Thread: Graber is a great choice!!!!!!!!!&

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bradway/Herm hit a home run here. Give credit when credit is due.
    This guy is a former DC and HC in college and World league. This is exactly what Jets needed on this very young and inexperienced defensive staff. Henderson's low NFL years and lack of DC experience will greatly benefit from a NFL vet DC/former HC (gameplannin. ingame adjustemnts etc). Herms relative youth as a HC and never being a DC will greatly benefit from a vet HC and former DC to 'bounce ' ideas off of. I would hope Graber is the guy whom Herm hands off the game clock to.
    This really seems like a win win all the way around. Perfect fit for the current makeup of team.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: Great call southern Jet but the front office will never get props for the move.....I applaud it. I remeber Graber while at Rutgers...he made those kids play well with inferior talent and he also pretty much ruled NFL Europe.

I now see herm being surrounded by decent coaches....Margini/henderson/Graber...I like the sound of it...it will bring fire to this team......between the draft and free agency, this team will be revamped.......it's nice to see someone that realizes that the front office made a decent move for a change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 10:36 AM
    [b]:ph34r: Great call southern Jet but the front office will never get props for the move.....I applaud it. I remeber Graber while at Rutgers...he made those kids play well with inferior talent and he also pretty much ruled NFL Europe.

I now see herm being surrounded by decent coaches....Margini/henderson/Graber...I like the sound of it...it will bring fire to this team......between the draft and free agency, this team will be revamped.......it's nice to see someone that realizes that the front office made a decent move for a change.[/b][/quote]
    JF you in your Team love at times miss the Point! We WANT to
    give the Jets props when the right moves are Made like this one!
    What we don't do is give the Team or Coaches credit for what they
    DON'T Do!! You even say Quote"Herm is surrounded by Decent Coaches!"
    Now if he wasn't before whose fault was that?? The HC picks his Staff!
    If he picked Bad people then it's on him,not TB or anyone else that the
    Hermophiles want to Blame! Did the front office make this move?? Is
    Herm so clueless he couldn't make the move!! We will never get better
    if we ride the accomplishments of past regime's and have no Idea how
    to fix the Jet machine or get new Parts(Players& Coaches) as they are
    needed for the ultimate Drive to the Super Bowl!! ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I seeing a pattern here by the FO's ability to recruit?

We can never seem to get the guys who [b]are[/b] good.

We can only get the guys who [b]will be[/b] good...or who [b]might one day[/b] be good.

Is NYC so unnatractive that good players/coaches will never come here unless it's their last option?

and when we [b]DO[/b] get someone good (BB/Parcells) they're gone the minute a "real" opportunity comes up?

[b][i]Please don't respond....I've decided to post this as a thread...sorry for the confusion[/i][/b]

TomShane
    Plus, as former coach at Rutgers, he won't be fazed by not being able to recruit top-notch players to come suffer in New Jersey.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 12:18 PM
    [b] Plus, as former coach at Rutgers, he won't be fazed by not being able to recruit top-notch players to come suffer in New Jersey. [/b][/quote]
    haha...good point

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone know the defensive schemes he ran in nfl europe?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 11:36 AM
    [b] :ph34r: Great call southern Jet but the front office will never get props for the move.....I applaud it. I remeber Graber while at Rutgers...he made those kids play well with inferior talent and he also pretty much ruled NFL Europe.

I now see herm being surrounded by decent coaches....Margini/henderson/Graber...I like the sound of it...it will bring fire to this team......between the draft and free agency, this team will be revamped.......it's nice to see someone that realizes that the front office made a decent move for a change. [/b][/quote]
    Dude uh.... who is Margini?

If you mean Mangini, he isn't here. I assume he wouldn't come here now being that there are no openings... unless he can coach receivers.

Henderson, Marcin, Graber...

Graber... HC and DC experience, with relative success. Not a bad call.

Marcin... good D-Line coach with Giants, no reason he should not be able to do the same here with at least equal D-line talent.
    Not a bad call either.

Henderson... here is the question mark. All we have heard is talk, and all we have read is commendations from his coach, from Marv Lewis, and from Ozzie Newsome. Fact is we don't know if he is going to be a good DC or not. We know that his support is good. Marcin, Sutton, Graber... all but Marcin have HC experience.
    Don't know if this was a bad call or not... only time will tell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUH HERM surrounded himself with GOOD coaches when he was first hired. He ruined them by insisting that they employ his beloved COVER 2 even though we did not and still don't have the talent to play it properly. As a result some very good coaches were fired! Now he gets credit for "surrounding himself with good coaches" again! If he stupidly insists on playing a scheme that we do not have the talent for, how long until these coaches are fired and DUH HERM receives another 2 year extention? :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Feb 2 2004, 11:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Feb 2 2004, 11:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 10:36 AM
    [b]:ph34r: Great call southern Jet but the front office will never get props for the move.....I applaud it. I remeber Graber while at Rutgers...he made those kids play well with inferior talent and he also pretty much ruled NFL Europe.

I now see herm being surrounded by decent coaches....Margini/henderson/Graber...I like the sound of it...it will bring fire to this team......between the draft and free agency, this team will be revamped.......it&#39;s nice to see someone that realizes that the front office made a decent move for a change.[/b][/quote]
    JF you in your Team love at times miss the Point&#33; We WANT to
    give the Jets props when the right moves are Made like this one&#33;
    What we don&#39;t do is give the Team or Coaches credit for what they
    DON&#39;T Do&#33;&#33; You even say Quote"Herm is surrounded by Decent Coaches&#33;"
    Now if he wasn&#39;t before whose fault was that?? The HC picks his Staff&#33;
    If he picked Bad people then it&#39;s on him,not TB or anyone else that the
    Hermophiles want to Blame&#33; Did the front office make this move?? Is
    Herm so clueless he couldn&#39;t make the move&#33;&#33; We will never get better
    if we ride the accomplishments of past regime&#39;s and have no Idea how
    to fix the Jet machine or get new Parts(Players& Coaches) as they are
    needed for the ultimate Drive to the Super Bowl&#33;&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    Savage...

The story also mentions how Herm wanted Graber three years ago, but he had just accepted the job to HC in League Europe. This is at least the second person who we have learned Herm wanted and could not get for whatever reasons... Marinelli was the first.
    Sometimes its not so cut and dry.

Herm evidently went after at least these two men, and could not get them. Perhaps if he had, the JETS would have been a different team. Perhaps we would not be here right now at all... who knows? Just because the guys we had didn&#39;t work out, that doesn&#39;t make the coach a loser. He named a staff with what was available, nothing more nothing less.

He still hasn&#39;t had the chance to interview who he really wants (Marinelli)... does that make Herm a bad coach? Maybe it does, but thats not a fair judgement... not everything is in his control.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: I meant Marcin

My point was that the offseason coaches that were hired seem like they will be a great fit. The article about Graber was great....Herm wanted him three years ago and now he&#39;s here.....his work ethic is great and he did well at Rutgers even with the inferior talent.

Add new players and new defensive schemes....this will be a vastly different Jets team than 2003/2003

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: U made a decent point fumes and it&#39;s unfortunate that most fans do not see it that way. When u looked at the coordinators that we did not get......the front office and herm was blasted on each occasion....Marinelli for instance.....they blasted Herm before they even found out that the Bucs GM did not give him permission to talk us us or three other teams.

I look at this staff and I llike what I see. Bring on the draft and lets also see if we can get a decent Free Agent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] :ph34r: U made a decent point fumes and it&#39;s unfortunate that most fans do not see it that way. When u looked at the coordinators that we did not get......the front office and herm was blasted on each occasion....Marinelli for instance.....they blasted Herm before they even found out that the Bucs GM did not give him permission to talk us us or three other teams.

I look at this staff and I llike what I see. Bring on the draft and lets also see if we can get a decent Free Agent. [/b][/quote]
    ,,,it may have happened that way, butttttttt, its an age old practice in the NFL tha twhen a coach does not want to leave a organization they sometimes ask the front office to deny permission so that ALL sides save face.....doesnt give them the reputation of a interviewer who never accepts,,,keeps their rep safe for next time when they want to leave.......I hear Marinelli is a older dude who has kids/grandkids down in Tampa and isnt really motivated to leave unless its the perfect place , i.e. California where he is from........who knows is all i am saying,,,still not Herms fault though, i agree.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: yep u are correct...I live an hour away from Tampa and the papers here stated that Marinelli still had great ties in Tampa. It also said that he was a bit upset that he did not get to talk to any other teams....it was not a major issue though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by southernjet+Feb 3 2004, 10:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (southernjet @ Feb 3 2004, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsfreak[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] :ph34r: U made a decent point fumes and it&#39;s unfortunate that most fans do not see it that way. When u looked at the coordinators that we did not get......the front office and herm was blasted on each occasion....Marinelli for instance.....they blasted Herm before they even found out that the Bucs GM did not give him permission to talk us us or three other teams.

I look at this staff and I llike what I see. Bring on the draft and lets also see if we can get a decent Free Agent. [/b][/quote]
    ,,,it may have happened that way, butttttttt, its an age old practice in the NFL tha twhen a coach does not want to leave a organization they sometimes ask the front office to deny permission so that ALL sides save face.....doesnt give them the reputation of a interviewer who never accepts,,,keeps their rep safe for next time when they want to leave.......I hear Marinelli is a older dude who has kids/grandkids down in Tampa and isnt really motivated to leave unless its the perfect place , i.e. California where he is from........who knows is all i am saying,,,still not Herms fault though, i agree....... [/b][/quote]
    That could very well be true Southern.

Maybe he just doesn&#39;t want to leave.

Rumor had it he was peeved that he was not allowed to interview though, so who knows. I don&#39;t personally think it puts a mark on a mans record if he decides to man up and admit that he doesn&#39;t want to leave his current organization to go to another. I like to think he would just deny the interview himself and say he doesn&#39;t want to go there.

Who really knows?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ll give this much as Far as Herm being a no experience Rookie HC&#33;
    Just like a Gibbs or Tuna or any Name Coach who are proven Winners,
    why would Top position Coaches want to hook their reputation to a
    unproven rookie?? When Gibbs decided to Coach again Top people
    rushed to get on his staff&#33; That&#39;s what having the Rep as a Winner who
    has taken Teams from the Junk pile and turned them into Super Bowl
    Winner&#39;s..Athough there are Hermophiles who say Fox taking a 1-15
    team to the Bowl was no big deal as Herm taking a 9-7 to a first rd
    playoff loss..The next Rookie Coach that will bring a laughing stock
    Team to the Bowl will be Marvin Lewis&#33; Of course then we will hear from
    Herm&#39;s Peanut Gallery that was no Big Deal either..They were Due&#33;&#33;
    I just hope the Hermophiles are true to their word next year and do
    what they said and "Keep a straight Eye on the BBQ Guy"&#33;&#33; ;) :P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] I&#39;ll give this much as Far as Herm being a no experience Rookie HC&#33;
    Just like a Gibbs or Tuna or any Name Coach who are proven Winners,
    why would Top position Coaches want to hook their reputation to a
    unproven rookie?? When Gibbs decided to Coach again Top people
    rushed to get on his staff&#33; That&#39;s what having the Rep as a Winner who
    has taken Teams from the Junk pile and turned them into Super Bowl
    Winner&#39;s..Athough there are Hermophiles who say Fox taking a 1-15
    team to the Bowl was no big deal as Herm taking a 9-7 to a first rd
    playoff loss..The next Rookie Coach that will bring a laughing stock
    Team to the Bowl will be Marvin Lewis&#33; Of course then we will hear from
    Herm&#39;s Peanut Gallery that was no Big Deal either..They were Due&#33;&#33;
    I just hope the Hermophiles are true to their word next year and do
    what they said and "Keep a straight Eye on the BBQ Guy"&#33;&#33; ;) :P [/b][/quote]
    But look who we just signed,,,the Crawfish hat man........

[url=http://www.ashesandwater.com/photos.asp?show=Photo&picID=180]http://www.ashesandwater.com/photos.asp?sh...Photo&picID=180[/url]