Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Fox's decision

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[quote]Originally posted by -dickkotite@Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

    But when fox makes one, its horrible.


    stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

    Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players.[/b][/quote]
    Hello Boozer?? Fox got handed a Good Team at 1-15 but
    Herm got a lousy non playoff Team that was 9-7 the year
    before and in 99 Was a Super Bowl favorite&#33;&#33; And you said
    your not in the Hermophlie Spin Group??Your invitation will
    be coming shortly I&#39;m sure&#33;&#33; :lol:

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,970
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Feb 2 2004, 02:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Feb 2 2004, 02:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -dickkotite@Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

    But when fox makes one, its horrible.


    stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

    Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players. [/b][/quote]
    Expound on poor clock management by Fox at EOG?

    Are you referring to TO called?


    This was not a lock to score situation, wanted to make sure they had ducks in a row
    They scored on freaking 3rd and 8 and a great play by Jake at that.

    If they were on 5 yard line, different decision, there you milk clock as well.
    I was just glad they scored.

    Kasay F&#39;d it up.

  3. #23
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b] Ahem, sorry, I keep laughing, and then banging my head on the keyboard.
    [/b][/quote]
    Keep trying. I know the doctors said the outlook is not good. But you can knock some sense into that head of yours yet.

  4. #24
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Feb 2 2004, 02:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Feb 2 2004, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -dickkotite@Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

    But when fox makes one, its horrible.


    stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

    Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players. [/b][/quote]
    Hello Boozer?? Fox got handed a Good Team at 1-15 but
    Herm got a lousy non playoff Team that was 9-7 the year
    before and in 99 Was a Super Bowl favorite&#33;&#33; And you said
    your not in the Hermophlie Spin Group??Your invitation will
    be coming shortly I&#39;m sure&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Savage:
    Don&#39;t make me say this again. We are now called HERM NATION. Please get it straight.

    Boozer sorry about the mixup. Check your mail over the next few days. The paperwork should be arriving soon. Welcome aboard.

  5. #25
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Feb 2 2004, 02:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Feb 2 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Feb 2 2004, 01:14 PM
    [b][quote]Originally posted by -dickkotite@Feb 1 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Rocky Klever[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:33 PM
    [b] You see that Herm haters? Even Super Bowl coaches make the same stupid decisions. Simms was right, going for two changed the complexion of the game. But as usual you will all be quiet tonight. If this was Herm we&#39;d hear it for six months. [/b][/quote]
    so what u r admitting to in a nutshell is that when herm makes a questionable 2 pointer, its ok.

    But when fox makes one, its horrible.


    stop burying yourself. [/b][/quote]
    Not that I wanna speak for someone else, but I doubt that is what he is saying at all. Most of the people here who dislike Herm claim we should have taken Fox because he is a much smarter X&#39;s and O&#39;s guy. But by the end of that game what you saw from CAR was a bad gameplan that Dan Henning had to change on the fly to get any offense at all. Questionable 2pt conversion calls (Though I have said before and will now, the NFL bible on 2 pt conversions says if it is the 4th Q and you are down by 5 pts, you go for the 2 pt conversion to get within a FG). And horrible clock management at the end of the game.

    Bottom line, CAR always had a good D, even before Fox got there. They were basically a RB and QB away from being a contender and that&#39;s what Fox ended up getting handed to him. He did not work some kind of genius plan to get CAR where they are. Jut got them a couple key position players.[/b][/quote]
    Hello Boozer?? Fox got handed a Good Team at 1-15 but
    Herm got a lousy non playoff Team that was 9-7 the year
    before and in 99 Was a Super Bowl favorite&#33;&#33; And you said
    your not in the Hermophlie Spin Group??Your invitation will
    be coming shortly I&#39;m sure&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Savage I&#39;m not spinning anything. I&#39;m just merely pointing out that a coach who most here glorify as an X&#39;s and O&#39;s genious basically made all of the same errors Herm made but managed to do it all in 1 game.

    As far as the difference between the 1-15 Panthers and the 9-7 Jets:

    Like I said the 1-15 Panthers desperately needed a running back. Hell, I think they would have been decent last year if D Foster didn&#39;t have a microfracture of his knee cap. They also really needed a decent QB who wouldn&#39;t lose games for them, and they got that and more from Delhomme. Like I said, 2 players away from being a contender. A bad QB and running game is enough to make an otherwise good team 1-15.

    The Jets on the other hand are clearly in need of alot more than just 2. They needed CB&#39;s after Glenn and Coleman were relesed to the expansion draft. They needed a WR (maybe 2). They needed DT&#39;s, safeties, and OL-men.

    It is alot harder to find a pool of players than it is to sign a probowl RB and a backup QB that had alot of hype surrounding him. Delhomme was a risk and kudos to Fox and co for making it work. Again, I am not trying to necessarilly diminish what the Panthers and Fox have accomplished, nor am I saying what Herm did was better at all. I am just pointing out that Fox is not the absolute genious you make him out to be and quite frankly I don&#39;t feel the Jets would be in any different shape if Fox were here.

  6. #26
    I don&#39;t think Fox has been cap strapped since he arrived in Carolina either. When&#39;s the last time we were able to acquire someone like a Stephen Davis?

  7. #27
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think Fox has been cap strapped since he arrived in Carolina either. When&#39;s the last time we were able to acquire someone like a Stephen Davis? [/b][/quote]
    Curtis Martin.

  8. #28
    Umm, since Herm&#39;s been here. He&#39;s inherited Parcells spending binge.

  9. #29
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Feb 2 2004, 02:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Feb 2 2004, 02:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think Fox has been cap strapped since he arrived in Carolina either. When&#39;s the last time we were able to acquire someone like a Stephen Davis? [/b][/quote]
    Curtis Martin. [/b][/quote]
    Boozer keep putting the facts out there and we will revoke your Herm Nation membership.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b]
    Savage:
    Don&#39;t make me say this again. We are now called HERM NATION. Please get it straight.

    Boozer sorry about the mixup. Check your mail over the next few days. The paperwork should be arriving soon. Welcome aboard. [/b][/quote]
    HERMNATION Maxie?? More like ABOMINATION&#33;&#33; :lol:

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Feb 2 2004, 02:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think Fox has been cap strapped since he arrived in Carolina either. When&#39;s the last time we were able to acquire someone like a Stephen Davis? [/b][/quote]
    Curtis Martin. [/b][/quote]
    Boozer keep putting the facts out there and we will revoke your Herm Nation membership. [/b][/quote]
    See Max the Truth doesn&#39;t Hurt Bad does it?? ;) :P

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    2,411
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:51 PM
    [b] Fox is not the absolute genious you make him out to be and quite frankly I don&#39;t feel the Jets would be in any different shape if Fox were here. [/b][/quote]
    hmmmmm.....i think Fox&#39;s DC background would have served us better this year, no question.......
    I dont think Fox would have tolerated a DC running a system he wasnt comfotrtable with for 3 years...
    Plus Fox will sit a vet in a SECOND if they are not performing....and the players KNOW IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Hell, Peete got benched after first half of SEASON OPENER , and it wasnt injury related,,,Herm would NEVER have done that in 1st game to a 16 year vet Peete, NEVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

    plus,,,we would have Henning as OC ;)

  13. #33
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Feb 2 2004, 03:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Feb 2 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Feb 2 2004, 02:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t think Fox has been cap strapped since he arrived in Carolina either. When&#39;s the last time we were able to acquire someone like a Stephen Davis? [/b][/quote]
    Curtis Martin. [/b][/quote]
    Boozer keep putting the facts out there and we will revoke your Herm Nation membership. [/b][/quote]
    See Max the Truth doesn&#39;t Hurt Bad does it?? ;) :P [/b][/quote]
    The truth shall set me free.

    Since we are speaking freely today Savage I must say that todays wings are a little light on the BBQ sauce. Please see to it that this does not happen again.

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    969
    How&#39;s about that Fox was even a DC b4 and he made a bad call go figure :blink:

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:04 PM
    [b]
    Since we are speaking freely today Savage I must say that todays wings are a little light on the BBQ sauce. Please see to it that this does not happen again.[/b][/quote]
    Sorry Max I lost the Recipe, err Playbook Herm gave me..Wait
    till you see the Batch in Camp this year&#33;&#33; They be smoking and
    you be choking&#33;&#33; ;)

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:04 PM
    [b]
    Since we are speaking freely today Savage I must say that todays wings are a little light on the BBQ sauce. Please see to it that this does not happen again.[/b][/quote]
    Sorry Max I lost the Recipe, err Playbook Herm gave me..Wait
    till you see the Batch in Camp this year&#33;&#33; They be smoking and
    you be choking&#33;&#33; ;)

  17. #37
    let us keep this in perspective.

    fox made some questionable decisions, but he made them in the super bowl

    Herm makes questionable decisions every week and won 6 games.


    thats a BIG difference


    stop trying...............

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us