and our team spokesman was slobbering drunk on national TV. And I was patiently waiting for my new Jets t-shirt that I won in the suicide pool, but like the team, it never showed up.

I made it through all the other tough times, but for some reason this one is different. Maybe it is because watching the Patriots doing everything right is showing me how far off the Jets are. And I do not see the team being even close to righting the ship anytime soon.

So I am officially throwing my support to the hometown team. This is not bandwagon jumping, it has been a long, well thought out move. I know I do not post here often, (I do visit almost every day) and probably none of you give a damn, but this is my goodbye as a Jets fan.

This hurts a little, but

P-A-T-S Pats Pats Pats [/b][/quote]
    are we supposed to give a rats ass? if so, then what a cry baby

i live in maine and still remain loyal to the yankees/jets/knicks/giants nomatter how much they suck (or in the yankees case, how much theyre hated for winning) :rolleyes:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJJared[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:21 PM
    [b] Last year this horrendously run team beat the Pats and everyone else in the division. [/b][/quote]

Wow, another huge accomplishment, an AFCE title.

Keep those standards as high as the moon.

Someday you'll figure out that it means squat.

Hammer away.

Fact is, if your heart is not in into something, get the hell out and find something you enjoy. It is also very convenient for me. I get to see every game now that I am cheering for the local team. And there is no need to switch boards since this one is about 1/2 pats anyway.

Hey blackout, said right in my post that none of you would give a damn. Your executing your reading skills about as well as the Jets tackle.

Hall Of Fame
    I hope the door hits you really hard in the ass.

More than likely it will hit me about as hard as a Jets LB, probably will even tickle a little.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:29 PM
    [b] Hammer away.

Fact is, if your heart is not in into something, get the hell out and find something you enjoy. It is also very convenient for me. I get to see every game now that I am cheering for the local team. And there is no need to switch boards since this one is about 1/2 pats anyway.

Hey blackout, said right in my post that none of you would give a damn. Your executing your reading skills about as well as the Jets tackle. [/b][/quote]
    your executing your Bennedict Arnold skills, just like the Patriots head coach

I will gladly accept the comparison to Bellichick, the change has worked out rather well for the man.

The Pats may win tomorrow, but you'll still be a loser.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:34 PM
    [b] More than likely it will hit me about as hard as a Jets LB, probably will even tickle a little. [/b][/quote]

That's pretty funny.

I'll bet that tickle happened at least 8 yards downfield.

All League
    bjc15's epitaph

I resign as a F of NYJ

Stoker1 's epitaph

I was born and died a Jets fan

Forget the fact that he used to be a jets fan..take into consideration that this ass-clown changed teams on the eve of the super bowl.....he now roots for the super bowl favorite <_<

Do whatever you need to do to sleep better at night....

You know they say when the going gets tough.....the p*ssies leave in a hurry.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:45 PM
    [b] Forget the fact that he used to be a jets fan..take into consideration that this ass-clown changed teams on the eve of the super bowl.....he now roots for the super bowl favorite. [/b][/quote]

Hey Smizz- How many times have the Jets been Super Bowl favorites?

Sorry Smizzy, I have been pulling for the Pats since mid-season, The Jets game being the exception. And I&#39;m not coming out and cheering out loud the Pats at the party tomorrow night, it would not be right. And I won&#39;t be bragging to anybody if they win, I have not earned that right, but I will be happy if they win.

I&#39;ve been expecting this

It&#39;s only a matter of time before the rest follow.

Welcome aboard bjc15, you won&#39;t regret it......

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 31 2004, 07:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jan 31 2004, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:45 PM
    [b] Forget the fact that he used to be a jets fan..take into consideration that this ass-clown changed teams on the eve of the super bowl.....he now roots for the super bowl favorite. [/b][/quote]

Hey Smizz- How many times have the Jets been Super Bowl favorites? [/b][/quote]
    There is a super bowl favorite every year......whats you point?

This guy can make up all the excuses he wants.....truth is... he is a gutless coward...the worst kind of coward the yellow kind...the kind that would change sides in a fight just so he did&#39;nt get his ass kicked.....you can have him....i sure don&#39;t want him as a fellow fan....

Hall Of Fame
    p***y Patfag.

Get a purse, it fits you&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:50 PM
    [b] Sorry Smizzy, I have been pulling for the Pats since mid-season, The Jets game being the exception. And I&#39;m not coming out and cheering out loud the Pats at the party tomorrow night, it would not be right. And I won&#39;t be bragging to anybody if they win, I have not earned that right, but I will be happy if they win. [/b][/quote]
    I wish you all the best with your new team...........however as a fan of the team you used to root for....i say your gutless.....it&#39;s nothing personal.

I don&#39; t want you rooting for the jets half heartedly so go.........follow your heart <_< ...but never forget the fact your a band wagon jummper.....enjoy your super bowl party.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 31 2004, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jan 31 2004, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJJared[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:21 PM
    [b] Last year this horrendously run team beat the Pats and everyone else in the division. [/b][/quote]

Wow, another huge accomplishment, an AFCE title.

Keep those standards as high as the moon.

Someday you&#39;ll figure out that it means squat. [/b][/quote]
    Look I&#39;m not saying it&#39;s the most important thing ever, I&#39;m just saying this team isn&#39;t as incompetant as everyone thinks it is. Quit whining everytime someone brings up last year, I&#39;m just trying to say it&#39;s not as bad as it seems. Chill.