Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unfortunately, we don't have a leg to stand on

Hall Of Fame
    Brady is better than Chad P

Not better than Marino!!

If he gets a couple more, i have a right to change my mind.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] With him, they probably maek the playoffs. [/b][/quote]

Ugh, your boy wonder was 4-6 as a starter last year.

He threw almost as many INT's as TD's.

He continues to play poorly against good defenses (should have been 7 picks against the Pats, not 5).

To mention Pennington in the same sentence as Brady is ludicrous.

[quote][i]Originally posted by afosomf[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 05:55 PM
    [b] Brady is better than Chad P

Not better than Marino!!

If he gets a couple more, i have a right to change my mind. [/b][/quote]
    Afo, are you feeling alright? You're starting to rack up some credibility here.

You're correct on both counts, right now.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:06 PM
    [b]
    Afo, are you feeling alright? You're starting to rack up some credibility here.

[/b][/quote]

afo- what the hell were you drinking yesterday?

[quote][b]Ugh, your boy wonder was 4-6 as a starter last year.

He threw almost as many INT's as TD's.[/b][/quote]

Typical response from the ignorant.

Starting off the season with a team and a 0-0 record is COMPLETELY different than joining a team mid-season, with a 2-4 record and facing elimination from playoff contention after only week 6, which is what Pennington had to endure. Considering how much momentum is a major factor in the NFL game, how can anbody even question the two different scenarios, don't be an idiot.

As for the INT's, he threw half of them against YOUR team, in a game where they were already out of any kind of post-season contention, a game where Pennington was playing without several of his major weapons at WR, Kevin freaking Lockett as his second option, and a game that meant nothing for the team, but for Pennington, he decided to go against his own character and make decisions in an effort to steal the game. He nearly did it too, but fell short, with MUCH less talent on the field due to injury.

Nice try though.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 05:18 PM
    [b] And all credit to fans like YJF who realize that whatever they think of Chad, right now it's just not a real debate.

and side thought..... if the Jets had more cap space maybe they'd make a run at Woody to play LG. [/b][/quote]
    It still amazes me how you guys think some fake validation from a Jet fan proves your point.

ARod is better than Jeter.

Jeter has rings, Arod doesn't.

I'm not saying Chad is anywhere near Arod, or that the Pats are anywhere near the Yankees.

But you get my point, even if you won't admit it.

Chad is a BETTER QB than Brady, notwithstanding Brady's fake ring, his real ring and his purse/pocketbook.

He's on a much worse team.

Period.

Your guy had a nice little game.

No one other than a few Pat fans are calling Brady an all-time great.

He's an all-time good-one.

He's still not Chad.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JStokes[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:45 PM
    [b]

Chad is a BETTER QB than Brady, notwithstanding Brady's fake ring, his real ring and his purse/pocketbook.

[/b][/quote]

Stokes- It's not even close.

Are you FrankMonga's twin brother?

Hall Of Fame
    Could you imagine if the JETS had an awesome offensive line too, PENYY QB rating would be at least 115 to 120 and we would have been in the playoffs this year too.

What makes a great QB is when you don't have all that help and the QB are able to improvise, able to shake off pressure and step out of the pocket and throw on the run to an open receiver.

It's easy to step back as a QB and have no prsssure and throw wherever you want.

Penny may or may not end up being a great quarterback. But as of now, nobody knows. He simply hasn't proven himself yet. He hasn't even completed a full season yet. Comparing Penny to Brady is a gross disservice to both players. Penny has a long ways to go to belong in Brady's company. Not smack...Just fact.

Oh, and I for one would much prefer Brady over Marino. Danny boy was good for stats not wins. Give me Brady any day.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 2 2004, 06:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Feb 2 2004, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JStokes[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:45 PM
    [b]

Chad is a BETTER QB than Brady, notwithstanding Brady&#39;s fake ring, his real ring and his purse/pocketbook.

[/b][/quote]

Stokes- It&#39;s not even close.

Are you FrankMonga&#39;s twin brother? [/b][/quote]
    Says you.

Actually, I will grant you that Brady is almost as good as Chad. Happy?

Who is FM?

I am NOBODIES twin.

[quote][i]Originally posted by MrSFJFC[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 06:50 PM
    [b] Could you imagine if the JETS had an awesome offensive line too, PENYY QB rating would be at least 115 to 120 and we would have been in the playoffs this year too.

What makes a great QB is when you don&#39;t have all that help and the QB are able to improvise, able to shake off pressure and step out of the pocket and throw on the run to an open receiver.

It&#39;s easy to step back as a QB and have no prsssure and throw wherever you want. [/b][/quote]
    OK, dude, two points:

ONE: While the Pats OL was good, do NOT underestimate Brady&#39;s role in keeping his jersey clean. He had quick, accurate releases, and his movement in the pocket was treeeeemendous. Time and time again he&#39;d take that one step necessary to avoid pressure. The OL was good, but that in no way diminishes Brady&#39;s great game.

TWO: You can make that argument for any of the "great ones". Did Elway have a bad OL when he won those two SBs? Nope. He had one of the best ever, and an incredible running back to keep the defense honest. Montana had a good line. Marino had OLs of varying quality, but then again he never won one, did he?

Time for me to face facts. I&#39;ve been dis&#39;ing Brady since he took over from Bleadsoe. To this day, I refused to admit he is a good qb.

Game over...I&#39;ve been beaten. This guy is an excellent qb. He&#39;s cool under pressure, uses his head and is very accurate when he throws. These are the same traits that Penny has.

As far as comparing the two...It&#39;s impossible to know how Penny would do if he had the same team behind him. What I do know is that Brady makes things happen with his play. Chad also makes things happen with his, however at this point in time, Brady has to get the nod. The guy has no concept of the meaning of pressure.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: who cares?? Why compare?? They are both fine QB&#39;s..Chad has played a season and a half and he has put up wonderful numbers.....this year he will actually have som eoffensive weapons.....Chad will get us there one day.

Practice Squad
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Feb 2 2004, 04:55 PM
    [b]Say it slowly at first, and then faster and faster each time as the shock wears off and you begin to accept reality:

Here goes:

"Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB.""Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB." "Chad is not a very good QB."

C&#39;mon guys, was that so hard?[/b][/quote]
    say it slowly at first, then faster and faster each time as the shock wears off and you begin to accept reality:
    here goes:
    jet5ever is not very football smart. keep repeating untill the truth sinks in

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland[/i]@Feb 3 2004, 01:56 PM
    [b] C&#39;mon guys, was that so hard?[/QUOTE]
    say it slowly at first, then faster and faster each time as the shock wears off and you begin to accept reality:
    here goes:
    jet5ever is not very football smart. keep repeating untill the truth sinks in [/b][/quote]
    One of the most astute posts I&#39;ve seen on this thread.

Well done.