Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: refs did fair job

Hall Of Fame
    Oh Shi& , Here comes the 4th time

Muhammed had possesion & fumbled that football....

Hall Of Fame
    YUp and antoine was stuffed for loss

Veteran
    Santana Moss was hit with a 15 yard taunting penalty for spinning the ball early in the year, was the way the pats were acting in the beginning not tauting? That ref should have set the rules early, Bruschi was also giving alot of late hits over looked by refs...

Practice Squad
    The one that we made me want to puke was when the panthers were at about there own 15 or so going left to right on the screen, and it was a run up the middle, and he got tackled, and Harrison and Brusci commensed to hit him and push up on his face mask, but no call. It wasn't just 1 quick shot either, it was fairly obvious.

[quote][b] Muhammed had possesion & fumbled that football.... [/b][/quote]

He had possesion but didn't make a move other than turn his head, the rules say he has to make "football related move" to have possesion. He did not by the rules. It was the right call.

Smith got stuffed, the refs blew that call.

Hall Of Fame
    GG- he ran 3 yards with ball

Ok I must be thinking of a differnt play or didn't notice that he ran that far, but the one I saw he turned his upper body and got hit and the ball got launched forward.

Veteran
    Cant forget about the unsportsmanlike hit Delholme took after throwing his 85 yd td pass. Clearly took an intentional shoulder while running down field celebrating...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mathis81[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:24 AM
    [b] Cant forget about the unsportsmanlike hit Delholme took after throwing his 85 yd td pass. Clearly took an intentional shoulder while running down field celebrating... [/b][/quote]
    I had it on tivo and watched it 5 times...he elbowed him....on purpose.

Thats why he broke that very arm a little while later........KARMA ain't it a *****.

Oh wow, a football player bumping another football player after the whistle? WHAT A GIANT SHOCK. Never seen THAT happen before. :rolleyes:

Though he did 'karma' his way to a nice shiny ring.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jared[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 03:04 AM
    [b] Oh wow, a football player bumping another football player after the whistle? WHAT A GIANT SHOCK. Never seen THAT happen before. :rolleyes:

Though he did 'karma' his way to a nice shiny ring. [/b][/quote]
    A rib shot after a TD pass in the super bowl is shady play in my book..

C'mon Smiz, you know that stuff happens in every game. Players don't put on kid gloves just because its the superbowl, if anything it gets worse. (Notice that one Carolina LB who kept starting s**t on STs?)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jared[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 03:17 AM
    [b] C'mon Smiz, you know that stuff happens in every game. Players don't put on kid gloves just because its the superbowl, if anything it gets worse. (Notice that one Carolina LB who kept starting s**t on STs?) [/b][/quote]
    Jared i could care less...i just thought it was a little obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by t_mac[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 04:32 AM
    [b] The one that we made me want to puke was when the panthers were at about there own 15 or so going left to right on the screen, and it was a run up the middle, and he got tackled, and Harrison and Brusci commensed to hit him and push up on his face mask, but no call. It wasn't just 1 quick shot either, it was fairly obvious. [/b][/quote]
    Forget about the face mask t mac,

Who is that hottie in that picture you have. I'd like to give her an illegal use of hands penalty.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mathis81[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:24 AM
    [b] Cant forget about the unsportsmanlike hit Delholme took after throwing his 85 yd td pass. Clearly took an intentional shoulder while running down field celebrating... [/b][/quote]
    Would you have preferred that they took the TD back and just gave the Panthers an extra 15 yds?

All League
    That Fumble call was are real back breaker because WIlson was gone if it had been called correctly. I wish they would change the rule so plays like that can be challenged, because it definitely would have been overturned.

I was also pissed the refs constantly let Kris Jenkins line up in the neutral zone play after play, but the Play that actually almost cost the Pats the game was the phantom push off they called on Troy Brown that took the Pats out of FG range at the time.

If the Panther DB had been playing tag with Brown, he'd have had a decent claim to saying "he still not it". As bad a call as the pushoff they called on Gonzales in the KC was, this was much worse.

I'd also like to find out what the refs were thinking about on McGinest was about. He stoned the Smith on the within the 5 yds with just a stiff arm. Was it a "hands to the face" call?

Hall Of Fame
    Patfanken- Brown clearly pushed off, not sure what game you were looking at

I think the calls were pretty balanced in this game. The Panthers got called for holding in the endzone on a pretty innocent looking play, but then Brown got called for a push off on a play that happens every week without a flag.

Antowain looked to be well short of the first down marker to me, but then Carolina got the gift back on the fumble that was ruled incomplete.

I've seen calls go NE's way all season, but the officiating crew did a balanced if imperfect job last night.

The Pats won this one fair and square.

BB

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 03:46 AM
    [b] That Fumble call was are real back breaker because WIlson was gone if it had been called correctly. I wish they would change the rule so plays like that can be challenged, because it definitely would have been overturned.

I was also pissed the refs constantly let Kris Jenkins line up in the neutral zone play after play, but the Play that actually almost cost the Pats the game was the phantom push off they called on Troy Brown that took the Pats out of FG range at the time.

If the Panther DB had been playing tag with Brown, he'd have had a decent claim to saying "he still not it". As bad a call as the pushoff they called on Gonzales in the KC was, this was much worse.

I'd also like to find out what the refs were thinking about on McGinest was about. He stoned the Smith on the within the 5 yds with just a stiff arm. Was it a "hands to the face" call? [/b][/quote]
    The call was actually illegal use of the hands...I think it was to the face

Harrison continues to be the dirtiest player in the league.he hit late on about every play he got near..say what you want, but just look at his record...

saying that, it was clear after he got hurt how important he is to that defense..he should probably get the team MVP for the season