Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Reason the Jets can't be either of those teams

Practice Squad
    All we need is a few pieces on defense and maybe a big target at wide out and there is no reason i see for the jets not being able to be a super bowl contender. Maybe i'm seeing through green and white glasses though.

[quote][i]Originally posted by t_mac[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:43 PM
    [b] Maybe i'm seeing through green and white glasses though. [/b][/quote]
    my friend, you are indeed

A competent head coach and maybe a DC would be a great start..what do you think?

Practice Squad
    Well we don't know about the DC, maybe he will be a great coach. And we've made it to the playoffs 2 years out of herm's 3 years here. I'd say that's atleast competent.

Hall Of Fame
    we are so far behind Pats, it's sickening

ooops

Have to run to bathroom for 3rd time

Not going to make it, Oh Shi^

Hall Of Fame
    Uh, no. The Jets CS is far behind both of the teams we saw today this is laughable. Hot chick, though.

As the NFL Network commercial said (I may not have it precisely):
    Tomorrow, everyone will be undefeated.

The 2003 season is now in the past. Now we can look forward to 2004.

Let free agency and draft preparation begin!!

Jets are tied for first right now. We control out own destiny.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 AM
    [b] Uh, no. The Jets CS is far behind both of the teams we saw today this is laughable. Hot chick, though. [/b][/quote]
    John Fox didn't exactly put on a how to clinic today. Fox was very Martz-like. Never a good thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Don't forget, nobody thought New England would be stopped after their first Super Bowl, and look how much they fell. Football is a funny game, and anything can happen. The scary thing is, I dont think the Jets are the team to beat New England. Bills and Dolphins are better than the Jets. So even though the Patsies can fall, I doubt the Jets will rise.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 03:48 AM
    [b] Don't forget, nobody thought New England would be stopped after their first Super Bowl, and look how much they fell. Football is a funny game, and anything can happen. The scary thing is, I dont think the Jets are the team to beat New England. Bills and Dolphins are better than the Jets. So even though the Patsies can fall, I doubt the Jets will rise. [/b][/quote]
    Neither the Bills nor Dolphins are in much of a position either.

After week 1, Bledsoe looked shell-shocked for most of the season. Their defense played well, but their passing offense fell apart. When Moulds was hurt, no one took up the slack. It remains to be seen if Mularky will be able to fix this problem.

The Dolphins line is in need of an overhaul (though some of their problems were injury related, so that might help), they need a legit #2 WR, and a QB. Williams looked mortal this year, and didn't have that burst that he had last year. There are rumors of wanting to draft a QB early. If that occurs, the current starter would be constantly looking over his shoulder. Some Miami fans actually want to ditch both Jay and Brian. That would mean that even if they bring in a veteran journeyman, they'd have a new QB learning the offense.

The Jets meanwhile are one decent draft and a couple FA signings away. Get a legit WR (either FA or draft), a #1 corner (or a servicable zone corner for cover-2) and some more speed at LB and you might be all set (depending on your new DC). You guys get way too caught up in yards allowed when you should be looking at points allowed.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I`d like to see us win 3 in a row for starters forget the 15 the pats won ,and i`d like to see us not start the season 0-5 again . the difference is clear while we were losing almost every week HERM was saying i`m pround of these guys we`re getting closer to a win ,the patsy`s lose the first game ,getting their pants beaten off by the bills & we here from belicheck who was furious ,THIS STOPS RIGHT HERE AND NOW & it did ,thats the kind of coach we need here ,not HAMBURGER HERMY

[quote][i]Originally posted by AceBoy[/i]@Feb 1 2004, 11:52 PM
    [b] A competent head coach and maybe a DC would be a great start..what do you think? [/b][/quote]
    Amen!

The jets need an entire new defensive backfield and two new linebackers, a big receiver, and some improvement on the left side of the offensive line. It would take a miracle year of Front Office work to clear up the Jets problems, and Bradway has proven himself to be quite incompetent so far in three years.
    I would love the Jets to be one good offseason away, but with Bradway, you know it will be another terrible offseason

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 AM
    [b] Uh, no. The Jets CS is far behind both of the teams we saw today this is laughable. Hot chick, though. [/b][/quote]
    John Fox didn&#39;t exactly put on a how to clinic today. Fox was very Martz-like. Never a good thing. [/b][/quote]
    Max, right now they offer you the opportunity to trade coaching staffs-- The Jets staff for the Panthers staff-- You taking it?

HMMMMMM?

[b]HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?[/b]

Listen Carolina was 1-15 two years ago and the Pats went 5-11 before their first Superbowl. This is the NFL in the age of parity. Yes the team can be rebuilt, but it will require good drafting and maybe getting lucky on a lesser free agent or two.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: we;; said t-mac.....in todays NFL no team is that "far behind" The Jets went to the playoffs two of the last three eyars and the Panthers were friggin 1-15 two years ago...the Pats won the big game two years ago....did not make the playoffs last year and won the big game again this year.

This Jets team will be so revamped come training camp, there is no reason to feel that we don&#39;t have a shot next season. So many people are making it seem like we are the worst friggin team in football....thats crap.....we have new competent coaches that will bring fire to this team and we will also get new players...as far as Herm is concerned, he will be a better coach....its his third year and I don&#39;t care how u put it, he still has two playoff appearences and a Div championship under his belt, so all the Herm sucks talk is stupid.

If the Jets are 6-10 next year then i&#39;ll also say "Herm must go" we had a tough year but two straigh tplayoff appearences gives the man at least another year to coach. This league is about parity these days and I love it&#33;&#33;

No reason why the Jets can&#39;t be there next year.

Thats MY opinion.....I&#39;m waiting for the draft to really see what this team does.....all the negative talk can go to heck cause now it&#39;s the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Fox will learn from his mistakes&#33; He took a 1 and 15 team two years ago to a SB and nearly won it&#33; Duh Herm is still trying to master the art of CLOCK MANAGEMENT&#33; In 3 years he still has not demonstrated the ability to win a SB&#33; There , however, is NO truth in the rumor that WOODY is sending DUH HERM to EUROPE this off-season for more seasoning&#33; <_<

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 2 2004, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Feb 2 2004, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 AM
    John Fox didn&#39;t exactly put on a how to clinic today. Fox was very Martz-like. Never a good thing. [/b][/quote]
    Max, right now they offer you the opportunity to trade coaching staffs-- The Jets staff for the Panthers staff-- You taking it?

HMMMMMM?

[b]HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?[/b] [/b][/quote]
    Why would I trade Herm when he is going to win the SuperBowl next season?

My real point is this...THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER. Every coach makes mistakes.

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Feb 2 2004, 11:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Feb 2 2004, 11:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -TomShane@Feb 2 2004, 10:52 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 AM

HMMMMMM?

[b]HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?[/b] [/b][/quote]
    Why would I trade Herm when he is going to win the SuperBowl next season?

My real point is this...THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER. Every coach makes mistakes. [/b][/quote]
    [b][SIZE=4]ANSWER THE QUESTION, YOU PINKO COMMIE SCUM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/SIZE][/b] :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: is Herm like the worst coach in fottball??? Give it a friggin rest already&#33;&#33;&#33; All this talk about clock management...yes he needs to wotrk on it but how many games did clock management cost us??? Wewere in like every friggin game.....all this talk....no one talks about the two playoff years...how we shellacked the Packers and the Colts...did he do a decent coaching job in thoses games????

The Jets were in like every game this year.....we were snakebitten from pre season&#33;

It&#39;s the offseason and we are waiting for the draft and free agency...Yes Herm needs to improve (as does every coach in the league to get to the next level) but the constant chatter is now waaaaaaay too old...he is the coach....live with it and get ready for the offseason.