Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfortunately, we don't have a leg to stand on

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Chad. He is by far my favorite JETS player since Klecko. My 3 favs of all time are Namath, KlecKo and Penny.

That said, we as JETS fans can no longer argue that he is better than Brady.. Cindy has two rings..Not many QB's in NFL history have 2 rings.

If Penny gets one ring ( or turns into Dan Marino) then we may have a leg to stand on. As of now, we do not!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ctjetfan[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b] I love Chad. He is by far my favorite JETS player since Klecko. My 3 favs of all time are Namath, KlecKo and Penny.

That said, we as JETS fans can no longer argue that he is better than Brady.. Cindy has two rings..Not many QB's in NFL history have 2 rings.

If Penny gets one ring ( or turns into Dan Marino) then we may have a leg to stand on. As of now, we do not!! [/b][/quote]
    Some questions:
    How many times was TB sacked the last 4 -5 games?
    Last night when he did get pressured how did he do?
    I'm all for giving Brady his due but I'll take his OFF. line any day
    over Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could never compare Marino to Trent Dilfer either, I mean Marino has nothing on Dilfer without that ring.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:56 PM
    [b] You could never compare Marino to Trent Dilfer either, I mean Marino has nothing on Dilfer without that ring. [/b][/quote]
    I'd rather be a Ravens fan than a Dolphins fan. Records are nice, rings are better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 2 2004, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (D-BYRD @ Feb 2 2004, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ctjetfan[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b] I love Chad. He is by far my favorite JETS player since Klecko. My 3 favs of all time are Namath, KlecKo and Penny.

That said, we as JETS fans can no longer argue that he is better than Brady.. Cindy has two rings..Not many QB&#39;s in NFL history have 2 rings.

If Penny gets one ring ( or turns into Dan Marino) then we may have a leg to stand on. As of now, we do not&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Some questions:
    How many times was TB sacked the last 4 -5 games?
    Last night when he did get pressured how did he do?
    I&#39;m all for giving Brady his due but I&#39;ll take his OFF. line any day
    over Brady. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I agree, they do have a nice line.

Also, It might have been Penny with the rings if we were able to keep BB and the others.

I don&#39;t think Chad will be getting a ring anytime soon with the 3 stooges running the show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, that&#39;s not the point dewbag.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad is not a very good QB. This is no newsflash.

Brady is far better.

That said, I do not buy the argument that Brady has no line, no WRs and no running game. He has a GREAT Oline and Givens, Branch and Brown are a very good core of WRs.

This whole myth thta Brady has "nothing to work with" is absurd. I&#39;ll give the guy his props - Brady stepped up huge, though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ctjetfan[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] If Penny gets one ring ( or turns into Dan Marino) then we may have a leg to stand on. As of now, we do not&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Speaking of legs, If it wasn&#39;t for Adam V&#39;s kick, the celebration&#39;s would be happening in the Carolina&#39;s right now. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] [/b][/quote]
    Chad has to play a couple of full seasons to warrant any kind of comparisons. he has a bright future and has been solid to great but Brady has been doing it for 3 full years now. Its an unfair comparison.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:06 PM
    [b] but Brady has been doing it for 3 full years now. Its an unfair comparison. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m glad this arguement is finally over.

There is no comparison to these two QB&#39;s.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b] I love Chad. He is by far my favorite JETS player since Klecko. My 3 favs of all time are Namath, KlecKo and Penny.

That said, we as JETS fans can no longer argue that he is better than Brady.. Cindy has two rings..Not many QB&#39;s in NFL history have 2 rings.

If Penny gets one ring ( or turns into Dan Marino) then we may have a leg to stand on. As of now, we do not&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]

This is horse****, two rings does not mean Brady is a better QB. The Patriots are a good team with excellent coaching. What is funny is that they are not the most talented team, but because of good coaching, good fundamentals, because there really aren&#39;t any prima-donnas on the team, it makes Belichick&#39;s job easier to make them buy into his program.

To say that Brady is better just because of the ring is BS. Brady didn&#39;t win that game yesterday, he almost threw it away, his INT allowed Carolina back into the game and eventually back in front. But good coaching, and some VERY timely mistakes and mental errors by the Panthers allowed New England to perservere.

What idiot said "Pennington is not a very good QB?" Just another in the long line of morons who have nothing better to do than bash a guy that is FAR from any such criticism.

Brady is a good QB too, I won&#39;t deny that, but I actually think Pennington is and willl be a better QB when all is said and done. You put Pennington on the Patriot team there is no difference, their might even be BETTER QB play, and the team doesn&#39;t miss a beat.

Watch, New England has multiple picks again this draft, no way does New England use every one of their picks, they will either trade down, or trade away picks for more picks again next year, with today&#39;s FA, and the fact that their are players now on the Patriots that will come looking for their money, having won two Super Bowl rings in the last 3 years, these guy will come looking to get paid, they will see their name in the headlines, Belichick will be forced to replace these guys, Belichick can&#39;t have a team with too many superstars.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b]
    Brady is a good QB too, I won&#39;t deny that, but I actually think Pennington is and willl be a better QB when all is said and done. [/b][/quote]

RayRay- Take off the damn glasses.

Pennington better than Brady?

That&#39;s some funny sh*t.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 01:00 PM
    [b] Chad is not a very good QB. This is no newsflash.

Brady is far better.

[/b][/quote]
    We agree 5ever Chad is not very good and Vinny has been
    terrible his whole career save maybe 2 or 3 years.. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    pennington by far is a better qb . do u imagine if we had the pats def. all year and chad pennington healthy all year. man we would be 15-1 . i would chose chad over cindy anyday. cindy had his first good game congrats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 2 2004, 02:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Feb 2 2004, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LesterLyles[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:06 PM
    [b] but Brady has been doing it for 3 full years now. Its an unfair comparison. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m glad this arguement is finally over.

There is no comparison to these two QB&#39;s. [/b][/quote]
    This argument is far from over.

Brady has 2 rings (one&#39;s a fake), and he got them with great coaching, a great defense and a clutch kicker.

Chad&#39;s a better QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by thechadzone10[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:26 PM
    [b] pennington by far is a better qb . do u imagine if we had the pats def. all year and chad pennington healthy all year. man we would be 15-1 . [/b][/quote]

Hey zone, do you know how ridiculous that statement is?

It would take the Jets two years to get 15 wins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put Pennington on the pats and he probably has 3 rings. All legit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad was heroic in this years game vs the Pats...it was his defenses fault he threw 5 picks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 02:31 PM
    [b] Put Pennington on the pats and he probably has 3 rings. All legit. [/b][/quote]

As a backup QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going into this year, they were neck and neck but Brady outplayed chad this year. This does not mean that Chad cannot have a better year than Brady next year. But as of right now Brady is the better QB, and I think 75% of other fans would agree.