Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess Duckboats parades aren't enough

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Buffboy[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 10:51 AM
    [b] All I know is that Buffalo never rioted when they won their ...uhm...never mind. <_<

BB [/b][/quote]
    :lol: That&#39;s funny BB.........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idiot college kids in Kenmore Square where foolish/drunken children from Boston University, Boston College and Northeastern University think it&#39;s fun to start a bonfire in the middlle of the street. Ah, the joys of living in a college town&#33; Honestly, if it were me I would increase the drinking age to 25.

Anyway, I blame the red sox&#33; :)

Duck Boat Parade tomorrow morning....rally at Boston&#39;s City Hall Plaza. Never gets old.

Quack, quack.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:25 PM
    [b]
    LOL...Hey Tex, did you go to the game?? It was in you back yoard for cripes sake&#33; [/b][/quote]

sooth- best offer I had for tickets were &#036;850 a pop for upper end zone (2 rows from the top of the stadium). Common sense prevailed.

Watched the game at home and went downtown after the game.

Not feeling too good right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 2 2004, 11:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Feb 2 2004, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 10:14 AM
    [b]
    Congrads on the win NE, and whatever U do, don&#39;t lose that kicker Viniteri&#33; :P [/b][/quote]

Limo- I know you are a big AV supporter.

Did you have any doubt when he lined up for the 41-yarder after missing those other two?

Pure ice. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s how U patsie&#39;s won it the last time didn&#39;t cha? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrads Big Guy, great game, great win&#33; B)

Any yes, I would take Viniteri over 2 the Jets any day and twice on Sunday. I could care less that he missed one, had one blocked, he did make the kick that counted the most, again. ;)

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] Duck Boat Parade tomorrow morning....rally at Boston&#39;s City Hall Plaza. Never gets old.

Quack, quack. [/b][/quote]
    They aren&#39;t really doing a duckboat parade again, are they??

You think they would have learned from the last one and have a normal parade.

How long before the Yankees Suck chants start? Anyone have the over/under?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duck Boats are uniquely Boston and they are better than you think, Sooth. Sorry, we don&#39;t do high-brow Limo bullsh&t where you can&#39;t even see the actual players. Then again, you don&#39;t have to worry about such things as victory parades, now do you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:33 PM
    [b] Idiot college kids in Kenmore Square where foolish/drunken children from Boston University, Boston College and Northeastern University think it&#39;s fun to start a bonfire in the middlle of the street. Ah, the joys of living in a college town&#33; Honestly, if it were me I would increase the drinking age to 25.

Anyway, I blame the red sox&#33; :)

Duck Boat Parade tomorrow morning....rally at Boston&#39;s City Hall Plaza. Never gets old.

Quack, quack. [/b][/quote]
    This is being billed as a NORTHEASTERN PARTY, Garb. YOUR alma mater, tho I appreciate your cleverness of extending the invites. :P

Kenmore Sq. Party? Then it wasn&#39;t held on Chestnut Hill. :P

But I&#39;ll give you BU as the Comm Ave crowd might have been (briefy) sober enough to make it down the street.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]How long before the Yankees Suck chants start? Anyone have the over/under? [/b][/quote]

Six minutes. And I may officially become a Detriot Tigers fan or something if it happens. We just won our 2nd Superbowl in 3 years. Who cares about the Yankees?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 PM
    [b] Sorry, we don&#39;t do high-brow Limo bullsh&t where you can&#39;t even see the actual players. [/b][/quote]
    Limos? Who uses limos in parades.

Ever hear of a convertible??

I&#39;d rather be in a classic convertible or even a float than in a duckboat any day.

[img]http://www.readio.com/nywindowgallery/yankees/images/pictures-yogi-berra-yankees-parade-6.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NU "celebration" (funny, mayhem being called a "celebration") was started by schmucks from my Alma Mater....losers. Some asswipe (a resident ofthe area, not a student) had a little too much, perhaps? Decides to drive into a sidewalk and ram into the crowd. Nice. If you are familiar with that neighborhood, you would know that whomever was driving was probably on his way to making a drug-deal. I can&#39;t beleive I used to walk to the Brookline T at night...down Huntington...sometimes behind the Art Museum to the Longwood Stop. See what I mean? Stupid, stupid youth. Honestly, I&#39;m lucky the only thing that ever happened to me was having my car booted. :)

The Kenmore Square "celebration" included kids from everywhere - pouring out of the bars on Lansdown Street (across from that curse: The green Monster). So, you have students from: BU, NU, Wentworth, Emerson, Wheelock, Simmons, Suffolk, Bentley, Babson and yes, BC. Sorry, hun. The Partying isn&#39;t exclusive to Maryanne&#39;s.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW: Here&#39;s one of the better benefits of NY tickertape parades...

[url=http://www.siebenheller.com/2000YankeesParade.htm]NYC Parade CLICK HERE[/url]

If any boston chick tried this, there would be mass vomiting. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Feb 2 2004, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Feb 2 2004, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 PM
    [b] Sorry, we don&#39;t do high-brow Limo bullsh&t where you can&#39;t even see the actual players. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;d rather be in a classic convertible or even a float than in a duckboat any day.

[img]http://www.readio.com/nywindowgallery/yankees/images/pictures-yogi-berra-yankees-parade-6.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    We here in NY actually take the time, money and effort to build custom made floats and have the canyon of heroes parade for everyone to enjoy. ;)

I&#39;m sure the duck boats work well in Boston though. At least the "wicked twisted playahs" will hit the water instead of going "splat" on the pavement&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ThisIsOurYear[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:54 PM
    [b] BTW: Here&#39;s one of the better benefits of NY tickertape parades...

[url=http://www.siebenheller.com/2000YankeesParade.htm]NYC Parade CLICK HERE[/url]

If any boston chick tried this, there would be mass vomiting. LOL [/b][/quote]
    LOL&#33;

I really should delete this post but I just can&#39;t.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b]

I really should delete this post but I just can&#39;t. [/b][/quote]

Was that Limo and JetGirl?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet, it&#39;s a Yankees Parade I see....where Steinbrenner not only buys players, but very nice vehicles as well. So, &#39;yall think a Jets ownership that charges it&#39;s wanna-be season ticket holder &#036;50.00 to STAY on a waiting list and continues to back an incompentant GM and coaching staff will do the same? Geez....I&#39;m think hot-dog carts....barbegue grills on wheels, perhaps?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 2 2004, 03:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Feb 2 2004, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b]

I really should delete this post but I just can&#39;t. [/b][/quote]

Was that Limo? [/b][/quote]
    Limolady is not that big a baseball fan, and I like the Mets. ;)

However, [b]when[/b] the Jets win the superbowl I&#39;m calling the guys from "girls gone wild" videos to come down to our party&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:13 PM
    [b]

However, [b]when[/b] the Jets win the superbowl I&#39;m calling the guys from "girls gone wild" videos to come down to our party&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]

They will all be in wheelchairs and have dribble on their chins. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] Duck Boats are uniquely Boston and they are better than you think [/b][/quote]
    Hmm, really? They are "uniquely Boston"? So I guess the old Dual Drives or "Duckboats" put in use for tours in Washington D.C., Baltimore, Jacksonville, heck, even my current hometown of West Palm Beach has one for tourists. The old things have been converted for tourist use and are being used EVERYWHERE. I would hardly call that being "unique".

As for the victory parade I could really care less, I just think its kinda cheezy but maybe they&#39;re afraid the mobs of idiot jobless drunks (lived in Boston for 2 years, I&#39;d call that an accurate description of large parts of the Peoples Republic of Boston) in Boston would attempt to flip the cars the players rode in and burn them? Who knows...whatever floats your boat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, your making it out like it was an Oakland riot or something, 3 overturned cars, and a couple of little fires in the middle of the street set by college kids.

I feel for the one kid killed by the drunk driver, but please that is a once a day thing in a city.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Feb 2 2004, 01:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Feb 2 2004, 01:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:36 PM

[img]http://www.readio.com/nywindowgallery/yankees/images/pictures-yogi-berra-yankees-parade-6.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Admit it Sooth....If the Jesticles ever win the Super Bowl, you&#39;d be happy seeing the players pulled along in little red radio flyer wagons....