Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations New England Patriots

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Feb 2 2004, 01:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Feb 2 2004, 01:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:20 AM
    [b] Beat it Husk..........it takes a certain breed to be my friend and you just don&#39;t have it........... [/b][/quote]
    What gives Jetgirl? You are a bitter bitter woman tonight. I was once one of your favorite "patsy" posters. Maybe you should explain to the board what I have done to fall out of favor with you. That is unless it is just too ridiculous to bring up. [/b][/quote]
    :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mathis81+Feb 2 2004, 01:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mathis81 @ Feb 2 2004, 01:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@Feb 2 2004, 01:24 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:20 AM
    [b] Beat it Husk..........it takes a certain breed to be my friend and you just don&#39;t have it........... [/b][/quote]
    What gives Jetgirl? You are a bitter bitter woman tonight. I was once one of your favorite "patsy" posters. Maybe you should explain to the board what I have done to fall out of favor with you. That is unless it is just too ridiculous to bring up. [/b][/quote]
    :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Where&#39;s your brother to really stir up the pot?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Feb 2 2004, 01:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Feb 2 2004, 01:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Mathis81@Feb 2 2004, 01:30 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@Feb 2 2004, 01:24 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:20 AM
    :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Where&#39;s your brother to really stir up the pot? [/b][/quote]
    8pm-4am

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:18 AM
    [b]
    Let&#39;s not forget, I think I smell a huskeralk/jetgirl grudge match brewing. Of course I will demand 60% of the purse. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Husker, don&#39;t flatter yourself, I already gave you more attention than you deserve............

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to The Pats.

This is a tough pill for many Jet fans to swallow and many of us rooted extremely hard for Carolina tonight, even though we all knew that you guys would find a way to win.

It was that kind of season for you guys. Teams always walked away after losing to you guys saying to themselves, We should have and could have won. I think that The Pats were in a dogfight in every game that they were in this year with the exception of a few. The champions find a way to win in the end.

15 straight games, That&#39;s extremely impressive. I don&#39;t know what the record is, I know that The Fish won 17 straight in the perfect season and i don&#39;t if they started off the next season with a few more wins but 15 is a great streak.

The NFL is a crazy up and down league but you&#39;ll be my pick to repeat next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe because I live in the heart of Fish country, and only have so much hatred in me, I don&#39;t really hate the Pats at all.

If this were the Fish now, I could really appreciate your pain.

With that said, the Pats won 15 straight games, won a Super Bowl over a team that just wouldn&#39;t die. The Cat&#39;s D was absolutely gassed, and the team still hung in there. Both teams were well coached, Fox blinked on that 2 point conversion, might have cost them the game. The Pat&#39;s call on their 2 point conversion was sensational. Brady faking a high snap, and a misdirection, what balls.

I had fun it was a good game

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice avatar FlaGreen......

Phuck the Pats............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classy thread, lots of classy posts and posters.

JonE: At some point you may end up referring to them as the Pats*****.

JetGirl:.......... I really think you&#39;re classier than you seem to be at the moment. I think it&#39;s probably your emotion talking and I understand. One of these days it WILL be your turn to win one. Hope you&#39;re a bit coolerheaded tomorrow.

Again, respect to the vast classy majority of Jets fans on this site.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 AM
    [b] Classy thread, lots of classy posts and posters.

JetGirl:.......... I really think you&#39;re classier than you seem to be at the moment. I think it&#39;s probably your emotion talking and I understand. One of these days it WILL be your turn to win one. Hope you&#39;re a bit coolerheaded tomorrow.

Again, respect to the vast classy majority of Jets fans on this site. [/b][/quote]
    RS.........bite me.............

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Feb 2 2004, 12:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Feb 2 2004, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 AM

Again, respect to the vast classy majority of Jets fans on this site. [/b][/quote]
    RS.........bite me............. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can&#39;t we all just get along.

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/West/04/15/rodney.king.ap/story.rodney.king.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:42 AM
    [b] Nice avatar FlaGreen......

Phuck the Pats............ [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Jet girl.

Soon as I saw that pic, I thought it summed up the Jets.

I&#39;ve been a Vinny fan since he played for the Canes. Broke my heart in the Championship game. The Buc&#39;s became my second team because I had just move to Florida, and because Vinny was their QB. Lord were they painful years. I was a Jets fan first, and the Buc&#39;s as my second team. I really started to think is was me who was cursed.

I was thrilled when he came to the Jets. He almost got us there.

He has always been a class act, no matter where he played, or how bad the team was. IMO he played well this year. If anybody else had, we might still have had a chance at the end.

He has one year left. Man I would love to see a miracle happen, and have him retire with a ring. Who knows, the Cat&#39;s were 1-15 last year.

That picture is the passing of the torch.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:00 AM
    [b] Can&#39;t we all just get along.

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/West/04/15/rodney.king.ap/story.rodney.king.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    NEVER............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:00 AM
    [b] Can&#39;t we all just get along.

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/West/04/15/rodney.king.ap/story.rodney.king.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    :D

Pretty clever

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FlaGreen+Feb 2 2004, 02:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlaGreen @ Feb 2 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:42 AM
    [b] Nice avatar FlaGreen......

Phuck the Pats............ [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Jet girl.

Soon as I saw that pic, I thought it summed up the Jets.

I&#39;ve been a Vinny fan since he played for the Canes. Broke my heart in the Championship game. The Buc&#39;s became my second team because I had just move to Florida, and because Vinny was their QB. Lord were they painful years. I was a Jets fan first, and the Buc&#39;s as my second team. I really started to think is was me who was cursed.

I was thrilled when he came to the Jets. He almost got us there.

He has always been a class act, no matter where he played, or how bad the team was. IMO he played well this year. If anybody else had, we might still have had a chance at the end.

He has one year left. Man I would love to see a miracle happen, and have him retire with a ring. Who knows, the Cat&#39;s were 1-15 last year.

That picture is the passing of the torch. [/b][/quote]
    Ditto......... ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 AM

Like I said, hope you don&#39;t feel that way tomorrow.

And to any Yankees/Jets fans: Maybe now you have 1/100th of the idea of how ***** it can be to be a Sox fan.... except pretend that instead of most Pats fans being restrained and (I hope) classy, they&#39;re all talking trash and rubbing your faces in your teams flaws and failings in the worst way.

And again, good to see everyone being classy on this board... except Jstokes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Feb 2 2004, 02:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (RichardSeymour @ Feb 2 2004, 02:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 AM

And to any Yankees/Jets fans: Maybe now you have 1/100th of the idea of how ***** it can be to be a Sox fan.... except pretend that instead of most Pats fans being restrained and (I hope) classy, they&#39;re all talking trash and rubbing your faces in your teams flaws and failings in the worst way.

And again, good to see everyone being classy on this board... except Jstokes. [/b][/quote]
    RS.........watching what you Red Sox fans have gone through reminds me time and time again that being a Tigers fan isn&#39;t as bad as I make it out to be.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Feb 2 2004, 02:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (RichardSeymour @ Feb 2 2004, 02:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@Feb 2 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 AM

And again, good to see everyone being classy on this board... except Jstokes. [/b][/quote]
    I won&#39;t feel any different tomorrow......I hate the Pats and always will..........

I&#39;m a Met fan so don&#39;t lump me in with the Yankee fans.........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetGirl: Any Mets fan is OK in my book. Except my buddy who keeps replaying the "behind the bag" clip when we play beirut.

Gun: yes and no. I mean, I wouldn&#39;t trade places, the Sox are competitive and it must be awfully hard rooting for a team with a massive competitive disadvantage (and baseball NEEDS a cap. It will hurt the Yankees, it will hurt the red Sox, but it will make the game legit again)..... at the same time, yeah, a losing season is actually easier to bear than something like ALCS VII. Damn. No joke, I curled up into a ball and cryed like a baby. Ranks up there in the top 5 worst moments of my life, along with.... well, it was bad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not hate the Pats like I do the Giants, Dolphins and Cowboys.
    I go on record for all the New England fans and posters here- they achieved a huge accomplishment in todays football environment of salary caps, free agency, injuries and getting players motivated.
    To win 2 titles in 3 years is to be saluted
    That being said I can not wait till next year where we can knock you guys off.