Thread: Fox's horrible game management

The SB lost should go on the CS and defense. After the opening drives the panters did nothing on defense to counter new englands strategy which was to run the ball and the play action pass. With the talent that the panthers have in their front 7 to get burned like that is embarassing. The 2 point conversion call was not nearly the worst. They also should have gave Foster alot more carries than he had.

Some of the defensive call were just idiotic. On consecutive plays the call were just bad. The whole Super Bowl I was waiting for Fox to think of some strategy to stop the patriots or a least slow them down but it never happen. For example at the end of the half doing an all out blitz in which they got burnt for a big play. The calls just didn't match to what was happening on field to me. And people say Herm has poor clock management.

And Julius Peppers got b#$%# around all day by the pats oline. They made peppers 6-6 280 look like a safety at there. Im sure abraham can play the run better than that.

And the secondary was just horrible they got burnt and they didn't tackle at all.

Who would think that the vaunted Panters defense would be their weakness. And to think Panthers Dline thought they were better than Tampa's dline.

All League
    Yeah, Fox just SUCKS, HUH? I mean, he only brought a team from 1-15 to the Superbowl 2 years later...what a CHUMP!!

I mean, Herman Edwards has brought the Jets to the playoffs TWO WHOLE YEARS IN A ROW!! Can Fox say that? Geez, I'm so glad we have Herm running the Jets into the gr...I mean LEADING the Jets rather than that idiot Fox who ONLY brought the Panthers to the Superbowl ONCE.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, he's so awful that his team won 3 playoff games( 2 on the road) , he got within 3 points of a Super Bowl win and within 4 seconds of overtime, as well as bringing a 1-15 team to that point in 2 years. The Hermaphrodites will now somehow claim Edwards, the Master Motivator( or so we're told OVER AND OVER; what he does form July through the bye week is anyone's guess), is a better coach than Fox since HE GOT TO THE PLAYOFFS 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS. Right.

Fox is a very good HC, he made some major blunders to cost Carolina the game(going for 2, calling TO w/ 1:30 left) but he is a very good HC. I hate when you guys put down herm to pump up someone else, yeah Herm "only" made it to the 2nd rd but had the Jets had to play dal, SL & Philly they would have made the SB too(w/ the '02 team). The NFC was bruta this year and that playe a major part in carolina getting to the SB and NE played maybe it's worst game of the season(outside of opening week) and left the door wide open for an upset but Fox's blunders cost them a Championship.

Hall Of Fame
    Enough talk comparing Fox to FLimFlam.

The only way herm gets there is if we switch leagues and enter Lingerie Bowl,
    not sure we would win either, they would be missing tackles after tripping
    over middle leg

lol

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetMedic[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 03:55 AM
    [b] Yeah, Fox just SUCKS, HUH? I mean, he only brought a team from 1-15 to the Superbowl 2 years later...what a CHUMP!!

I mean, Herman Edwards has brought the Jets to the playoffs TWO WHOLE YEARS IN A ROW!! Can Fox say that? Geez, I'm so glad we have Herm running the Jets into the gr...I mean LEADING the Jets rather than that idiot Fox who ONLY brought the Panthers to the Superbowl ONCE. [/b][/quote]
    Fox does not suck at all he is a real good coach. Its just that their defense got shredded the last 3 quarters.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: not prepared???? They barely lost the ball game....great ballgame!

He had those guys playing.....no need to dissect the game...they lost by what? 3 points!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by nyjunc[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 09:02 AM
    [b] Fox is a very good HC, he made some major blunders to cost Carolina the game(going for 2, calling TO w/ 1:30 left) but he is a very good HC. I hate when you guys put down herm to pump up someone else, yeah Herm "only" made it to the 2nd rd but had the Jets had to play dal, SL & Philly they would have made the SB too(w/ the '02 team). The NFC was bruta this year and that playe a major part in carolina getting to the SB and NE played maybe it's worst game of the season(outside of opening week) and left the door wide open for an upset but Fox's blunders cost them a Championship. [/b][/quote]
    NFC was brutal this year it was like the eastern conference in the NBA. It just that somebody had to win it. Everybody new that the Titans or the Pats were going to take it. Their was not one good defense from the NFc that made it other than Carolina. And im not trying to use Fox's super bowl lost to pump up herm.

The way their defense got exposed is pretty simple they simple schemes. And the pats were the only team smart enough to run on them. If Philly and Rams would have run on them more they would have had a chance. Especially the Rams who didn't start using Faulk until the last mins of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    SB- agree NFC was brutal but cats were 4 seconds from OT

F'n Kasay

[quote][i]Originally posted by afosomf[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 11:11 AM
    [b] SB- agree NFC was brutal but cats were 4 seconds from OT

F'n Kasay [/b][/quote]
    I guess I was so mad that the garbagea#% Patriots one that i had to blame somebody. But it was disturbing the way the panthers played defense. To me they were to overconfident. They completely forget about the NE run game in their preparation which they had two weeks for.

The only thing you can knock Fox on is his going for 2 the first time.

If he took the XP both times, Adam V kicks to tie because they would not have had the need to go for 2 their one time.

However, seeing he did not know how many times he would get the ball it is hard to fault him for that.

He did an excellent job. Both Ds were gassed by the 4th. Only time was going to decide the game and the Patriots had just enough.