Thread: What about the Football?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong...
    I like the atmosphere of the Superbowl, but this has gotten way out of control. I mean, I've seen a boob cover ripped off a naked man on the field.

This is out - of - control.

God, I can only hope that when and if the Jets make it to the Big game, I don't have to put up with all this B.S.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta agree, that was the most piss poor half time show yet

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole pomp & circumstance including the 14 hour pre game show is entirely too much.

Even my wife who hates football asked me if they are actually playing football at the SB

But I have to say, the game itself was excellent for the last 3 quarters.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm beginning to think the whole Naked man streaker thing was a plant by the Pats. They took one of Brady's many "special" fans and asked him to run naked onto the field causing disruption that they could use to their advantage. I now believe this to be true, Since naked men and Tom Brady go hand in hand, you know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a streaker???

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: The last time I watched a hafltime show was about 15 years ago...I hate all the glitz and friggin glamour....I have no interest in anything but the game. Even the pre game hype is silly...all these entertainers with players jerseys on and they no nothing about the game. The only thing that concerns me is the game....nothing else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the "zillion dollar free throws" etc much more entertaining than a lipsynching teenybopper.

It's the "reality tv" of halftime entertainment.

Show me more of that and I'll tune in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about this during the game...If this was the Jets playing in the game, would I even be watching Janet Jackson, P Diddy, Nelly and all those other lunatics? No. I would probably shift over to the Jets radio broadcast, to hear what the announcers were saying about the game. I wouldnt want to give a single minute of attention to the crap going on down on the field. It [b][i]does [/i][/b]take away from the football game.

One other thing....Did anyone notice how many times that the players were slipping on the field? Do ya think it had anything to do with all that equipment that was used during the pre-game and halftime shows?

Congrats to the Patriots, they were the better team. Carolina was a worthy opponent.

One day, we will have our dream come true, Jets fans!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    amen.......

Sad, that so many people "watch" the commercials.

Commercial breaks are for using the bathroom or grabbing another brew.

Halftime is to get some more food, socialize, let the dog outside before the 2nd half starts again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Halftime, we had some chow and played a few hands of Poker, actually WACTHING the dreck they call a halftime show never even entered our minds...as for pre-game, since I don't care about either team or who was raised by their grandmother in some ****hole town, or who overcame their "dyslexia" (or stupidity) in H.S., or whos cousins pet died, we wacthed movies instead and went to a party for pregame....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: same goes for me.....no pre game or halftime foolishness....pretty boring....the game is enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't they do something at halftime like they do at the Oscars? You know, show tributes of HOF players, or clips of the past year, funniest NFL clips or something relating to....now here's a novice idea...FOOTBALL instead of lipsyncing pop tarts, bad taste and just overall doggy poo entertainment.

Sunday was one of the worst shows, just proves that MTV's act is tired-- all the songs and dancing was old-- not to mention offensive...good for the MTV awards crapola but not the Super Bowl. I'd like to see some class at halftime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ASH_1962[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:35 PM
    [b] The whole pomp & circumstance including the 14 hour pre game show is entirely too much.

Even my wife who hates football asked me if they are actually playing football at the SB

But I have to say, the game itself was excellent for the last 3 quarters. [/b][/quote]
    I was at a Super Bowl Party with about about another ten JETS fans and what we did was watch a tape of the NYJ 2002 season instead of that pre-game stuff.