Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox's decision

You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we'd hear it for six months.

Jets Insider VIP
    oh please

We just watched a Super Bowl game ....who the heck other than you is even thinking of Herm now?

sad the Panthers lost :(

Herm & THe Super Bowl?

Surely you jest ...

You beat me to the keyboard & took the words right out of my mouth.
    edwards would have been blamed for not taking the extra point. Leaving too much time on the clock for pats to score & for kicking the bal out of bounds.

I said it all year.....Eagles are the only team with more luck than Pats!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Fox made a major mistake by going for 2 twice and when it wasn't
    needed! My take Real Dumb!! Of course he has his Team in the
    Super Bowl in year 3 taking over a 1-15 Team! If Herm would have
    had a 1-15 Team he would have taken it to 0-16!! :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we'd hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

But when fox makes one, its horrible.

stop burying yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Herm would have mismanaged the clock and fumbled away any opportunity by that point in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by S.JerseyJETfan[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:39 PM
    [b] I said it all year.....Eagles are the only team with more luck than Pats! [/b][/quote]
    Geez, ya just watched a GREAT Super Bowl game between 2 excellent teams. They both had their share of luck and misfortune.

Excellent game

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: we just watched a friggin great superbowl...whats that got to do with Herm???? :blink:

It''s now the offseason and lets got the draft going as well as free agency.

Big blunders by Fox, boy if Herm did that I wouldn't even want to be on this board the next day.

so true

not to mention that John Fox was the guy everyone wanted to wait for to hire

"what a big mistake not hiring JOhn Fox, blah blah blah blah blah"

besides the 2 point conversion the offensive game plan was ridiculously bad in the first half

also the timeout they took with 1:42 was too early... left the PATS with a ton of time...

yeah ok he got to the super bowl and Herm didn't...

but the larger point is that besides Bellichek and Parcells there's a whole lot of nothin out there as far as HC go. all the "top" guys make HUGE mistakes every week.

Hall Of Fame
    Give me Fox and his staff any day of the week!!!!!!

this team is $12m under cap.

Kasay makes a decent kick and this game is in OT

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Sheesh this is sooo old...bring on the draft and free agency already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next season if we are 6-10 I'll bash the crap outta herm and the front office....the "new season" has just started (the important offseason) and I cannot wait for the draft.

All Pro
    3 things killed teh panthers yesterday -

going for 2 twice - teh first time was a waste - then because of that they needed the 2nd time

calling time out while driving for the TD with 1:45 to go - you need to kill as much time as possible -

and lastly that kick off out of bounds - i don;t know what happened there- squibb it - hit high - do something but keep it between the sidelines at all cost

Not to mention that everyone loves to jump on Herm because he is such a bad talent evalulator, waited so long to play Santana Moss etc.

What about Fox he had all of training camp to evalulate Delhomme and he started the year with Rodney Peete at qb.

TomShane
    Well, when I saw it, I thought "If Herm brings us to the Super BowlhUIOHiuohiloHLHj vjgvhyhg yhgvhkgvhyg yhyhgyh

Ahem

Well, when I saw it, I thought "If Herm brings us to the Super BowlH UJHUISGHUSHLJhnjlGHKSGkshg534FYGYFfgfGJFJGT%^&*$%^&jh vfgg jhjh hjjhhj

Ahem, sorry, I keep laughing, and then banging my head on the keyboard.

Well, when I saw it, I thought "If Herm brings us to the Super BowlgghKGBJKghkhkl yyyguyuuoi trtrtuui ggjiukuikyuky

Ah, screw it.

Hall Of Fame
    If Herm had gotten the Jets to the Super Bowl, then made a mistake that potentially cost the Jets the game. Yeah I'd be pissed, but next week I would be thrilled and excited about the team.

The Jets were 6-10 this year, the comparison is silly

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:43 PM
    [b] Of course he has his Team in the
    Super Bowl in year 3 taking over a 1-15 Team&#33; [/b][/quote]
    year 2.....he inherited the 1-15 team,,,this is only his 2nd year....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -dickkotite@Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]

stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players. [/b][/quote]
    Hello Boozer?? Fox got handed a Good Team at 1-15 but
    Herm got a lousy non playoff Team that was 9-7 the year
    before and in 99 Was a Super Bowl favorite&#33;&#33; And you said
    your not in the Hermophlie Spin Group??Your invitation will
    be coming shortly I&#39;m sure&#33;&#33; :lol: