Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry Jets fans

All League
    Ha... too funny; not only do they have to come to some other team's website to get a glimpse of intelligent sports talk; they are now inviting bandwagoners to join them. Think this guy was "Cowboy-ing up" all baseball season; up until the bottom of the 8th in game 7?

Sure, the Pats are going to win tomorrow (and cover the spread and the over). Enjoy it while it lasts. And then you and the rest of NE will prove your ever-so-strong devotion to your Patsies by yelling "Yankees Suck" at your little parade. Sure it's a different sport, but what do you guys know anyway?

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:50 PM
    [b] I've been expecting this

It's only a matter of time before the rest follow.
    [/b][/quote]

Elvis, kinda like Charles Manson and Jim Jones?

Actually. I think baseball is a lame excuse for a sport. The only pleasure I get out of baseball is watching my Sox fan co-workers get all excited every year then having their guts ripped out. I hope that never changes.

Hey Stokes, can I borrow one of your purses for now, I won't have time to shop unitl after the big game.

Like Chad said If you don't believe get out go find yourself a new team. Fairweather fans are not welcome I'm glad to see you go we don't need fans like you supporting this team only when they do good. You are a disgrace to NFL fans around the globe, what a great time to jump on the Pats bandwagon while they are in the superbowl, you gonna come running back when the are back in the bottom of the AFC in a few years? Or are yo ugonna find yourself another team? If you can live through the 1-15 season you can go through the kind of season we had this year, bottom line is you were prolly always a closet pats fan. Ask the Pats fan on this board for a good Pats board im sure you can find one.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by StonerJet 63[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 08:02 PM
    [b] what a great time to jump on the Pats bandwagon while they are in the superbowl, you gonna come running back when the are back in the bottom of the AFC in a few years? [/b][/quote]

stoner- exactly how many years will that be?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:51 PM
    [b] the kind that would change sides in a fight just so he did'nt get his ass kicked..... [/b][/quote]
    As opposed to the kind that suffers thru one humiliating season after another, while making excuses as to why superior teams aren't so superior?

You know, the ones that launch excuses and phrases like "it was a fumble" and "the refs cheated" along with everybodys all time favorite " ...... "*"

Yea, what a tool...... ;)

Chad was right, and I no longer believe. For 20+ years I have been totally devoted to this team, but I never did sign a lifetime contract. I am truly sorry that I have dragged the NFL fan base down to such dreadful levels by deciding to root for the hometeam. I wish Stoner would have been here to point out the dire consequences of my decision prior to my change.

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis+Jan 31 2004, 08:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlyingElvis @ Jan 31 2004, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:51 PM
    [b] the kind that would change sides in a fight just so he did&#39;nt get his ass kicked..... [/b][/quote]
    As opposed to the kind that suffers thru one humiliating season after another, while making excuses as to why superior teams aren&#39;t so superior?

You know, the ones that launch excuses and phrases like "it was a fumble" and "the refs cheated" along with everybodys all time favorite " ...... "*"

Yea, what a t [/b][/quote]
    NO as opposed to the kind who has your back through thick and thin.....the kind that will take a beat&#39;n for you.........Maybe up there you don&#39;t have friends like that.....maybe the NE area are a bunch of snot nosed pucks who talk sh*t and NEVER back it up....

NO THANKS....you can keep him.......because when crunch time comes tomorrow and its close to going either way in the bowl..do you want to look over and see this guy sitting with you?

You don&#39;t......you want to make it a big deal"oh look at him he&#39;s switching sides"...only to rub it in.

NOBODY like this kind of guy.

Veteran
    Jetland, where the grass is always greener
    From bjc15, Sep 4 2003.

After the Chicago game last year I posted, "season is over, see you guys next year". Well the Jets thankfully proved me wrong but I decided to honor my post as a self punishment for giving up on my team too early. I never stopped lurking here and you guys and gals have done a great job keeping me informed and entertained. I will get frustrated like evryone else, but will never give up again.

Now that I&#39;ve got that out of the way,

Go Jets

Hmm, never give up again?

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis+Jan 31 2004, 08:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlyingElvis @ Jan 31 2004, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:51 PM
    [b] the kind that would change sides in a fight just so he did&#39;nt get his ass kicked..... [/b][/quote]
    As opposed to the kind that suffers thru one humiliating season after another, while making excuses as to why superior teams aren&#39;t so superior?

Yea, what a tool...... ;) [/b][/quote]
    You earned you title......and you will earn another tomorrow.....Congrats.

I never said you didn&#39;t.......

[quote][i]Originally posted by Rockaway Mike[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 07:56 PM
    [b] they are now inviting bandwagoners to join them. [/b][/quote]
    Why did you think we are here infiltrating your board Mike ?

Just look at us as "transitioners"....... :)

Nice work Brit, but it is not related. The difference this time is I said I am done with this team. In the post you dug up, I simply said I was done for the year and it was posted in the heat of the moment at the end of the Chicago game. Many others posted similar statements, but chose not to follow through with it.

Veteran
    Sorry Bro but you never were a true Jets fan in the first place. As you said its in your heart. Some times it sucks to be a fan of anything and some times its great Point being a fan cant just change teams. If you are a true fan to begin with. You are exactly what you say you are not a band wagon jumper. The reason you mention it is your own self guilt of knowing that you are a band wagon jumper. If NE was having a bad year then what, do you stay a Jets fan? I moved from NY to FL along time ago and I am surrounded by dolphin fans. Is does not matter how much they win or how convienant it is to watch the games. Being a Jets fan I hate the fish and could not route for them if they went to the super bowl 5 years straight. I could not start talking crap about the Jets tackling or any other negative things about them. Point is you never had it in you in the first place and since now that you get to see your buddies that backed there team for years even if they sucked now you want to join in the fun. Because its easier for you.How convienant of all the bad years we have had since 1980 you pick this one to jump and start talking smack. But you stayed here after we were 1 and 15? You prob. left the being a pats fan when Parcells came here took CMart and started winning.
    Please&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Bye Fair Weather Fan

[quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 08:23 PM
    [b] Your are right Brit, this all started last year. Thank you for bringing this back, it proves that I was starting to lose my desire to cheer for this team before the Pats started doing so well. I had a relapse last year when the team made the playoffs, but heck man, Chad mania was very addictive. [/b][/quote]
    So your basically saying that you would have left us last year when we were doing bad but we made the playoffs and you couldn&#39;t quit when we were winning...so you waited till the next time the team messed up to jump ship....wow atleast you admit you the WORST KIND OF FAN THERE IS......
    I have lost the little respect i had for these patsie fans when i saw how happy and how quick they were to welocme you.

It&#39;s funny...I see saying like "Fairweather Fan" and "Bandwangon Fan"...

I always say...You are born a fan of a team, you can&#39;t just jump teams...Cause for the rest of your life when someone asks who you support, you are always going to have to say it was the night before a Super Bowl that I started supporting them...Everyone will know the truth.

My 6 yr. old nephew said it best as we were going to the car after I took him to the Indy game (he now lives in Kentucky)...when a fan made a joke about him being a Jets fan he said "It&#39;s OK that they lost, I was born a Jets fan and I still love them"

I guess understands what it is to be fan....

[quote][i]Originally posted by blackout806[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] i live in maine and still remain loyal to the yankees/jets/knicks/giants nomatter how much they suck (or in the yankees case, how much theyre hated for winning) :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Nice to have another Mainer on the board, but you say you&#39;re a Giant and a Jet fan? Did you leave out a hockey team?

This is the kind of gutless coward that in 2 years when you ask him.....he will lie and say he was a patsie fan all of his life.

This is a complete waste of a sports fan...

Hall Of Fame

Yea, what a tool...... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Uhh, FE, how many Jets fans do you think do that? I mean, run around all over the place making excuses and dropping asterisks?

The only reason you see the asterisk is because you are here on a Jets board. I doubt ANY Jets fans care enough to go to PATS boards and drop the *, unless it&#39;s the week before we play each other and trash talk is the order of the day. On BOTH sides.

There&#39;s kind of a skewed perspective here. We all know your team is [i]currently[/i] superior to ours. You are the ones put Jets fans into the position of having to make so-called excuses about reffing, etc.

I think you all are getting a lot more sincere congratulations than you all gave US when Parcells was here and you had Carroll. Then it was non-stop Tuna abandonment bashing and sour grapes. I recall no congratulations when Bill was righting the ship, and making us respectable again. You&#39;d think just to have reasonably competent rivals again would have merited some good will.
    But that wasn&#39;t how it was, was it?

And frankly, altho I can speak for no one else, none of my seasons as a Jets fan have been "humiliating". Not even the Kotite Error. It&#39;s the human drama and it&#39;s ALL GOOD.

Watching the process unfold is what&#39;s fascinating. The talents, personalities, conflicts, decisions, plans whether mislaid or perfected, f&*k ups, rivalries, triumphs, disappointments.

So your team has [i]currently[/i] gotten it right.

Congratulations. And that&#39;s sincere.

But my guess is no one but the phony above is ashamed of being a Jets fan, or about to bail.

Wong Jayrad, the season BP and CurMar came to New York was one of the best times for me as a Jets fan. I honestly thought it was finally going to be good to be a Jets fan.

Smizz, I was Po&#39;d after the Bears game and said I was doen posting for the year, never said I had given up on the team. Hell, I had two TV&#39;s on that last weeks watching the end of the pats/dolphins game and the start of the Jets/Packers game. I NEVER gave up last year, I just got mad like everyone else did.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bjc15[/i]@Jan 31 2004, 06:16 PM
    [b] I have been a devoted Jets fan living in New England since 1980. Sometime around mid-season this year my devotion started to fade. Uninspired play, lack of creativity and pee-wee level tackling all started to wear on me. This was all on top of a rather embarrasing off season. I found myself doing other stuff on gameday and not really caring that I was missing the game.

Meanwhile, my hometeam Pats were winning, and winning alot. The entire team was contributing, including a few former Jets and some dude named Klecko. I found myself really starting to like this team that I have never cheered for, even though they are so damn convenient for me.

Meanwhile, back in Jetsville, the franchise QB was throwing 5 picks (more a sign of the state of the team than Chad himself), the lowly Bills looked like champs, and our team spokesman was slobbering drunk on national TV. And I was patiently waiting for my new Jets t-shirt that I won in the suicide pool, but like the team, it never showed up.

I made it through all the other tough times, but for some reason this one is different. Maybe it is because watching the Patriots doing everything right is showing me how far off the Jets are. And I do not see the team being even close to righting the ship anytime soon.

So I am officially throwing my support to the hometown team. This is not bandwagon jumping, it has been a long, well thought out move. I know I do not post here often, (I do visit almost every day) and probably none of you give a damn, but this is my goodbye as a Jets fan.

This hurts a little, but

P-A-T-S Pats Pats Pats [/b][/quote]
    bjc, I moved to Maine from Long Island in 1979 and have never stopped rooting for my Mets/Jets/Nets/Islanders. You should have jumped ship in 1980, not now. I&#39;m sorry but you get no respect from me. Coming out of the closet on the eve of an expected Super Bowl win isn&#39;t very courageous. How much satisfaction is there in rooting for a team at the top, the real joy of sports is watching a team crawl from the wreckage of a loser to become champions like the 1986 Mets. If the unthinkable happens and the clock strikes midnight on the Pats, do you become a Panther fan?